[Q] How do we install a custom recovery now that we are running stock 4.4.2 (rooted)?

Search This thread

GeorgeNav

Feb 10, 2011
Seabrook
KK and custom recoveries are not compatible just yet. At least for the ATT versions, you have to go back to a previous JB version, root, and then add KK. But custom recovery is lost in that process.

That is where we stand at the moment. At least for ATT.

There is a method in the T-Mobile subforum that will give you what you want. You will have to revert to 4.2.2 first

Thanks for the information. I want to wait then if I have to go through all that. I wonder when they will come out with a compatible custom recovery

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
With at&t the only way to have custom recovery with kit Kat is to go down to 10d(First version of 4.2.2 on it) root and then install Gary's modified kit Kat which is a mix and match of 10d and 20c which will be the same thing that will be with other models just have to wait for a)kernel source(each model has a different kernel so they have to be built with the specific kernel for it) and b)for someone to build the Rom(yes many can do it but it's better if they phone model to test on)
Edit:here is thread for you to get it in d801
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2673736
Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited: