Windows driver for USB tethering.

Search This thread

william58

Mar 31, 2011
Tacoma
www.moskovita-photography.com
What driver do I need to download for windows so I can do USB tethering? I downloaded the Dell driver so I can USB m streak as USB storage but can't get it working for USB tethering.

Dell Streak powered by StreakDroid 1.7.0

I see you asked this on the Dell forum too... with no responses, just like here.

Something is obviously wrong with the Dell Streak 5 as the other 6 phones is a (see my sig) I had no issue using them as a modem for my laptops via PdaNet. I need to know if I can use it as a modem for the Streak, are there any limitations with 1.6... and where to get the dang driver since the one from PdaNet won't work.

It seems to be impossible on the at&t model.

I have so far tried pdanet (usb driver error), barnacle legacy (can upload but not download), android-wifi-tether (apparently incompatible with 1.6), android wired tether (1.6), and one more that I dont recall the name of, which simply crashed.

Last edited:

bugmenotacc

Mar 26, 2011
A linux distrobution, it's an entire operating system, but you can get an installer that runs off a USB stick, probably too much of a circus if you're going to do it regularily.

cdzo72

PDANET

I would suggest you remove any drivers you have installed from Windows 7.

I was having the same problem and then heard about PDANET.

I couldn't even use fastboot because everytime I connected my Streak, Windows would try to install different drivers.

I read in another forum, pocketables I think, that installing PDANET would solve this.

So I uninstalled all traces of drivers and the Dell Sync also, installed PDANET and voila, no more problems.

So if PDANET isn't working for ya, you have a driver issue or there's something wrong with your Streak

william58

Mar 31, 2011
Tacoma
www.moskovita-photography.com
I would suggest you remove any drivers you have installed from Windows 7.

I was having the same problem and then heard about PDANET.

I couldn't even use fastboot because everytime I connected my Streak, Windows would try to install different drivers.

I read in another forum, pocketables I think, that installing PDANET would solve this.

So I uninstalled all traces of drivers and the Dell Sync also, installed PDANET and voila, no more problems.

So if PDANET isn't working for ya, you have a driver issue or there's something wrong with your Streak
If you would have read my previous post, you would have saw I got it working. ;)

As for uninstalling the drivers and dell sync and using PdaNet drivers... that didn't work for me. Drivers would NOT install. So see my solution in this link:
Getting PdaNet to work on your Streak

Maybe the way you did it worked, but the variables may have been different as I'm running Win7 Ultimate 64 bit which could effect the kind of drivers etc.

Last edited: