[ROOT][SHARE] VRoot 1.6.0.3690 - 1-Click Root Method - Lenovo A706, Walkman F800 etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zhuhang

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 3, 2011
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
Easier One Click Rooting Method

Supported devices:

Change log:
http://www.mgyun.com/vroot/UpdateLog

Disclaimer:
- This requires a PC.
- No CWM needed.
- This installs a Chinese root manager rather than superuser or superSU. But I will teach you how to replace it below.

Instruction:
1. Download the rooting application. (This app can root many other devices :good: )
***mod edit links removed
2. Install the app. This is a Chinese app so I will guide you. Below is a step by step screenshot attached guide.
Start the exe you downloaded. Click Next.
axs6.png

Next.
5yhk.png

Don't create start menu. (as you wish)
jy9i.png

Create desktop icon.
js08.png

Finish. Uncheck if you dont want to start the rooting app now.
p05g.png

3. Start VROOT and root now!
Rooting app started. This will pop-up.
kq1s.png

Now connect your device and you it will get detected. (Make sure USB Debugging is turned ON in your device)
Click the Green bottom right button and wait for rooting process to be done.
756c.png

When this shows up, device will reboot, now you can unplug your device.
cmgb.png

4. Now we need to install SuperSU from play store to replace the Chinese root manager called 授权管理 1.0.4.
5. Go to play store and install SuperSU.
6. Start SuperSU and you will be asked for permission by 授权管理 1.0.4, choose 允许(means allow). (Should be the right side option.)
7. SuperSU will prompt to install SU binary, go ahead with OK and it will display successful.
8. Now, freeze 授权管理 1.0.4 in titanium backup, just in case you need it again.
Note: If you uninstall straight away from app manager, you need to make sure SuperSU updated the binary.
9. Re-run SuperSU to make sure everything is alright. You will be prompt again to install SU binary, just do what it asked.
10. After that, you are rooted with SuperSU and 授权管理 1.0.4 will not be there anymore.

Optional
11. If you want to be more assured, in SuperSU app, prepare for a Reinstall in settings. (NOT Full unroot NOT Switch superuser app)
12. SuperSU will be removed and go back to play store to re-download and install.
13. Start SuperSU and SuperSU will prompt to install SU binary, go ahead with OK and it will display successful.

Last edited by a moderator:

gr8techie

Nov 27, 2011
Lucknow
Hi zhuhang.

Thanks for taking the time to post a usable guide for the VROOT method here.

Just wanted to confirm that this works on my Huawei MediaPad 10 Link tablet also.

I suggest that you create a post with a list of all devices with which this rooting method works.

Also, there is a problem when I tried to uninstall the chinese root manager after installing superSU. I am getting error when updating the superSU binary after uninstalling the chinese root manager from Titanium Backup.

Check this and let me know. I will also add this to the ROOT post of the Lenovo A706 thread.

:) Thanks.

Last edited:

zhuhang

Apr 3, 2011
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
Hi zhuhang.

Just wanted to confirm that this works on my Huawei MediaPad 10 Link tablet also.

I suggest that you create a post with a list of all devices with which this rooting method works.

Also, there is a problem when I tried to uninstall the chinese root manager after installing superSU. I am getting error when updating the superSU binary after uninstalling the chinese root manager from Titanium Backup.

Check this and let me know. I will also add this to the ROOT post of the Lenovo A706 thread.

Yes, that's the only part I'm afraid of where user getting error updating binary after uninstalling chinese root manager.

Did you install supersu before uninstalling chinese root?

Idk the list of supported device, I know there's a lot.

Last edited:

gr8techie

Nov 27, 2011
Lucknow
Yes, that's the only part I'm afraid of where user getting error updating binary after uninstalling chinese root manager.

yes, I installed the superSU from Playstore before uninstalling the chinese root manager app just as you had mentioned in your instructions.

ilovebrazil

Jan 4, 2013
Ho Chi Minh
This is the way i uninstall the Chinese Root app without any SuperSU error:
1. After rooting, install any Recovery.
2. Use Titanium Backup to uninstall the Chinese Root app.
3. Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51.zip via Recovery. Download link: http://download.chainfire.eu/345/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51.zip
4. Done. :fingers-crossed:

zhuhang

Apr 3, 2011
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
This is the way i uninstall the Chinese Root app without any SuperSU error:
1. After rooting, install any Recovery.
2. Use Titanium Backup to uninstall the Chinese Root app.
3. Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51.zip via Recovery. Download link: http://download.chainfire.eu/345/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51.zip
4. Done. :fingers-crossed:
I got it working without flashing anything.

The exact steps I'm not sure, its a bit random, freeze, uninstall, and supersu managed to update its binary.

richsund

Sep 25, 2013
This Vroot tool just worked for me - Sony Ericsson Xperia Active ST17i, Android version 4.1.B.0587

The other similar tool (eRoot) mentioned in other XDA threads did not work.

No need to use the complicated method of re-flashing older android version! :good:

whoelsec

Jan 12, 2010
Singapore
Thanks OP for the root method. The phone that I used was Sony Xperia ZR LTE. Initially I wanted to just stay with the Chinese Root Manager, but most Chinese Root Managers are too obstructive, they kept pestering me to control app auto startup each and every time I installed a new app. So I decided to replace it with SuperSU instead.

Like few others, I installed SuperSU from App Store, grant it root access from the Chinese Root Manager, ran SuperSU let it installed its own SU binaries or something. Thought that is all, then I disabled the Chinese Root Manager. Unfortunately after that SuperSU was not recognized as the Root Manager.

After a few trial and errors, I found that we have to make SuperSU as System App in order to be able to replace another Root Manager. So what I did was I installed "/system/app mover" from the App Store, grant it root access from the Chinese Root Manager, then converted SuperSU to System App. After that just repeated what I did earlier, grant SuperSU root access, let it installed its binaries, blah blah blah.

After all these, I disabled the Chinese Root Manager, tested that the SuperSU is doing its work, then installed Titanium Backup and uninstalled the Chinese Root Manager from my phone. Viola! Now I have a simple root manager.

Hope it helps people who wanted to have another Root Manager but unable to get it working.

Last edited:

3lastic

Sep 15, 2010
Issues finding 授权管理 1.0.4

Hi !!
Thanks a lot man it worked like a charm on Xperia Ultra Z.

I just have a quick Q, I can't find the 授权管理 1.0.4 in Titanium.

Any clues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Easier One Click Rooting Method

Supported devices:

Change log:
    http://www.mgyun.com/vroot/UpdateLog

Disclaimer:
    - This requires a PC.
    - No CWM needed.
    - This installs a Chinese root manager rather than superuser or superSU. But I will teach you how to replace it below.

Instruction:
    1. Download the rooting application. (This app can root many other devices :good: )
    ***mod edit links removed
    2. Install the app. This is a Chinese app so I will guide you. Below is a step by step screenshot attached guide.
    Start the exe you downloaded. Click Next.
    axs6.png

Next.
    5yhk.png

Don't create start menu. (as you wish)
    jy9i.png

Create desktop icon.
    js08.png

Finish. Uncheck if you dont want to start the rooting app now.
    p05g.png

3. Start VROOT and root now!
    Rooting app started. This will pop-up.
    kq1s.png

Now connect your device and you it will get detected. (Make sure USB Debugging is turned ON in your device)
    Click the Green bottom right button and wait for rooting process to be done.
    756c.png

When this shows up, device will reboot, now you can unplug your device.
    cmgb.png

4. Now we need to install SuperSU from play store to replace the Chinese root manager called 授权管理 1.0.4.
    5. Go to play store and install SuperSU.
    6. Start SuperSU and you will be asked for permission by 授权管理 1.0.4, choose 允许(means allow). (Should be the right side option.)
    7. SuperSU will prompt to install SU binary, go ahead with OK and it will display successful.
    Note: If you uninstall straight away from app manager, you need to make sure SuperSU updated the binary.
    9. Re-run SuperSU to make sure everything is alright. You will be prompt again to install SU binary, just do what it asked.
    10. After that, you are rooted with SuperSU and 授权管理 1.0.4 will not be there anymore.

Optional
    11. If you want to be more assured, in SuperSU app, prepare for a Reinstall in settings. (NOT Full unroot NOT Switch superuser app)
    12. SuperSU will be removed and go back to play store to re-download and install.
    13. Start SuperSU and SuperSU will prompt to install SU binary, go ahead with OK and it will display successful.
    Until this method is verified to be working safely and without malware, I would advise everyone not to use this method. This thread and any other are to be closed on sight. Please report them to the moderation team.
    Thanks OP for the root method. The phone that I used was Sony Xperia ZR LTE. Initially I wanted to just stay with the Chinese Root Manager, but most Chinese Root Managers are too obstructive, they kept pestering me to control app auto startup each and every time I installed a new app. So I decided to replace it with SuperSU instead.

Like few others, I installed SuperSU from App Store, grant it root access from the Chinese Root Manager, ran SuperSU let it installed its own SU binaries or something. Thought that is all, then I disabled the Chinese Root Manager. Unfortunately after that SuperSU was not recognized as the Root Manager.

After a few trial and errors, I found that we have to make SuperSU as System App in order to be able to replace another Root Manager. So what I did was I installed "/system/app mover" from the App Store, grant it root access from the Chinese Root Manager, then converted SuperSU to System App. After that just repeated what I did earlier, grant SuperSU root access, let it installed its binaries, blah blah blah.

After all these, I disabled the Chinese Root Manager, tested that the SuperSU is doing its work, then installed Titanium Backup and uninstalled the Chinese Root Manager from my phone. Viola! Now I have a simple root manager.

Hope it helps people who wanted to have another Root Manager but unable to get it working.
    Hi zhuhang.

Hi zhuhang.