Where to get Sim unlock for cheap

Search This thread

littlegreenalien

Nov 21, 2013
What website you guys recommend to get my gs3 i747 unlock for under $10?
Cellunlocker wants $29.99 .to expensive.

Sent from my XT1034 using xda app-developers app

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
What ROM are you running? If you're on 4.1.1, you can unlock it for free using the free method posted on XDA.

spasch

didnt work i have to be on 4.1.1 . and it says i can brick device if try to downgrade

I did mine a long time ago. After reading quite a bit you may be right for the time being. The best I have found without a risk of a brick is this:

There is a lot of confusion about unlocking in this thread and elsewhere. Your S3 can still be unlocked after the 4.3 update, just keep in mind that most threads either have inaccurate information or miss essential steps.

Unlock codes and procedures often change or play musical chairs in major software updates. Prior to the problematic 4.3 update you could unlock your S3 with the cited procedure in this thread. This is a permanent unlock and would survive firmware changes. This only applies to touchwiz ROMs e.g. North American factory ROMs or custom ROMs that preserve the dialer codes. This unlocking procedure is also distinct from the carrier specific unlock codes or commercial unlockers who either have access to the official database or have figured out the key algorithm.

If your phone has not taken the 4.3 update yet:
Install the 4.1.1 stock touchwiz ROM and use this procedure to unlock. You can then revert back to your favourite firmware version after your phone has been unlocked.

Dial the following code on the phone keypad: *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF
After choosing this option, wait 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select back
Now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALIZE

You should see a message that says
SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[0]
SHA256_OFF => Not Change

Choose [1] SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG
Wait 30 seconds, then press Menu > Back. Do not use the back key, choose back from the menu popup.
You should now see a message that says
MENU NOT EXIST
PRESS BACK KEY
Current Command is 118640 (if you don't see this message.. skip to alternate step below)

Note that the exact Command number may vary.. don't worry about that.
Wait another 30 seconds, then press Menu > Back. Do not use the back key, choose back from the menu popup

You should see a message that PERSO_NV_INIT is processing, then PERSO_NV_INIT is SUCCESSFUL
Now return to the SHA256 menu and turn Perso SHA256 back on
Back our of all menus and enjoy your unlocked S3

Alternate step. If you didn't receive the MENU NOT EXIST message, then use the back option in the menu popup until you see a menu what includes [6] Common.
Click on [6] Common and choose [6] NV REBUILD
You should now see a message that says:
Golden-Backup exist
You can Restore Cal/NV

Choose [4] Restore Backup
Your phone may freeze or change screens briefly, then should reboot
If you run into errors, look at this link for advice on how to proceed: How to unlock.. (techbeasts.com)

Enjoy your unlocked S3

If you have the 4.3 update:
Now you know that updates are evil or at least mess up your plans.
The unlock procedures have changed somewhat now and it seems that there are now several alternate procedures depending on your carrier.

Gambit #1
If you tried the above and got half way to find that menu item [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALIZE was missing, then try the following. Note that menu item [4] may also be missing if your phone is already unlocked. So you might want to try a SIM from another carrier to confirm whether your phone really needs to be unlocked.

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF
After choosing this option, wait 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select back
Now you are in [6] Network Lock and presumably you now find that there is no [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALIZE menu item

If so, then press Menu > Back. Do not use the back key, choose back from the menu popup.
Now this is the step that most threads miss, tap on SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG.
This item may look like a message rather than a menu choice i.e. may not be enumerated. Tap it anyway
Now you may see one of several things.

If it appears that you are back to the starting menu, choose [1} UMTS again and follow the original steps and you should find that the missing menu item is now present, although it may be labeled NW Lock NV Data INITIALIZE or NV REBUILD. Or you may find yourself on a page that already has the initialize or rebuild option.
In either case, choose INTIALIZE or REBUILD, followed by the remaining steps as originally described.
If you get a message asking you to reboot your phone to finish, then do that instead of the remaining steps.

I'd recommend that after you are done that you return to the service menu again and ensure that SHA256 was re-enabled. The SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG should = 1 (not 0). If the flag status is 0, then choose the Perso SHA256 ON option.

Enjoy your unlocked S3

Gambit #2
If the above does is still missing key menu items on your phone, then try this alternate dialer code:
*#27663368378#

And then proceed as before.

However, if you encounter the following message:
Golden-Backup exist

Then follow the procedure in this link instead: How to unlock.. (techbeasts.com)
Enjoy your unlocked S3

Gambit #3
If you still have a stubborn phone, try the following dialer code
*#0011#
This will look like an informational screen with no menu choices.
Don't fear, the menu you want is just hidden. Continue with the steps in this link: How to unlock.. (unlockfaq.com)
Enjoy your unlocked S3

Oh no.. that didn't work either!
If all else fails, contact your provider and tell them that you will be traveling in elsewhere e.g. Europe and need to have your phone unlocked. Most carriers will provide you with a network (carrier) unlock code in this situation. Typically without charge, but it will vary by carrier. Or you can avail yourself of a commercial unlocking service. Google will find a googol [sic] of them for you.

Note that you need to insert a valid, non-blacklisted SIM from another carrier to be prompted to enter a network unlock code. It need not be active, just not blocked i.e. reported as lost /stolen. If you have any difficulties entering the code, have a look at this link.

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

littlegreenalien

Nov 21, 2013
I did mine a long time ago. After reading quite a bit you may be right for the time being. The best I have found without a risk of a brick is this:

There is a lot of confusion about unlocking in this thread and elsewhere. Your S3 can still be unlocked after the 4.3 update, just keep in mind that most threads either have inaccurate information or miss essential steps.

Unlock codes and procedures often change or play musical chairs in major software updates. Prior to the problematic 4.3 update you could unlock your S3 with the cited procedure in this thread. This is a permanent unlock and would survive firmware changes. This only applies to touchwiz ROMs e.g. North American factory ROMs or custom ROMs that preserve the dialer codes. This unlocking procedure is also distinct from the carrier specific unlock codes or commercial unlockers who either have access to the official database or have figured out the key algorithm.

Install the 4.1.1 stock touchwiz ROM and use this procedure to unlock. You can then revert back to your favourite firmware version after your phone has been unlocked.

SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[0]
SHA256_OFF => Not Change

Wait 30 seconds, then press Menu > Back. Do not use the back key, choose back from the menu popup.
MENU NOT EXIST
PRESS BACK KEY
Current Command is 118640 (if you don't see this message.. skip to alternate step below)

Wait another 30 seconds, then press Menu > Back. Do not use the back key, choose back from the menu popup

You should see a message that PERSO_NV_INIT is processing, then PERSO_NV_INIT is SUCCESSFUL

Alternate step. If you didn't receive the MENU NOT EXIST message, then use the back option in the menu popup until you see a menu what includes [6] Common.
Golden-Backup exist
You can Restore Cal/NV

If you run into errors, look at this link for advice on how to proceed: How to unlock.. (techbeasts.com)

Enjoy your unlocked S3

The unlock procedures have changed somewhat now and it seems that there are now several alternate procedures depending on your carrier.

Gambit #1
If you tried the above and got half way to find that menu item [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALIZE was missing, then try the following. Note that menu item [4] may also be missing if your phone is already unlocked. So you might want to try a SIM from another carrier to confirm whether your phone really needs to be unlocked.

Now you are in [6] Network Lock and presumably you now find that there is no [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALIZE menu item

If so, then press Menu > Back. Do not use the back key, choose back from the menu popup.
This item may look like a message rather than a menu choice i.e. may not be enumerated. Tap it anyway

If it appears that you are back to the starting menu, choose [1} UMTS again and follow the original steps and you should find that the missing menu item is now present, although it may be labeled NW Lock NV Data INITIALIZE or NV REBUILD. Or you may find yourself on a page that already has the initialize or rebuild option.
In either case, choose INTIALIZE or REBUILD, followed by the remaining steps as originally described.
If you get a message asking you to reboot your phone to finish, then do that instead of the remaining steps.

I'd recommend that after you are done that you return to the service menu again and ensure that SHA256 was re-enabled. The SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG should = 1 (not 0). If the flag status is 0, then choose the Perso SHA256 ON option.

Enjoy your unlocked S3

Gambit #2
If the above does is still missing key menu items on your phone, then try this alternate dialer code:
*#27663368378#

Golden-Backup exist

Then follow the procedure in this link instead: How to unlock.. (techbeasts.com)
Enjoy your unlocked S3

Gambit #3
*#0011#
Don't fear, the menu you want is just hidden. Continue with the steps in this link: How to unlock.. (unlockfaq.com)
Enjoy your unlocked S3

If all else fails, contact your provider and tell them that you will be traveling in elsewhere e.g. Europe and need to have your phone unlocked. Most carriers will provide you with a network (carrier) unlock code in this situation. Typically without charge, but it will vary by carrier. Or you can avail yourself of a commercial unlocking service. Google will find a googol [sic] of them for you.

Note that you need to insert a valid, non-blacklisted SIM from another carrier to be prompted to enter a network unlock code. It need not be active, just not blocked i.e. reported as lost /stolen. If you have any difficulties entering the code, have a look at this link.

Good luck

Thank you,Tried all those and non work :( i found this site where they charge me $6 hopefully its true

littlegreenalien

Nov 21, 2013
My cousin has been with them for 2 years and they didn't want to give us code. talk to 4 different agents. Shes switching to tmobile anyway i had to pay $30 to unlock it. the other sire we order for $5.99 didnt work. they never send code

Sent from my XT1034 using xda app-developers app

blu422

Jun 12, 2012
Bountiful, UT
I know the bootloader is locked in 4.3 but is the modem? maybe you could downgrade to the 4.1.1 modem and then unlock and reflash your 4.3?

blu422

Jun 12, 2012
Bountiful, UT
I didn't know this. I saw several posts from XDA members that were on 4.3 and wanted to unlock their phone for free. If they can just flash the modem, unlock, and reflash the modem, that would be pretty simple.

indeed we just need a brave user to try it risking his phone's life. or someone more knowledgeable than me that already knows the answer.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
indeed we just need a brave user to try it risking his phone's life. or someone more knowledgeable than me that already knows the answer.

Do you know anyone that has actually gone through the process of unlocking by installing the 4.1.1 modem?

I saw a post about someone doing this with a 4.1.2 rom but not a 4.3 ROM.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
nope i just thought it might be possible

In another thread, an XDA member had a stock 4.1.1 ROM (modem too) running on a 4.3 bootloader and the required menu options for unlocking the phone were not present which leads me to conclude that you need to be completely stock 4.1.1, including the bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    didnt work i have to be on 4.1.1 . and it says i can brick device if try to downgrade

SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[0]
    SHA256_OFF => Not Change

MENU NOT EXIST
    PRESS BACK KEY

Golden-Backup exist
    You can Restore Cal/NV

Enjoy your unlocked S3

Gambit #1

Enjoy your unlocked S3

Gambit #2
    *#27663368378#

Golden-Backup exist

Enjoy your unlocked S3

Gambit #3
    *#0011#
    Enjoy your unlocked S3

Good luck