rooting dilemma Kingoapp safety

Search This thread

loveubuntu

Nov 25, 2010
Rooted my MJE build with Kingoapp but then trying to upgrade to the leaked KitKat I made a mistake and got a soft brick. So reverted back to MJE stock and then started reading all the safety concerns on Kingoapp (not being open sourced, sending your IMEI to foreign servers, etc)

Tried root de la vega about ten times but each time resulted in a error in ODIN and a sot brick bringing me back to stock MJE. Are the issues with Kingoapp still exist? any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

saddog5523

Jun 2, 2011
Jonesboro, AR
Rooted my MJE build with Kingoapp but then trying to upgrade to the leaked KitKat I made a mistake and got a soft brick. So reverted back to MJE stock and then started reading all the safety concerns on Kingoapp (not being open sourced, sending your IMEI to foreign servers, etc)

Tried root de la vega about ten times but each time resulted in a error in ODIN and a sot brick bringing me back to stock MJE. Are the issues with Kingoapp still exist? any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I believe that whole deal with Kingo has been somewhat solved. Many people have used it, including me. The only other solution is vroot, which installs a couple Chinese applications on your phone. You have to use an older version of Kingo for it to work though, for some reason the newer versions aren't working for most. Search for a download of 1.1.6 (I believe that is the version that was working).

Reactions: loveubuntu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I believe that whole deal with Kingo has been somewhat solved. Many people have used it, including me. The only other solution is vroot, which installs a couple Chinese applications on your phone. You have to use an older version of Kingo for it to work though, for some reason the newer versions aren't working for most. Search for a download of 1.1.6 (I believe that is the version that was working).