MTK 6572 USB Mass Storage device Not Working

Search This thread

lazer88

Mar 29, 2014
Hello everyone. i have Problem with my 5C MTK 6572 when i conect USB cable to PC there is NO USB mass storage (on/off) pop up on the phone.The phone is charging when is conect to PC, but no USB mass storage device. I reset the phone 3 times, without any success. My phone is rooted. Also i try USB Mass Storage Enabler from Google play,but it dosen help. Just checked that USB debugging is Not working too.I try to change the settings from phone settings.Thanks in advance for your Help:)

PS: Here is more info about the Phone - android 4.2.2 kernel version 3.4.5

Last edited:

Sakthivel_Subbiah

Jan 9, 2014
boomi
Hello everyone. i have Problem with my 5C MTK 6572 when i conect USB cable to PC there is NO USB mass storage (on/off) pop up on the phone.The phone is charging when is conect to PC, but no USB mass storage device. I reset the phone 3 times, without any success. My phone is rooted. Also i try USB Mass Storage Enabler from Google play,but it dosen help. Just checked that USB debugging is Not working too.I try to change the settings from phone settings.Thanks in advance for your Help:)

PS: Here is more info about the Phone - (sanstar72_wet_jb3) android 4.2.2 kernel version 3.4.5 Android version 4.2.2; eng.sz_server.1379834431; SDK17 KERNEL: Linux version 3.4.5 (sz_server@server) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP

do yo have CWM ?

Reactions: lazer88

Sakthivel_Subbiah

Jan 9, 2014
boomi
If you don't have cwm boot into stock recovery
And wipe cache partition and wipe factory data

Sent from my Micromax A74 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lazer88

Mar 29, 2014

Just to be sure that i understand you correct. i dont have option in settings to boot in stock recovery ( only have Reset all setings). So i use Mobileuncle Tools app from store There is option "Into Recovery Mode" (reboot into recovery mode) Shoud i use that optrion ??
PS: Can i use Rom Manager or Root Browser to do that?
Many Thanks

Last edited:

lazer88

Mar 29, 2014

Hi, i finaly manage to boot into stock recovery and wipe cache partition and wipe factory data using Rom Manager. But that dosent Help. Still have same issue the phone only charging when is connect to USB to PC. No mass storage device pop up and No USB debugging.
Please Help me

Sakthivel_Subbiah

Jan 9, 2014
boomi
Just to be sure that i understand you correct. i dont have option in settings to boot in stock recovery ( only have Reset all setings). So i use Mobileuncle Tools app from store There is option "Into Recovery Mode" (reboot into recovery mode) Shoud i use that optrion ??
Many Thanks

if there is cwm for your device then install cwm via mobile uncle tools and reboot into recovery and flash your stock rom

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Hi, i finaly manage to boot into stock recovery and wipe cache partition and wipe factory data using Rom Manager. But that dosent Help. Still have same issue the phone only charging when is connect to USB to PC. No mass storage device pop up and No USB debugging.
Please Help me

did you turn on usb debugging in developer options ???

lazer88

Mar 29, 2014
if there is cwm for your device then install cwm via mobile uncle tools and reboot into recovery and flash your stock rom

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Yes, i try almost every option usb debugging on/off, restart,recovery mode but Nothing help so far.

lazer88

Mar 29, 2014
PS: Strange thing is that, the last days when USB mass storage/usb debuggings was still working: when i connect the USB cable the pop up USB message start to pop up ON/OFF many times without i do anything.May be the USB cable is broken. i think i find what is the Problem, The USB cable its like Iphone 5 pin USB. I just open it and find that one of the four cable was little damaged, the other three are fine .Maybe thats why the Phone charge.Maybe The damaged one is for data.To charge the phone with usb you need only voltage cables right? If data cable is broken( little damaged) you cant get usb data right? Maybe thats why when UMS was still working its just turn on/off many times without any reason and thats why USB debugging Not working too,because of the Data cable in USB. When i get new cable and will post results.:good:

Please someone tell me that my theory is True

Last edited:

Sakthivel_Subbiah

Jan 9, 2014
boomi
PS: Strange thing is that, the last days when USB mass storage/usb debuggings was still working: when i connect the USB cable the pop up USB message start to pop up ON/OFF many times without i do anything.May be the USB cable is broken. i think i find what is the Problem, The USB cable its like Iphone 5 pin USB. I just open it and find that one of the four cable was little damaged, the other three are fine .Maybe thats why the Phone charge.Maybe The damaged one is for data.To charge the phone with usb you need only voltage cables right? If data cable is broken( little damaged) you cant get usb data right? Maybe thats why when UMS was still working its just turn on/off many times without any reason and thats why USB debugging Not working too,because of the Data cable in USB. When i get new cable and will post results.:good:

Please someone tell me that my theory is True

ya true only... atlast you found the problem, solve it..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PS: Here is more info about the Phone - (sanstar72_wet_jb3) android 4.2.2 kernel version 3.4.5 Android version 4.2.2; eng.sz_server.1379834431; SDK17 KERNEL: Linux version 3.4.5 (sz_server@server) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP

do yo have CWM ?

Many Thanks

Please Help me