[Q] Where can I find a bootable CWM 6.0.4.7 image?

Search This thread

Sardonic95

Nov 22, 2011
Jacksonville
I

Ok, I've been modding Nook Colors and Nook HDs with y'alls awesome help for several years but I'm finally stumped.

I am used to flashing a CWM image to an SD Card then flashing CWM, CM and gapps from the SD card to emmc (after wiping data/factory reset).

However, I do not seem to be able to find a CWM image for the Nook Color (Nook HD, yes. Nook Color, no).

So, I did a dirty flash of "cwm-6.0.4.7-Jan31-encore-signed" and re-booted and all was well. Then I flashed "cm-11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-encore" and "gapps-kk-20140105-signed" and re-booted. All is wonderful...except I get "Unfortunately, Trebuchet has stopped".

I re-booted a couple of times, let the Nook Color bake a few hours, and re-booted a few more times to no avail.

Searching threads I see a comment that Trebuchet does not play nice with Nook Color and KitKat.

So, I have no launcher and can't get to the Play Store (or any apps). Also, Windows Explorer on my W7 computer doesn't see my Nook Color but when I open a command prompt I see the Nook Color when running 'adb devices'.

Next I thought to go to the nightlies and I flashed "cm-11-20140308-NIGHTLY-encore" with fingers-crossed this issue had been addressed. But still Trebuchet has stopped.

Everything I've read said I need to use the cwm-6.0.4.x, to flash KitKat but all I have are 3.2.x.x encore images. So, I can get back to CM 10.x.x and repeat the process again, but I think I need to do a wipe data/factory reset. However, if I do, won't that blow away cwm-6.0.4.7 I have on emmc resulting in me being unable to flash CM and gapps from my SD card?

I guess my question is can I 'wipe data/factory reset' from cwm on emmc and still flash CM and gapps from an external SD Card? It doesn't seem logical to me as the factory reset will wipe my cwm on emmc, correct?

Or, is there a link to a zipped .img file I can flash to a SD Card?

jzsidebott

Apr 23, 2011
Ok, I've been modding Nook Colors and Nook HDs with y'alls awesome help for several years but I'm finally stumped.

I am used to flashing a CWM image to an SD Card then flashing CWM, CM and gapps from the SD card to emmc (after wiping data/factory reset).

However, I do not seem to be able to find a CWM image for the Nook Color (Nook HD, yes. Nook Color, no).

So, I did a dirty flash of "cwm-6.0.4.7-Jan31-encore-signed" and re-booted and all was well. Then I flashed "cm-11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-encore" and "gapps-kk-20140105-signed" and re-booted. All is wonderful...except I get "Unfortunately, Trebuchet has stopped".

I re-booted a couple of times, let the Nook Color bake a few hours, and re-booted a few more times to no avail.

Searching threads I see a comment that Trebuchet does not play nice with Nook Color and KitKat.

So, I have no launcher and can't get to the Play Store (or any apps). Also, Windows Explorer on my W7 computer doesn't see my Nook Color but when I open a command prompt I see the Nook Color when running 'adb devices'.

Next I thought to go to the nightlies and I flashed "cm-11-20140308-NIGHTLY-encore" with fingers-crossed this issue had been addressed. But still Trebuchet has stopped.

Everything I've read said I need to use the cwm-6.0.4.x, to flash KitKat but all I have are 3.2.x.x encore images. So, I can get back to CM 10.x.x and repeat the process again, but I think I need to do a wipe data/factory reset. However, if I do, won't that blow away cwm-6.0.4.7 I have on emmc resulting in me being unable to flash CM and gapps from my SD card?

I guess my question is can I 'wipe data/factory reset' from cwm on emmc and still flash CM and gapps from an external SD Card? It doesn't seem logical to me as the factory reset will wipe my cwm on emmc, correct?

No, if cwm is flashed to the emmc partition, then doing a factory reset will not erase the recovery. From my experience, i had to install cm 10.2 then reflash cm 11 nightly.. I did a bad flash with the wrong GAPPS package and that was the only way to get rid of the botched install.

So i recommend
1.) download cm 10.1 or cm 10.2
2.) wipe factory/data reset
3.) install cm 10.1 or cm 10.2
4.) wipe again
5.) install cm 11 nightly

Reactions: Sardonic95

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, if cwm is flashed to the emmc partition, then doing a factory reset will not erase the recovery. From my experience, i had to install cm 10.2 then reflash cm 11 nightly.. I did a bad flash with the wrong GAPPS package and that was the only way to get rid of the botched install.

So i recommend
    1.) download cm 10.1 or cm 10.2
    2.) wipe factory/data reset
    3.) install cm 10.1 or cm 10.2
    4.) wipe again
    5.) install cm 11 nightly