[Q] No Data after Flashing Custom Rom

Search This thread

thebizerker2014

Feb 24, 2014
Kind of long, but it's just a difficult explanation, please read and try to help me. Thank you.

Okay, so I have a really weird problem, and I can't seem to fix it at all. I unlocked the bootloader and rooted my Sprint Motorola Photon Q, and had no problem with data loss, then I flashed PAC Man Rom, and everything went fine and it flashed but then I noticed that I had no data. No 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE, the phone lost network signal, but what was weird is that I could still receive texts and phone calls.

So, then I read that wiping the Dalvik and the regular cache would fix it, and it didn't. Then, I also tried flashing a different ROM which also didn't fix it. I RSD back to stock firmware and the problem was gone. I even tried rerooting and just installing a different ROM but, it still had the same issue, so I just went back to stock again.

Can someone please help me fix this? I've looked everywhere and I can't really find anything to help me out with this.

Thank you in advance.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Is your provider Sprint as well...?

I'm not sure, data works here on custom ROM's... which version are you flashing? Have you tried CM11?

There's some new device unification going on, the newest KK builds are going to be under the "moto_msm8960" device instead of xt897...

thebizerker2014

Feb 24, 2014
I have Flash Wireless, which is Sprint prepaid. I have tried CM11 and still nothing. I don't understand what is going on....I'm getting real frustrated because I want to put a good custom ROM on my phone....:mad:

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I have Flash Wireless, which is Sprint prepaid. I have tried CM11 and still nothing. I don't understand what is going on....I'm getting real frustrated because I want to put a good custom ROM on my phone....:mad:

Perhaps that's the issue. Did you check your APN settings? Is it using Sprint's network?