How is 4.2.2 running so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

alexcinci

Jan 26, 2011
Ribeirao preto
Almost good for me.
I m not having any issues except from BT. Its better than before, but still buggy. Before, the BT would connect, and right after disconncted and then stop working. Now, sometimes would do that but its not stop working. Now I turn the BT off, the radio BT off, then turn everything on and work again...

roadcarver1971

Feb 13, 2013
I'm not using a stock 4.2.2 but rootbox's 4.2.2 + Pirates Kernel and all is good. No lag.

Prior to that, I used Bigxie's deox'd 4.2.2 and Android Revolution HD 10, they're good as well. The only issue that I have with 4.2.2 is the wifi tethering not working.

I love the Rootbox 4.2.2 for the Maguro (using nightly at the moment as the stable is not yet released).

Babaganush11

Feb 23, 2013
It's been good so far except for the fact that my NFC and Android Beam settings have beeng greyed out. Does anyone have any help to fix that?

arminvandyk

Dec 27, 2008
New Delhi
hey guys, i am facing a weird issue with all 4.2.2 roms i have tried i.e. xenon, orca and rootbox. I am not able to access quick toggles on any these roms.
No matter what i do, status bar only shows notifications. Any suggestions?

playabigfoot

Apr 22, 2012
Tallinn
I have a weird stuttering when opening and closing apps. Tried almost every 4.2.2 ROM (maguro BTW) and a lot of different kernels and kernel settings (even performance governor didn't help). Yes of course after clean flash is everything OK but after few hours the stutter starts. With my last try I didn't even install any apps to see maybe an app causing this but no still stutter I'm almost given up on 4.2.2 :banghead:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
hey guys, i am facing a weird issue with all 4.2.2 roms i have tried i.e. xenon, orca and rootbox. I am not able to access quick toggles on any these roms.
when you pull the status bar down there should be an icon on the right corner tap it to show quick settings

Edit- here is a picture

access-quick-settings.png

Last edited:
Reactions: fahadali2315

LordDeath

Nov 30, 2006
I have a weird stuttering when opening and closing apps. Tried almost every 4.2.2 ROM (maguro BTW) and a lot of different kernels and kernel settings (even performance governor didn't help). Yes of course after clean flash is everything OK but after few hours the stutter starts. With my last try I didn't even install any apps to see maybe an app causing this but no still stutter I'm almost given up on 4.2.2 :banghead:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Recently I have noticed a similar issue with the CyanogenMod nightlies. I even did a factory reset and the device still suffers extreme lags.
A taskmanager shows, that the iowait on the CPU is very high and I have no idea what caused this behavior. :(

R

ronnie_1712

I'm finally happy with stock Android after a long time, well at least after 4.1.2. I'm also getting great battery life, but this is the first time I'm completely stock, so yeah. Google ftw!

roadcarver1971

Feb 13, 2013
With Rootbox 4.2.2 build, under settings to to:

ROM Control->Statusbar Toggles->Enable fast toggle.

Once you've done that, go to "Choose fast toggle side". This is where it will allow you to enable the quick toggles via swiping down on the far top left or far top right of your Nexus phone. It's a matter of where you swipe down. Swiping in the middle will pull down the standard notification pull down.

Hope this helps.

Screenshot_2013-02-25-21-28-30 by generalchiang, on Flickr

Terepin

Dec 9, 2010
Košice
www.jamendo.com
OK, so after manually installing 4.2.2, because 4.1.2 was the last one my phone saw, I'm a little bit confused. Wasn't suppose the stock browser to be replaced with Chrome? It is on my N7, but not on GNex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't have a 4.2 OTA, but I've been running the leaked apps on my Gnex for weeks.
    Here's my impressions:
    Keyboard is great for one-handed typing, I don't care who you are you have to admit that it makes it a little easier to type when you only have one had available and I'm a fan of it.

Camera is alright, I feel like the pictures (at least on the Gnex) didn't look as good as they should've but that was a .apk from a Nexus 4, so it's understandable. Also Photo Sphere works pretty well if you know how to take the pictures correctly and not move the phone around too much.

From what I've seen of the official 4.2 features, lock-screen widgets look really unfinished, quick settings needs some work and the ability to customize it, and I still don't know if HDR is on the Gnex yet.

Overall I'm a little skeptical if this will be a definitive "upgrade" or not.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

I stopped reading here.
    First Impression after 24 Hours

Preamble: Flashed a fastboot factory images odexed and no root with full wipe

Pro :

- Wifi signal and new Radio it's better. (Europe/France)
    - Wifi option for battery safe work very well.
    - Battery life it's a bit improve. (Not as well as i expected)
    - Camera Effect integrated are very useful, don't need third party apps for common effect.
    - Google Now have a separated shortcut from lockscreen (For me it's Better).
    - DayDream, i Like it.
    - Keyboard it's good, not soo awesome but it's good.

Downside :

- Toogle Widget idea it's good but they need to transform these in a real widget.
    - Battery percentage should be integrated in the battery icons (Why not?? all phone have this option)
    - Lockscreen widget are a good idea too, but they seems too me a little immature.
    - Camera shortcut on widget (Very annoying if you make a mistake on swype).
    - When the lockscreen appears for first second you see that horrible lateral edges.
    - T9 search contacts (I don't know why??).
    - Wallpaper are always the same and some of that haven't the good size to apply.
    - Sound are always the same and very poor loudness (Why???).

What I'd Like :

- Integrated battery % (obv)
    - Lockscreen configurable from Setting an not from the lockscreen so u don't have all that **** on it.
    - An improved sound.
    - The Utopia of battery life ( I have now given up)
    - Wallpaper and sound must be upgrated (Fix the size of some of that).
    - Toogle widget as a real widget.
    - Meteo widget possible in the lockscreen.

For Now it' all. (i hope they do this in a future 5.0)

I know that all of this this maybe will be improved on CM, AOKP, Etc.. Etc.. ; but i always ask to myself WHY???? if a "normal people", it's not my case, don't wanna go through "framework, adb, fastboot, wipe, system, jar, etc... etc..." , must have the possibility of usage his device at least pleasant.
    It's Obvious that for other things u need a CUSTOM ROM.

PS: Sorry for my Bad English, but i think you get the idea.
    It's really smooth and stable for me. Even better than 4.1.2. I like the new styling and I fell in love with new additions right away. Like I mentioned before, I'm a bit bothered by a "recent apps" menu. Everythime I close (slide) an app, it laggs. The whole thing just blinks for a bit. Otherwise, everything runs well.

Oh, and I don't have "pinch to zoom" in Gmail.. checked in the settings, if I missed anything, but nothing... any ideas?
    In GMail settings enable Auto-fit messages to enable pinch zooming.
    I sense a lag after the update; even after two reboots.
    The lock screen is almost rubbish IMHO. Its like having multiple screens with widgets.
    As for the toggle I was expecting much much more. Don't mind the keyboard at all.
    widgets on android are so useless and so are multiple home screens
    and guess whats even more useless? widgets in the lockscreen..

i hope they understand this and rethink the whole UI in android 5.0

I'll get Matias Duarte on the phone immediately. Do you mind if I link to your comment so the ui design team can know who to go to for instructions on how to design Androids next iteration?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2