Speaker's cracks.

Search This thread

fredmc2020

Oct 28, 2009
Tough Luck

I sent mine in to have the cracks repaired. The rep told me I'd get my original back. 10 days later I received the return, but it was in fact a DIFFERENT touchpad than what I had sent in. They included a paper statement that read something along the lines of they could not repair it for one of many possible reasons. Not only that, but the F'ing thing wouldn't even charge or power on!

After a quick troubleshooting session online they are sending me ANOTHER return box/label. Hopefully in 10 days I will have better news.

...For the record, I'm betting they send me a 16gb by mistake, instead of a 32gb. You heard it here first.

fredmc2020

Oct 28, 2009
After a quick troubleshooting session online they are sending me ANOTHER return box/label. Hopefully in 10 days I will have better news.

...For the record, I'm betting they send me a 16gb by mistake, instead of a 32gb. You heard it here first.

ok I was wrong. I got the same broken touchpad back! go HP....

webran61

Sep 19, 2011
I just wrapped up a support chat session with the lovely "Brayden." My Touchpad is still in warranty even though I bought one of the refurb ones from the second firesale on eBay. After serial and product numbers Brayden informed me I will be receiving a box within 3 days to mail my Touchpad to them. They will "address" the cracks and send me a repaired Touchpad to my door upon completion.

I did not ask if I would be getting the same Touchpad back though, I should have. I don't really care one way or the other though. I just want one with no cracks, and will use a sturdier case next time.

webran61

Sep 19, 2011
So I thought I would follow up just for anyone browsing this thread contemplating sending their TP in for crack repair.

I just got mine back yesterday evening. It was wrapped in more than enough plastic. To my surprise there are no more cracks! It looks as if they replaced the entire back cover with a new one. In truth I can't tell if this is the same TP or not, but I don't care. It's flawless and it works.

Now I just have to put ICS back on it and get a better case.

fredmc2020

Oct 28, 2009
So I thought I would follow up just for anyone browsing this thread contemplating sending their TP in for crack repair.

I just got mine back yesterday evening. It was wrapped in more than enough plastic. To my surprise there are no more cracks! It looks as if they replaced the entire back cover with a new one. In truth I can't tell if this is the same TP or not, but I don't care. It's flawless and it works.

You're lucky dude.. I sent mine in for "repair" 4 times, every time getting the same exact TP that won't charge or turn on. then finally got an "advance replacement". Only problem is the "advance replacement" has bright/dark blotches down the entire left side of the screen.

They are sending me another one. What a Nightmare- it's been over a month and a half!

I have customer service on speed dial. It's really kinda sad.

Reactions: navarde

fredmc2020

Oct 28, 2009
Finally got a working TP back from HP today. It has taken nearly 2 months to get the problems fixed which started with speaker cracks... I highly recommend sending a note in with the TP to let the repair center know what you need to have done/what to look for.

icemasta31

Jan 12, 2011
I highly recommend sending a note in with the TP to let the repair center know what you need to have done/what to look for.

That's exactly what I did from the beginning yet I had to send the TP back twice. Had speaker cracks and a loose back and got a TP refurb unit that instead had seperation with the back cover and display and a piece of plastic sticking out. On the second attempt I finally got a perfect unit. Luckily HP turnaround was only a couple days.

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
That's exactly what I did from the beginning yet I had to send the TP back twice. Had speaker cracks and a loose back and got a TP refurb unit that instead had seperation with the back cover and display and a piece of plastic sticking out. On the second attempt I finally got a perfect unit. Luckily HP turnaround was only a couple days.

come on. sending back for cracked speakers and loose back? i had a loose back since i got it and my speaker cracked 2 weeks ago. i paid $100 and im not gunna be up their a$$ for it..

Reactions: zippyijk

icemasta31

Jan 12, 2011
come on. sending back for cracked speakers and loose back? i had a loose back since i got it and my speaker cracked 2 weeks ago. i paid $100 and im not gunna be up their a$$ for it..

I'd rather get my unit fixed now when HP has parts then later on if it got any worse only to find out I'm out of luck because they don't have parts to do so.

I babied my unit so these issues should not have happened and as we can see on countless of threads it is a defect in the TP's design. Just because you don't want to take advantage of your warranty is not my problem.

Last edited:

fredmc2020

Oct 28, 2009
Finally got a working TP back from HP today. It has taken nearly 2 months to get the problems fixed which started with speaker cracks... I highly recommend sending a note in with the TP to let the repair center know what you need to have done/what to look for.

I take it back... There is no sound coming from the speakers. Time to send it back yet again. :mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I received my touchpad about 30min ago.

It is just beautiful. Looks brand new. AND I got my original back, not a refurb.

You're lucky dude.. I sent mine in for "repair" 4 times, every time getting the same exact TP that won't charge or turn on. then finally got an "advance replacement". Only problem is the "advance replacement" has bright/dark blotches down the entire left side of the screen.

They are sending me another one. What a Nightmare- it's been over a month and a half!

I have customer service on speed dial. It's really kinda sad.