[Q] Stuck HTC without Blinkfeed

Search This thread

edtrud

Mar 20, 2013
I accidently froze/disabled HTC blinkfeed and now my phone will not load a Launcher. Can I flash the htc blinkfeed apk in recovery to fix this? I have a HTC Desire 816 running kitkat 4.4.2 and sense 6.0 (Stock)

Thanks

vbrsekhar

Nov 25, 2008
Wellington
My phone was stuck on the HTC boot logo screen so no I can't

You have two options now. Assuming your phone is rooted and you can access CWM recovery.

Installing Zeam Launcher via Custom Recovery.

1. Download the Zeam Launcher (file attached - probably very old version but doesnt matter, you need some launcher to get you out of bootscreen)
2. Put it on your sd-card
3. Go to cwm recovery
4. Flash that zip
5. Reboot the system - it should work now.
6. Either update the launcher or install whatever launcher you like until you found the blinkfeed launcher for your device.

OR

Installing the HTC Blinkfeed Launcher apk or any latest Launcher via adb push method.

1. Download the HTC Blinkfeed or any other launcher apk (like ADW launcher etc) of your interest from internet
2. Go to fastboot mode
3. Connect your phone to the computer
4. Once your phone is recognized - Goto adb folder (you would have used it when you rooted your mobile)
5. Open command prompt from that location (Shift + mouse rightclick) and type the following commands

adb remount
adb push HTC BlinkFeed-com.htc.launcher-658011553-v6.1.779245.apk /system/app
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/HTC BlinkFeed-com.htc.launcher-658011553-v6.1.779245.apk
adb reboot

6. Unplug the phone from computer and try restarting it. It should work like a charm.

You can indeed change the file name of the launcher to something shorter and use the same if you find it difficult to type the long names.

Dont forget to hit thanks, if the above tutorial helps to bring your phone back to life.

All the best.

Attachments

• Zeam.zip
    434.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My phone was stuck on the HTC boot logo screen so no I can't

You have two options now. Assuming your phone is rooted and you can access CWM recovery.

Installing Zeam Launcher via Custom Recovery.

1. Download the Zeam Launcher (file attached - probably very old version but doesnt matter, you need some launcher to get you out of bootscreen)
    2. Put it on your sd-card
    3. Go to cwm recovery
    4. Flash that zip
    5. Reboot the system - it should work now.
    6. Either update the launcher or install whatever launcher you like until you found the blinkfeed launcher for your device.

OR

Installing the HTC Blinkfeed Launcher apk or any latest Launcher via adb push method.

1. Download the HTC Blinkfeed or any other launcher apk (like ADW launcher etc) of your interest from internet
    2. Go to fastboot mode
    3. Connect your phone to the computer
    4. Once your phone is recognized - Goto adb folder (you would have used it when you rooted your mobile)
    5. Open command prompt from that location (Shift + mouse rightclick) and type the following commands

adb remount
    adb push HTC BlinkFeed-com.htc.launcher-658011553-v6.1.779245.apk /system/app
    adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/HTC BlinkFeed-com.htc.launcher-658011553-v6.1.779245.apk
    adb reboot

6. Unplug the phone from computer and try restarting it. It should work like a charm.

You can indeed change the file name of the launcher to something shorter and use the same if you find it difficult to type the long names.

Dont forget to hit thanks, if the above tutorial helps to bring your phone back to life.

All the best.