Xperia Overlay Ah been closed! needs our help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
That makes sense. If that's really the case, I'm on XDA's side.

Originally I thought doing that was exclusive to their site, which could be for hosting overhead and such.

In all honesty, all it would take is starting a new thread the right way, giving it a little time, then putting in a new application for RD.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
I suppose that he was about to make some money on this rom. He already has the Xperia Play from people for free. XDA takes action about roms only if they are paid or if they include viruses etc.

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
but he needs device for porting it to other devices
why didint they say anything when he made a thread for getting donations from people to get a 2011 xperia device?
well that was something like wasting money that time(giving money for nothing but for sure he was going to release his rom for this device after) but this time it was even better than the first time because he was going to get money for giving the rom 1 month before the release

but any we have to agree with rules even if they are stupid rules

Reactions: Frutak

smokerman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
The problem is, that all of they're firmware can only be obtained for a fee. That is against the rules. If they posted a link to a donate and free version then it would be fine, but everything they linked to is for money. Not OK.

i have to agree with this post..i stated that on a previous post. even the xperia play, he got it from Doomlord donation!!!

they should have 2 versions or make it available with less features to beta testers,cause we all know that 4.1.2 version for xperia play was very buggy...so why pay for that?..and if XDA allows it, what stops me or other to sell their own roms???? i have more than 10000 downloads on my roms always available on dev-host or mediafire..not 1 is on paid servers.. and im not 50% developer as they are..nevertheless is against all rules sell a product here on XDA.. but recognizing that they make an amazing work..and i will sign the petition cause they made an error and i think XDA moderators could warn first to remove that and provide a free version; on consideration for all their work for all xperia 2011,2012 and others for FREE.

I regret to inform you that Mr. @Achotjan! From what I see .. ah gone from XDA-Developres:

http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2482775

How Come In Your Profile Your Account This Off ..
You think that will remain for Xperia Play? :(

maybe he got banned..losing RD title was the less punishement..that is a bit harsh if was xda banning him..my opinion only.

xperia overlay is still active and still you can pay for the rom..i tested right now for ARC/S..so maybe they choose to leave XDA and only keep paid versions of this..what a pitty..what a great work they did and do for xperia devices..:(

Last edited:

yekasangredevago

Aug 10, 2012
Venado Tuerto
i have to agree with this post..i stated that on a previous post. even the xperia play, he got it from Doomlord donation!!!

they should have 2 versions or make it available with less features to beta testers,cause we all know that 4.1.2 version for xperia play was very buggy...so why pay for that?..and if XDA allows it, what stops me or other to sell their own roms???? i have more than 10000 downloads on my roms always available on dev-host or mediafire..not 1 is on paid servers.. and im not 50% developer as they are..nevertheless is against all rules sell a product here on XDA.. but recognizing that they make an amazing work..and i will sign the petition cause they made an error and i think XDA moderators could warn first to remove that and provide a free version; on consideration for all their work for all xperia 2011,2012 and others for FREE.

maybe he got banned..losing RD title was the less punishement..that is a bit harsh if was xda banning him..my opinion only.

xperia overlay is still active and still you can pay for the rom..i tested right now for ARC/S..so maybe they choose to leave XDA and only keep paid versions of this..what a pitty..what a great work they did and do for xperia devices..:(

that was a great answer mate ..
what I'd like to know .. is if @Achotjan .. currently working on our phone (Xperia Play) or if I work only because XDA-closed your thread & they removed the Recognized Developer title. because that would be unfair for us (users) as much as it was for the moderators did it. :(

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
i will sign the petition cause they made an error and i think XDA moderators could warn first to remove that and provide a free version; on consideration for all their work for all xperia 2011,2012 and others for FREE.

We don't know what happened behind the scenes. Maybe he was given the opportunity to correct his mistakes but failed to do so. The result... loss of title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We do not discuss reasons why users have their titles revoked, or reasons why they are banned. Period. Decisions by moderators are not made in haste, and threads like this have no influence on the decisions. Thread closed.

-El Daddy
    The problem is, that all of they're firmware can only be obtained for a fee. That is against the rules. If they posted a link to a donate and free version then it would be fine, but everything they linked to is for money. Not OK.

I regret to inform you that Mr. @Achotjan! From what I see .. ah gone from XDA-Developres:

http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2482775

How Come In Your Profile Your Account This Off ..
    You think that will remain for Xperia Play? :(

Number 8 is about as close as possible to saying IT IS AGAINST THE RULES IF
    They offer an early access version to people who donate $5 on their website. After 1 month, it all becomes free to the public.

They are lucky it was just a title and thread and not a suspension or ban.
    I agree. This is against everything that Android and XDA stand for.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
    But surely there've been Portal Posts promoting paid apps made by members of this place, that XDA does not profit from? Besides, XDA can't possibly sell an Android ROM, right? I'd like to get the full story on this; I don't like the sound of it at all. What the heck happened that could possibly justify their abuse if it isn't your reason?

They do have an area for announcing paid software, but that's the only place it's permitted.
    XDA doesn't sell ROMs directly, just advertising and stuff like that.
    There could be 1000 reasons, but they're really between the dev and XDA. Only one side of the story is given by a blog post and most people aren't going to admit they were wrong and then ask for donations.