Post problems with your BRAVO here!

Search This thread

geton

Nov 10, 2011
Hola, agradezco mucho sus respuestas pero quiero estar seguro de algo, yo ahora tengo instalado la rom de fabrica de Motorola bravo att con android 2.2.1 y como ya dije me gusta su lanzador, ahora mi pregunta, puedo probar las roms que hay y si no gustan volver a la rom de fabrica.
Si decido probar alguna rom, cual me recomiendan, lo que pido es que tenga idioma español, funcione la camara, wifi, 3G(que mantenga las bandas de fabrica) y el bluetooth.
Creo que eso es todo.
Saludos

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
Hola, agradezco mucho sus respuestas pero quiero estar seguro de algo, yo ahora tengo instalado la rom de fabrica de Motorola bravo att con android 2.2.1 y como ya dije me gusta su lanzador, ahora mi pregunta, puedo probar las roms que hay y si no gustan volver a la rom de fabrica.
Si decido probar alguna rom, cual me recomiendan, lo que pido es que tenga idioma español, funcione la camara, wifi, 3G(que mantenga las bandas de fabrica) y el bluetooth.
Creo que eso es todo.
Saludos

Try to use google translator next time please, even if you post in spanish!

Trata de usar el traductor de google por lo menos, aunque postees en español tambien.

Voy a crear un thread Solo en español.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1655306

Ahi voy a responder tus preguntas!

Last edited:
Reactions: deftonesforever

shihni

May 15, 2012
Sorry in advance for the wall of text.

Rooted - BravoX RC2 - Telus network (unlocked, Canada)
Using a wall charger from Moto, car charger is a noname I bought for $2.

I had two instances of the following problem - the first time it resolved itself after a day for no apparent reason. The second time, not so much.

The phone isn't recognizing being plugged in - will not charge.

If the phone is OFF when I plug it in, it turns itself on.
If I turn the phone off when its plugged in, the LED turns white and eventually it'll turn itself on randomly.
In both cases, it eventually dies due to low battery.

I have tried...
- Pulling the battery and sim card.
- Trying a new battery and wall charger (for the Defy)
- Trying different wall outlets, my car charger, my desktop (not recognized)

I assumed the problem was the USB port being corroded: part of it looks discoloured.

Anyway, I had ignored the phone for the last month: it's been sitting on the floor by the charger unplugged. Yesterday, I called around a bit to see about getting a new port soldered on and played around with the bravo while on the phone - pulling the battery, replacing it, etc. I plugged it in when I was done.

For some reason, I unplugged it before going to bed, hit the power button and stuffed it into my purse. I don't know why. But the alarm clock on the phone woke me up this morning. Since it was at 75%, I turned it off and plugged it in.

It didn't turn itself back on, and now its at 100% battery.

Because of the cost I was quoted for repair, I had wrote the phone off yesterday and started pricing out a new one. But now its fine? WTF.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Or have seen it do something like this before?

Thanks.

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
Sorry in advance for the wall of text.

Rooted - BravoX RC2 - Telus network (unlocked, Canada)
Using a wall charger from Moto, car charger is a noname I bought for $2.

I had two instances of the following problem - the first time it resolved itself after a day for no apparent reason. The second time, not so much.

The phone isn't recognizing being plugged in - will not charge.

If the phone is OFF when I plug it in, it turns itself on.
If I turn the phone off when its plugged in, the LED turns white and eventually it'll turn itself on randomly.
In both cases, it eventually dies due to low battery.

I have tried...
- Pulling the battery and sim card.
- Trying a new battery and wall charger (for the Defy)
- Trying different wall outlets, my car charger, my desktop (not recognized)

I assumed the problem was the USB port being corroded: part of it looks discoloured.

Anyway, I had ignored the phone for the last month: it's been sitting on the floor by the charger unplugged. Yesterday, I called around a bit to see about getting a new port soldered on and played around with the bravo while on the phone - pulling the battery, replacing it, etc. I plugged it in when I was done.

For some reason, I unplugged it before going to bed, hit the power button and stuffed it into my purse. I don't know why. But the alarm clock on the phone woke me up this morning. Since it was at 75%, I turned it off and plugged it in.

It didn't turn itself back on, and now its at 100% battery.

Because of the cost I was quoted for repair, I had wrote the phone off yesterday and started pricing out a new one. But now its fine? WTF.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Or have seen it do something like this before?

Thanks.

wow, for not english speakers users its diffivult to read all this :D

Are you having a problem with the hardware of the phone? With the charging part?

Ok, thanks

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

josuearisty,
Does not exist thread in Spanish.
No existe el hilo en español.

Its not allowed to create thread or post in spanish, following xda rules.

No es permitido hacer threads en español segun las reglas de XDA.

Vamos a entendernos como sea posible.

stereoactivo

Dec 27, 2011
Hi! I was trying to install CM9, from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1595898

I installed CWM, downloaded the filed, checked MD5, installed CM9 and Google Apps.

When I rebooted the phone, it started in stock 2.2, not in CM9, and now, I'm stuck, because market shows a server error, and I can't install non-market apps, GMail and Browser crashes

I tried to SBF to 2.2.1, but RSD lite doesn't work.
Also used sueproneclick to allow non market apps, but doesn't work, and really need help.

Stock recovery shows that "can't open cache/recovery/command" and "can't open cache/recovery/caller"

Thanks

EDIT: Rooted the phone, I can install now non-market apps, but, I need to install a recovery, to flash another rom. Does anybody knows a recovery apk that I can use?

I Tried this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1593005, but when I try to install, a parse error occurs.

I bought this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1047292 but I can't install without play store...

Last edited:

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Hi! I was trying to install CM9, from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1595898

I installed CWM, downloaded the filed, checked MD5, installed CM9 and Google Apps.

When I rebooted the phone, it started in stock 2.2, not in CM9, and now, I'm stuck, because market shows a server error, and I can't install non-market apps, GMail and Browser crashes

I tried to SBF to 2.2.1, but RSD lite doesn't work.
Also used sueproneclick to allow non market apps, but doesn't work, and really need help.

Stock recovery shows that "can't open cache/recovery/command" and "can't open cache/recovery/caller"

Thanks

EDIT: Rooted the phone, I can install now non-market apps, but, I need to install a recovery, to flash another rom. Does anybody knows a recovery apk that I can use?

I Tried this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1593005, but when I try to install, a parse error occurs.

I bought this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1047292 but I can't install without play store...

You need to install Defy-Sndinit before installing Touch Recovery. There is a link for it in the next thread down. BandroidX Bootstrap is obsolete now. That's why you're getting recovery errors as well.

If you have to flash sbf and RSD won't work then use a Linux live CD and sbf_flash. sbf_flash always works.

I'll post better instructions and links when I get to my PC.

Reactions: stereoactivo

stereoactivo

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks! A more detailed explanation will be very useful. Now the phone is in a bootloop :(

Enviado desde mi Slider SL101 usando Tapatalk 2

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Thanks! A more detailed explanation will be very useful. Now the phone is in a bootloop :(

Do a Wipe Data\Factory Reset. (May have to do 2 or 3 times)

Boot up phone holding Volume-Down+Power (It may be Volume Up+Power, been a while since I actually had to do it from stock recovery)

When Yellow Triangle with Green Android appears on screen press Volume Up+Volume Down

Select Wipe Data\Factory Reset

Reboot

Gonna write a better tut for linux\sbf_flash\2nd-Init, just giving fix for stock bootloop. If that doesn't work, you'll have to flash the sbf and start from scratch.

stereoactivo

Dec 27, 2011
Hi, I already did it at least 10 times, but with no luck, still in bootloop :(

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Even after flashing the sbf? The worst I ever had to do was flash sbf and wipe data 3 times in a row to fix the phone.

Post with basic Linux\sbf_flash tutorial Only requirements are a blank cd and a usb stick.

I've uploaded sbf_flash as an attachment, just remove the .txt extension before using it.

Also try flashing the fixed sbf (on Quarx2k.ru or My Rom Mirror in my signature) since it only flashes the bootloader\kernel\locked files that roms don't change.

Once you get it working, only use Defy-2ndInit to install recovery, then install Touch Recovery afterwords. Defy-2ndInit is a requirement of Touch Recovery. Touch WILL NOT WORK unless Defy-2ndInit is installed first.

Link to 2ndInit Thread's First Post Download and use the very last Attachment, version 2.3.

Attachments

• sbf_flash.txt
    52.4 KB · Views: 64

stereoactivo

Dec 27, 2011
Even after flashing the sbf? The worst I ever had to do was flash sbf and wipe data 3 times in a row to fix the phone.

Post with basic Linux\sbf_flash tutorial Only requirements are a blank cd and a usb stick.

I've uploaded sbf_flash as an attachment, just remove the .txt extension before using it.

Also try flashing the fixed sbf (on Quarx2k.ru or My Rom Mirror in my signature) since it only flashes the bootloader\kernel\locked files that roms don't change.

Once you get it working, only use Defy-2ndInit to install recovery, then install Touch Recovery afterwords. Defy-2ndInit is a requirement of Touch Recovery. Touch WILL NOT WORK unless Defy-2ndInit is installed first.

Link to 2ndInit Thread's First Post Download and use the very last Attachment, version 2.3.

Hi, the phone isn't charging... Any idea?
If I connect to charger, a battery with a "?"inside, shows and I can't do nothing, after that, phones shut down.

I can't enter to recovery because it stays in recovery for a small time and after that, the phone shows the battery icon

Last edited:

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Hi, the phone isn't charging... Any idea?
If I connect to charger, a battery with a "?"inside, shows and I can't do nothing, after that, phones shut down.

I can't enter to recovery because it stays in recovery for a small time and after that, the phone shows the battery icon

Its either a dead battery or a bad battery. Sounds like bad battery from my last 10 minutes of research in the subject.

FOR DEAD BATTERY

Once your battery gets too low and your system isn't installed properly the battery WON'T charge at all. The only options are spending $40 on an OEM Motorola Factory USB Cable or making a Macgyver Battery Cable.

Once either are hooked up you'll be able to flash the sbf and get back to normal. I did a similar hack back in December except I used some speaker wire and a charged battery from my old Razr V3. Worked good enough to flash the sbf.....

FOR BAD BATTERY

Buy a new one, or get it on 5 finger discount, ya know, for three fitty free. Seriously though, if you have access to another battery try it and see if you're able to flash\enter recovery with it.

If you do have a bad battery, the Macgyver cable will allow you to fully use the phone as long as the cable is hooked up. Crappy solution, but its good enough to get back to stock and send it in for warranty, which I doubt you have.

Last edited:
Reactions: stereoactivo

stereoactivo

Dec 27, 2011
Its either a dead battery or a bad battery. Sounds like bad battery from my last 10 minutes of research in the subject.

FOR DEAD BATTERY

Once your battery gets too low and your system isn't installed properly the battery WON'T charge at all. The only options are spending $40 on an OEM Motorola Factory USB Cable or making a Macgyver Battery Cable.

Once either are hooked up you'll be able to flash the sbf and get back to normal. I did a similar hack back in December except I used some speaker wire and a charged battery from my old Razr V3. Worked good enough to flash the sbf.....

FOR BAD BATTERY

Buy a new one, or get it on 5 finger discount, ya know, for three fitty free. Seriously though, if you have access to another battery try it and see if you're able to flash\enter recovery with it.

If you do have a bad battery, the Macgyver cable will allow you to fully use the phone as long as the cable is hooked up. Crappy solution, but its good enough to get back to stock and send it in for warranty, which I doubt you have.

Thanks again for your advice... I tried to connect the phone to my computer using a USB cable, but with this cable, the phone didn't turn on... So I bought a battery charger to charge the battery alone. I will have to ... wait for the battery. I Will post again when I have some updates...

The battery damage is related with all the things that I did to the phone? Or just coincidence?

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Thanks again for your advice... I tried to connect the phone to my computer using a USB cable, but with this cable, the phone didn't turn on... So I bought a battery charger to charge the battery alone. I will have to ... wait for the battery. I Will post again when I have some updates...

The battery damage is related with all the things that I did to the phone? Or just coincidence?

Probably just coincidence. I've accidentally flashed Defy bootloaders, soft-bricked with bad tweaks, 100's of sbf flashes (at least 100 by now), and have put my Bravo through hell and haven't had any battery issues except for the one time I let it drain (didn't realize it since I couldn't get it to boot) and tried to flash -- lesson strongly learned there. I had to Macgyver boot my phone with a damaged Razr V3 battery (the only cell phone battery I had that would take a charge).

At the time I lived about 12 miles from the nearest town, roads were iced over, and I woke up with 2 flat tires on the truck with only 1 spare. I needed a phone badly so I did what ever I could to get it to boot. That was the last time I went to bed w\o fixing my phone.

ccdsatt

Sep 8, 2011
Kingston
just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else:
you plug your phone to the wall changer and when you press the power button periodically you notice that the percentage keeps going down; its been 3hours and its gone from 82% to 42% while im streaming from iHeartRadio
edit: nothings wrong, a reboot fixed it, just wondering if it happened to anyone else

Last edited:

avr-Illithian

Jan 30, 2012
Wifi issues

Running a CM7 nightly build (the April 10th version) I am having serious issues with wifi. Neither of the wifi networks at my houses are working properly. Connection is being established successfully but following the initial connection, I have less than a minute of actual connection, and then it drops. The wifi icon stays lit, indicating I am still connected to the network, but I have no connectivity on any apps. If I'm in the middle of an update, for example, it just stops, and it won't resume.

I can reset this problem by turning wifi on and off, but the exact same problem arises within a minute. Interestingly, the wifi at a nearby starbucks seemed to be working fine - but both of the networks I am having issues with ran very well on stock android. I don't know what is causing this problem but it is rather troublesome. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

While I'm at it, when I update to the newest CM7 nightly build, do I need to do a complete wipe or can I simply install it on top of the current build? Thank you very much!

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Running a CM7 nightly build (the April 10th version) I am having serious issues with wifi. Neither of the wifi networks at my houses are working properly. Connection is being established successfully but following the initial connection, I have less than a minute of actual connection, and then it drops. The wifi icon stays lit, indicating I am still connected to the network, but I have no connectivity on any apps. If I'm in the middle of an update, for example, it just stops, and it won't resume.

I can reset this problem by turning wifi on and off, but the exact same problem arises within a minute. Interestingly, the wifi at a nearby starbucks seemed to be working fine - but both of the networks I am having issues with ran very well on stock android. I don't know what is causing this problem but it is rather troublesome. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

While I'm at it, when I update to the newest CM7 nightly build, do I need to do a complete wipe or can I simply install it on top of the current build? Thank you very much!

I'd just update. I didn't have any problems with wifi on the 05\06 build of CM7.

Unless you really need flash and camera, the latest CM9 runs great. The camera sometimes crashes randomly, a reboot fixes. I've used it as my primary rom up until last night actually and highly recommend it.

As far as wiping data and updating is concerned, I've always wiped data in-between rom installs, well, always since the second or third rom flash where I didn't and bad things occured. The problem is that newer system apps still have old data that can be incompatible with the updated system apps. You can try, but it'll probably be glitchy.

What you can do to back up your user apps (not the user data, passwords, etc) by using the following adb commands; Linux users change "C:\app\" to "~/app/" without the apostrophes "".
  1. adb pull /data/app/ C:\app\
  2. Then enable adb in the boot, before first boot.
  3. adb remount
  4. adb push C:\app\ /data/app/
  5. adb shell chmod -R 0644 /data/app/

You can also save the apps to your sdcard instead of your computer by changing "pull" to "cp" and "C:\app" to "/mnt/sdcard/app" for both commands. This is the method I do to back up apps in between flashes (to my pc). I lose configuration data, but that's also where the glitches come from.;)

You can also back up app data by pulling /data/data/, but its not recommend since you need to also delete all system app data from that pull -- system app data & dalvik cache & system cache are the main reasons you need to wipe data between flashes.

The biggest problem we face is that user installed apps and system installed apps share the same folder for storing data. Where it should be something like /data/data/user/ for user apps and /data/data/system/ for system apps, instead its all clusterf**ked into /data/data/. Hope this helps.

@ccdsatt -- not since I ran stock Froyo. Although I had a similar issue running wifi and streaming pandora, playing snes roms, using a ps3 contorller over bt, overclocked to 1200mhz, on an older Defy CM7 Epsy port, all at the same time. Battery still drained even though I was plugged into the charger.:D Found out that the Bravo doesn't like everything running that can be all at once, but it did run smooth...

Last edited:

bwscott

Apr 5, 2012
Does anyone know how to get defy settings to work on CM9 5/26?

Sent from my MB520 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hola amigo me mucho gusto que puedan entender mi idioma que es el español ya que habemos muchos latinoamericanos x este foro : D

bueno al grano mi primera preguntas soy novato en esto del flash tengo mi motorola bravo con 2.2 y me gustaria tener la rom del cocinero Quarx CyanogenMod 7 para Motorola Bravo mi gran pregunta cuales son los paso para que yo pueda instalar esta rom en mi motorola bravo me puedes dar algun link para poder rootera mi bravo y yo pueda meter estar rom

saludos y espero su respuesta y su ayuda xq estamo para ayudarno gracias

Bueno, dejame escribirte los pasos para instalar CM7 estando en Froyo!
    Well, let me tell you the steps to follow to install CM7 if you are on Froyo!

1) root (rootear)
    SuperOneClick

nota: recuerda Activar instalar apps fuera del market (Allow non market apps)

Reboot (Reinicia)

2) install recovery (instalar el recovery)
    Install app Defy 2nd init:
    2ndInit Recovery Installer v2.0

2ndInit Defy: is not in the market anymore (ya no esta en el market)

3) Download CM7 (descargar CM7)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1445839

1- copy zip to sdcard (copiar el zip a la memoria)
    2- reboot your device in Bootmenu (recovery clockworkmod) (reinicia el telefono en Bootmenu)
    3- WIPE (wipe data/factory and wipe cache partition) (haz wipe)
    4- install the zip from sdcard (instala el zip desde la memoria)
    5- reboot (reinicia)
    6- ENJOY!!

I'm going to make a little guide later for newbies!!
    Thread created to post any kind of problems with your phone!

We are here to help us each other! Feel free to do it! :):):)

Hablamos Español! :p
    ok amigo ni hablar tendre que conformarme con la pantalla de mi motorola ..;) y muchas gracias por su ayuda otra vez ..usted sabe que paso con el proyecto de Quarx siempre si obtuvo su bravo en sus manos ....:)

El esta a punto de recibirlo, he estado hablando con aleeyt, me dice que lo compro y que a lo mejor mañana o pasado se lo envia.

El proyecto continuara despues que el lo consiga.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Quarx is about getting the phone, aleeyt alredy bought it and he is testing it, later this week he will send it to quarx.

The project CM7 for Bravo will follow after he gets it.
    Hola amigo josuearisty tu conoses algun emulador java para el motorola bravo ya que quiere meterles juegos para no aburrirme me puede echar la mano con es amigo muchas gracias de antemano saludos ...:)

mmm en el market hay muchos, he usado de super nintendo
    https://market.android.com/details?id=ca.halsafar.snesdroid
    y nintendo
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.johnemulators.johnneslite, no se bien como funcionara uno de nintendo 64.

Solo tienes que buscar roms por ahi en google!!

Suerte!

PD: Por cierto ya hiciste tu aportacion, nesecitamos unos 10 dolares solamente para completar lo del Bravo para Quarx, si puedes ayudar, danos la mano aunque sea con 5! ;) :D