[PRJ][OS]Linux and Android on HTC Diamond "NOT YET WORKING"

Search This thread

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
If you have an accelerometer/orientation based application that doesn't work, please report.
Current sensor code is really ugly, hasn't been widely tested, and has been made without clear understanding of what is expected by android from the driver. There is no doc about it in android !
So it's most likely some applications won't work.
By the way, even if i implemented an "orientation" sensor, diam/raph have no compass, so azimuth always answers 0.

adilkhan1214

Jul 14, 2008
Front Panel

Diam 100

apparently the front panel stopped being responsive for me. IT works in most situations but before during the Haret boot, the keys would light up when I put my finger on it. Now they don't do that and it stops me from getting past the lock screen.

wondering if anyone else has this problem

Nakebod

Jul 26, 2008
Nijmegen
So far, it works great, but am I right if the device is slower with WIFI enabled?

WIFI works, sound works, haven't tested accelerometer yet, will check it soon :)

Edit: Tested accelerometer, it works.

If you have an accelerometer/orientation based application that doesn't work, please report.
I have tested "Flyer", and "Tilt Lander", they both work, although not very smooth as mentioned already.
The program "Accelerometer" however doesn't seem to read anything.

Oh, and Android 2.0 "Eclair" SDK is available!
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html / http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.0.html

Last edited:

Zänker

Mar 7, 2006
I've uploaded a new version of phh and I build which corrects the sound in android. Thanks to babijoee for this contribution.

The link is still http://www.cobaltcode.com/fileupload/data/Android/AllInOne/android-donut_diam-raph-27-10-09.7z

PS : hehehe page 500 !
Music playback now works. However, if I use my bluetooth headset, the music still stutters very much. I would really like to be able to use my diamond with android as a media player. Hope you can fix this! Anyway, you are making great progress.

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
Music playback now works. However, if I use my bluetooth headset, the music still stutters very much. I would really like to be able to use my diamond with android as a media player. Hope you can fix this! Anyway, you are making great progress.
cr2 already tried a lot, and got no luck yet. Anyway that's the next thing i want to do, until i get my data connection back.

Willis111

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 7, 2008
Ontario
MrPippy, newest zimage gets me to the android splash screen but then reboots. I've tried w/my old data.img and removing the one created repeatedly. Same default.txt that I was using to boot your last kernel.

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
MrPippy, newest zimage gets me to the android splash screen but then reboots. I've tried w/my old data.img and removing the one created repeatedly. Same default.txt that I was using to boot your last kernel.
Can you try my (posted by leobaillard) latest release please ?
I tried to activate what's necessary for CDMA, don't know if this will be enough.

gordonnorth

Nov 8, 2008
Hi There!

Amazing what you have done so far. Have periodically tested builds, and the last one surely is the best.

Wonder if anyone has the same symptom I have:
Wifi seems to work (Google Maps and Browser work) but I cannot log in to my Google account. Is this impossible from Wifi? (cannot imagine...)

details: DIAM 100

other observations:
Wifi works, Accelerometer works, battery still drains fast, enabling GPS does NOT freeze the phone

keep up the good work!

boas

Jun 10, 2009
Offer

Since I love this project soo much, and since I'm in the process of making an old laptop to some usage.. I could give some special people that upload stuff an offer.

I have a very fast uplink and that to say, a lot of bandwidth to no usage. If some of you want me to, I could set up an FTP for you to upload to, that people will be able to download from directly (this will remove the annoying slow hosts)

Contact me if this is interesting. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jaellis

Sep 26, 2007
DIAM 400

OK so this works for the Verizon Diamond DIAM400 at least the 09-09-09 build I am testing out the latest build tonight I'll let you know of the progress. Thanks guys for your hard work.

Startup.txt for DIAM400
Code:
set RAMSIZE 0x08000000
Set ramaddr 0x10000000
set MTYPE 2040
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
#
# The following kernel parameters are useful
# ppp.username - The username used to connect to the network when dialing #777
# ppp.password - The password used to connect to the network when dialing #777
# msm_sdcc.msmsdcc_fmax - The maximum frequency (in Hz) used by the SD controller
# pm.sleep_mode - The mode used when the phone is off
# 0=Power Collapse Suspend, 1=Power Collapse, 2=Apps Sleep,
# 3=Slow Clock and Wait for Interrupt 4=Wait for Interrupt
# Default is 3, use 0 for best power savings
# board-htcvogue.panel_type - Panel type used to power the panel off and on
# 0=Don't power off the panel (Default)
# 1=Hitachi 2=Topoly 3=Samsung
# mddi.width - width of the scaled display
# mddi.height - height of the scaled display (these should be multiples of 16 for the camera to work I think)
set cmdline "msmts_calib=0x81.0x393.0x358.0x7D msmvkeyb_toggle=off mddi.width=320 mddi.height=480 lcd.density=240 ppp.apn=sprint ppp.username=username ppp.password=password no_console_suspend"
#set cmdline "no_console_suspend"
# fbcon=rotate:1
# console=ttyMSM0"
Boot
\init.android

over_limit

Jan 18, 2007
MAIA
i have this message;

failed to find rootfs.img on sd card. you need to unzip a rootfs zip file to the root of your sd card.
can´t acess tty; job control turned off

:mad::(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't understand, why haret could not use the framebuffer !? because i can change the framebuffer on my own hand

Code:
     pfh VRAM 480*1 0x0099

and the first line is blue
    Android 2.0 squashfs reporting - DIAM300:
    *- Bluetooth not working.
    *- WiFi not working.
    *- Telephone not working. (No signal)
    *- System is much slow.
    *- Buttons not recognized (apart the upper button) and mapped differently than other builds.
    I packed the actual XDAndroid release with the actual Kernel, rootfs and initrd preconfigured for diamond and including the cab of GEN.Y Dualboot to send it to a friend to run it out of the box, no big work, but I thought I could share it with you too.

Here: http://depositfiles.com/files/eo9pdi8yk

This is no work by me

GEN.Y Dualboot is made by yozgatg
    XDAndroid is made by the XDAndroid team

please support their work

best regards