[Q] How to root Huawei Honor 3 outdoor

Search This thread

RiKKu28

Sep 1, 2011
I just bought this new Huawei Honor 3 outdoor and it is a fantastic phone, however I don't like the Huawei UI and would like to root. Anyone else has got this phone?

Specs:

4.7" HD 720p display.
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system, with Huawei Emotion UI 1.6.
1.5 GHz quad-core processor.
13 MP rear camera, 1 MP front snapper.
2 GB RAM.
8 GB internal memory.
2230 mAh battery.

Reactions: pierro78

thebestgr

Oct 25, 2009
I just bought this new Huawei Honor 3 outdoor and it is a fantastic phone, however I don't like the Huawei UI and would like to root. Anyone else has got this phone?

Specs:

4.7" HD 720p display.
2 GB RAM.
8 GB internal memory.
2230 mAh battery.

try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2390491 ( at 1st this way http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44465941#post44465941 and if it fails the other two. im pretty sure one out of all will do the job for you as the hardware (soc) + software (4.2.2) is almost the same for the two devices )
gonna try it myself , as i eagerly expect my own honor 3 to arrive any time soon :D huge step from wm 6.5 (even though ive been playing around with my Nexus7 for more than a year now :p )
good luck and we wait for some feedback ;)

Last edited:

RiKKu28

Sep 1, 2011
try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2390491 ( at 1st this way http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44465941#post44465941 and if it fails the other two. im pretty sure one out of all will do the job for you as the hardware (soc) + software (4.2.2) is almost the same for the two devices )
gonna try it myself , as i eagerly expect my own honor 3 to arrive any time soon :D huge step from wm 6.5 (even though ive been playing around with my Nexus7 for more than a year now :p )

Will give it a try thanks :) After playing around with the phone for several hours I can say it is really a beast thats worth the money, haven't tried the waterproof feature yet as it has open ports like the mini usb so I am bit scared to wet the phone on purpose but the IR works like a charm with my ac, need to find a new app though cause the one supplied with the phone is in chinese :s

huge step from my galaxy s i9000 which was running terribly slow

Reactions: pathaniya

thebestgr

Oct 25, 2009
i also bought it from ebay and then discovered that seller " prospectivesalesman " is pandawill.com :p
well i got it yesterday :) mini review : couldnt find the remote control app until now . it works fine and u can guess what chinese words mean by try and error method :p i ll try one by one other IR apps i find , most for HTC ONE or GALAXY S 4 though . i think and hope stock app will be translated to english when update comes. i can confirm waterproof works . just make sure that both 3.5 jack and back cover are well closed - no gaps. micro usb is water resistant so dont worry . then u can blow air in micro usb port so that drops of water come out and u can charge it. screen works with wet fingers confirmed :) design wise , beautiful , great screen , angles and under sunlight with no problems. fast and responsive . camera not perfect but preety good . could detect like 6 heads-persons :p warm colors , terrible digital zoom , and zoom after shoot u loose much detail . its real 13.1 , and good for low light (bsi) , great video (dont zoom while u shoot video or it seems like earthquake ) . led flash bright enough :) . trying to use browser with my H+ 3G data is a pain in the ass ... it seems my phone preferes wi-fi . something about proxy and veryfication errors problems ... anyone can help? i can use 3g with apps like weather update or facebook but not browser ! i ll try more browsers than just stock. a problem can be battery drain as well K3V2E with A9 architecture is hungry :( . im really pleased all in all . as for root http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/HUAWEI_Honor3_HN3-U01.7z try this rom , the old one, u can find it at needrom site if links not allowed. i think its rooted . i flashed the updated that its not rooted , 2 new apps , 360mobilesafe and AirSharing Cast , and new battery icon with % and everything else seems the same . it says Gapps include – No rooted – Multilang BUT no gapps and just english+chinese like original rom. solution for gapps , install latest android market - google play apk , then u can log in your google account , download youtube and gmail . contacts synch is a problem , i restored them using a backup . u can use another app instead of stock that can synch with google. so to sum up

built quality 10/10
design 9/10
camera 8/10
battery 5/10
Display 10/10
sound 10/10 loud and clear. Earphones-speaker[dts!]-mic all perfect
speed 7/10 (some lag on high graphics games)
gps 10/10 fastest iv seen . 16 sat see, 10 in use ,indoors next to a window
Wi-fi receiption is also awesome . I have stable signal without drops where i didnt with other smartphones/netbook/tablet
1658 mb of Ram! Not 2gb :( (but its more than enough)

New great ota update :) i post sc
shpb.jpg

edit: chrome works fine with H+ data. I think firefox and UC Browser dont :( they need wifi
edit 2 : ok Authentication via proxy server was unsuccessful error , solved by deleting "proxy" field on my mobile network - access point settings :) i left it empty instead of 10.10.10.10 it also seems battery improves with every charge

Ps don't use speaker while fully underwater let's say don't listen to music in the sea without earphones

worth the money , it seems more like a 450 dollars phone , not 330 one :D
New OTA Firmware update (third so far :) i confirm better battery , less drain and better sound quality with earphones , more bass)
a waterproof test here at: http://youtu.be/mMnUhIWPlys
1hic.jpg

new update as for 11/26/13 , now im at B118SP01 :
better camera , no more mess with homescreen-launcher and double ,over lapped icons , a tip about waterproof feature
B119 no idea what fixes

Last edited:

dommels

Apr 22, 2008
Groningen
I agree, awesome phone. Latest firmware seems what unstable though. I hope they release android 4.3 or 4.4 soon.

dogmatism

Dec 20, 2006
My network is not being registered. MIUI is still not out. Is there any other custom rom? Or anyway to change country/network which shows CN now.

Limitless83

Dec 14, 2011
Ghent
Got this phone of geekbuying for 254€
Must say it's a great phone.
some things that bothered me so far:
- battery performance (less than a day on average use)
- the remote IR app is completly in chinese
but i can confirm it's waterproof, i took a shower with it :p
just rooted it... and wondering what else i could do to improve the battery?

L.

perljun

Apr 7, 2010
Could someone please extract their ir remote control app and upload it?

I just bought the honor 3 and still have the stock rom (rooted) but I don't have the ir remote control app for some reason

G

GuestD2709

Try Framaroot
Its an apk, just search it on Google. Worked for me when no other tool did!

Sent from my LG-P870 using xda app-developers app

perljun

Apr 7, 2010
thanks for extracting, too bad that it won't install.
It'll run through the installation then stop withe the message "app not installed'" and then stop

RiKKu28

Sep 1, 2011
Hey, my friend bought it, it eaxctly has waterproof, dustproof and shockproof function, very powerful!:good:

After months of usage, I can confirm! never tested its fully waterproof function except in a little bit of rain and its is also scratch proof. Drooped my phone a couple of time, I don't have any covers and still no scratches on the back or on the screen.

Excellent phone. The only thing I don't really like is IR application is in Chinese and there is not English version yet (although I managed to get my tv, surround and ac to work with trail and error).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Specs:

4.7" HD 720p display.
    2 GB RAM.
    8 GB internal memory.
    2230 mAh battery.

i also bought it from ebay and then discovered that seller " prospectivesalesman " is pandawill.com :p
    well i got it yesterday :) mini review : couldnt find the remote control app until now . it works fine and u can guess what chinese words mean by try and error method :p i ll try one by one other IR apps i find , most for HTC ONE or GALAXY S 4 though . i think and hope stock app will be translated to english when update comes. i can confirm waterproof works . just make sure that both 3.5 jack and back cover are well closed - no gaps. micro usb is water resistant so dont worry . then u can blow air in micro usb port so that drops of water come out and u can charge it. screen works with wet fingers confirmed :) design wise , beautiful , great screen , angles and under sunlight with no problems. fast and responsive . camera not perfect but preety good . could detect like 6 heads-persons :p warm colors , terrible digital zoom , and zoom after shoot u loose much detail . its real 13.1 , and good for low light (bsi) , great video (dont zoom while u shoot video or it seems like earthquake ) . led flash bright enough :) . trying to use browser with my H+ 3G data is a pain in the ass ... it seems my phone preferes wi-fi . something about proxy and veryfication errors problems ... anyone can help? i can use 3g with apps like weather update or facebook but not browser ! i ll try more browsers than just stock. a problem can be battery drain as well K3V2E with A9 architecture is hungry :( . im really pleased all in all . as for root http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/HUAWEI_Honor3_HN3-U01.7z try this rom , the old one, u can find it at needrom site if links not allowed. i think its rooted . i flashed the updated that its not rooted , 2 new apps , 360mobilesafe and AirSharing Cast , and new battery icon with % and everything else seems the same . it says Gapps include – No rooted – Multilang BUT no gapps and just english+chinese like original rom. solution for gapps , install latest android market - google play apk , then u can log in your google account , download youtube and gmail . contacts synch is a problem , i restored them using a backup . u can use another app instead of stock that can synch with google. so to sum up

built quality 10/10
    design 9/10
    camera 8/10
    battery 5/10
    Display 10/10
    sound 10/10 loud and clear. Earphones-speaker[dts!]-mic all perfect
    speed 7/10 (some lag on high graphics games)
    gps 10/10 fastest iv seen . 16 sat see, 10 in use ,indoors next to a window
    Wi-fi receiption is also awesome . I have stable signal without drops where i didnt with other smartphones/netbook/tablet
    1658 mb of Ram! Not 2gb :( (but its more than enough)

New great ota update :) i post sc
    shpb.jpg

edit: chrome works fine with H+ data. I think firefox and UC Browser dont :( they need wifi
    edit 2 : ok Authentication via proxy server was unsuccessful error , solved by deleting "proxy" field on my mobile network - access point settings :) i left it empty instead of 10.10.10.10 it also seems battery improves with every charge

Ps don't use speaker while fully underwater let's say don't listen to music in the sea without earphones

worth the money , it seems more like a 450 dollars phone , not 330 one :D
    New OTA Firmware update (third so far :) i confirm better battery , less drain and better sound quality with earphones , more bass)
    a waterproof test here at: http://youtu.be/mMnUhIWPlys
    1hic.jpg

new update as for 11/26/13 , now im at B118SP01 :
    better camera , no more mess with homescreen-launcher and double ,over lapped icons , a tip about waterproof feature
    B119 no idea what fixes

Specs:

4.7" HD 720p display.
    2 GB RAM.
    8 GB internal memory.
    2230 mAh battery.

Will give it a try thanks :) After playing around with the phone for several hours I can say it is really a beast thats worth the money, haven't tried the waterproof feature yet as it has open ports like the mini usb so I am bit scared to wet the phone on purpose but the IR works like a charm with my ac, need to find a new app though cause the one supplied with the phone is in chinese :s

huge step from my galaxy s i9000 which was running terribly slow
    I've posted MIUI V5 for this model http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2548164

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app