Red Light blink after charge? And battery connecting and disconnecting

Search This thread

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
I have a problem (yeah, i get out of the camera problem and enter another) I always leave my phone charging in the nigh, yesterday, I unplug the phone as usual, and I saw that the red led indicator was blinking, and i see the battery Icon it was changing, like it was connecting and disconnecting the charger. The problem stops, but when I charge the phone, it comes back for a while, sometimes a Second, sometimes a minute. I try 2 charger and still the problem, with usb too, I factory reset and still. Any advice?

A fear another hardware problem because I am outside of USA. I was using a charger with less Am from the original because my usb cable was damage. BUt today I found a samsung cable and use the original Charger and still the problem. I see that the original charger has 1A, and the other I was using is 700mA.

EDIT: After watching the problem, I can say this.
First, the phone has a problem that the charge cant get 100%, when reach 92%, , Its Jump to 100%.

Second and worst problem, is that the phone present the red blinking light and show like disconnecting and connecting the charge when I put the phone to charge long period of time, or reach por tan 90%. And is not the usb port, because i disconnect the ac adapter first, and still the problem.And even if the phone is off, it show the problem.

So, i read about calibrate the battery, so, i did, the first time, i drain completly the battery, and charge until get the green light. I power up the phone, and still the same, 92% and the phone showing that is connecting and disconnecting.

Today i try again, but more time, i connect the phone at 8:30 AM, and disconnectit at 2 pm (I take a nap at 11 am so xD thats why I disconnect it at 2 pm) I Turn on the phone, and the first problem was solved, the battery was 99%. BUT the problem of disconnecting and connecting is still there, its stops when the phone goes to 96%, always stop after the battery drain about 3%-5% dont know why. I dont have more Ideas, and right now, I cant send it to HTC. Any idea? :/

Last edited:

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
So, thats normal? Even if the battery Icon says connecting and disconnecting, even when i turn it off? I really fear something bad, today the problem is not present. But i fear charge my phone overnight now

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
Yes, I try another cable, the weird thing is that I disconnect the charge from the wall (no the part from myphone) and show the problem, so not sure if is the port or something, I'm using again the original charger base, and a usb cable that a friend gave to me. Today the problem isnt back, but I fear chargirng overnight or something, because not sure if the problem will be back or not. Or using my stock base for charge the phone fix it :/

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Yes, I try another cable, the weird thing is that I disconnect the charge from the wall (no the part from myphone) and show the problem, so not sure if is the port or something, I'm using again the original charger base, and a usb cable that a friend gave to me. Today the problem isnt back, but I fear chargirng overnight or something, because not sure if the problem will be back or not. Or using my stock base for charge the phone fix it :/

stock charger base is probably the best one to use

Reactions: lorddavid

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
the base is more important Than the cable right? I mean,a bad base can damage my phone and a bad quality cable not? I will watch this week if the problem is gone, I hope that was the problem and nothing worse. If happen again i will ask here again if someone have an idea or the same problem.

THanks for your time :)

Edit: problem back, this time i watch how the problem present. It seem that the problem comes when I want to charge the phone full.

It was 92%, and the next second, was 100% and green light. I disconnect, and show again 92% and start blinking. I connect again and start chargin, but again, 100%, green light and when i disconnect it was 94%. Is weird. Dont know how to fix, I hope is software, any idea?

I will try to calibrate battery, so, i must discharge to 0% right? I must turn off the fastboot option? (I have in spanish, is "Inicio Rapido", I think that is for never shut down completly the phone), then charge to 100% off right?

Last edited:

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
Somebody any Idea? :( I discharge my phone, then charge until it get the green light, and the problem persist :(

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
Guys, still the problem, if someone know any tool to check hardware can tell me the name? I dont have any Idea of what can I do with my problem. :/ sorry for double post but I cant found any solution yet

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
Hi again, if someone can help, I still have the problem, but after the third charge cicle (I discharge completly and charge again 4th times now) The problem is less worse, I mean, before, the problem only stop when a 3% of battery was drain, even if I restart the phone. Now, if I restart the phone, the problem stops inmediatly. So, I dont know if dischargin and chargin again will be good, because I read that can damage the phone.

Any Idea? :/ I cant send it to warranty :( so i dont know what to do

Again the problem persist after a restart. DOnt know why but only happen in a charge more than 90%

Last edited:

leandroch

Nov 21, 2012
I'm problem charging.

My HTC ONE only charges powered off.

Look the video of the problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6NSCccjWkE

I tried the trick of the light (Hold VOL UP + Vol Down + Power button + sensor for front light) fixed, but the problem came up again, and now anything I do it back.

It seems a problem with OTG.

My car charger has an LED indication when the load is connected in the car.
When I connect the HTC, and disconnect the car, the charger light is lit.

The HTC instead of receiving cargo load is sending.

Not meeting solution

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
I'm problem charging.

I tried the trick of the light (Hold VOL UP + Vol Down + Power button + sensor for front light) fixed, but the problem came up again, and now anything I do it back.

Not meeting solution

I will try, I'm waiting official kitkat to see if that fix, dont know if doing a clean RUU is better than a factory restore. I cant send towarranty right now :(

I dont understand the video (and sorry, it was along time and i wasnt able to read here.) Can you explain me better? My problem is still there. I want to try the video, but dont know what they do exactly. I have official 4.3 from ATT

PD: I think that my problem is overcharging o something like that. I already calibrate the battery 5 times, but, for example, right now, it waslike 80%, show the problems. I try what theydo in the video, but,never understand.And I have an idea about connecting like that (while off) And th ephone say 90%!!!!, so, maybe the problem is for that? :( Any idea? I dont understhand the video because is not too clear

Last edited:

leandroch

Nov 21, 2012
I will try, I'm waiting official kitkat to see if that fix, dont know if doing a clean RUU is better than a factory restore. I cant send towarranty right now :(

I dont understand the video (and sorry, it was along time and i wasnt able to read here.) Can you explain me better? My problem is still there. I want to try the video, but dont know what they do exactly. I have official 4.3 from ATT

PD: I think that my problem is overcharging o something like that. I already calibrate the battery 5 times, but, for example, right now, it waslike 80%, show the problems. I try what theydo in the video, but,never understand.And I have an idea about connecting like that (while off) And th ephone say 90%!!!!, so, maybe the problem is for that? :( Any idea? I dont understhand the video because is not too clear

The video I made is to present the problem.

The charger only goes up to 93%. No matter what time I leave plugged into the charger.

Have managed to solve the holding (VOL Down + Power) buttons and pointing the light sensor to strong light (light bulb). Hold for 15 seconds.
Solved, but the problem returned after 1 week

My ROM CUSTOM is ViperOne KitKat.

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008

The charger only goes up to 93%. No matter what time I leave plugged into the charger.

Have managed to solve the holding (VOL Down + Power) buttons and pointing the light sensor to strong light (light bulb). Hold for 15 seconds.

The part of the sensor is what I dont understand. I have that problem too that only charge up to 94% then jum to 100%. I solve it completly dischargin the phone and charging for about 3 hours. the problem solve after the third time :/ but the other one still there

leandroch

Nov 21, 2012
Last edited:

leandroch

Nov 21, 2012
O, so, I must do that while th ephone is off? a lot of light in the sensor and press vol down and power for 15 second. I will try it tonight because right now I dont have tha charger with me.

on or off, there is no rule.

I did with my connected. But this process does not work anymore.

A strong light, work pointing sensors for light PC Monitor

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
on or off, there is no rule.

I did with my connected. But this process does not work anymore.

A strong light, work pointing sensors for light PC Monitor

And, what exactly do this process? My problem is that light blinking when i discconnect my phone, it like connecting and disconnecting, but stops after drain baout 5%. So, i think is something about software or th ebattery is receiving a mistake info about the charging level.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

stock charger base is probably the best one to use
    I'm problem charging.

Not meeting solution

The part of the sensor is what I dont understand. I have that problem too that only charge up to 94% then jum to 100%. I solve it completly dischargin the phone and charging for about 3 hours. the problem solve after the third time :/ but the other one still there

Look image tutorial.

http://s3.postimg.org/fv4oermmb/Solution_HTC_Wont_Charger.jpg