Software Update NB4

Search This thread

YrrchSebor

Aug 15, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm on the stock rooted deodexed MJ5 ROM, and I'm seeing this when I check for updates. Anyone else getting this?
aquvesag.jpg

Last edited:

tnerb123

Jul 23, 2010
Fort Myers
Hahahaha that was freakin awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

This just confirms that we WONT be getting an update any time soon to 4.4.

Both Samsung and ATT have some sort of BS going on. Probably something with the additional bloatware not working with 4.4 and is the reason why they have not released 4.4 to the public.

This type of BS may push me over the edge with both Samsung and ATT.

MattPhillips

Nov 13, 2012
New Lenox, IL
Well my phone somehow managed to update itself while in my Otterbox holster. I lost my root. Is it safe to re-root using Kingo again?

Last edited:

adam13141

Jun 15, 2013
Well my phone somehow managed to update itself while on my Otterbox holster. I lost my root. Is it safe to re-root using Kingo again?

The same thing happened to me. This sucks. I guess I should have froze future updates through Titanium Backup. We may be temporarily screwed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

MattPhillips

Nov 13, 2012
New Lenox, IL
Just rerooted using Kingo Root and seems to have worked. It did seem to take longer than I remember last time but i'm rooted again after this mornings update.

I am trying to re-root using Kingo but my phone keeps rebooting as Kingo root program says "waiting for device". I remember there being something special I had to do to get it to root last time. What did you do to root yours again?

lassiterb

Apr 25, 2008
I am trying to re-root using Kingo but my phone keeps rebooting as Kingo root program says "waiting for device". I remember there being something special I had to do to get it to root last time. What did you do to root yours again?

Just made sure the phone had USB Debugging on and put it in MTP mode when plugged into USB. Other than that I just let Kingo do its thing. It did reboot one time during the root process but was re-detected by Kingo after restarting and the process continued. Also got the warning about mtkCamera being potentially unsafe during part of the process but told it to goahead anyway. Using Kingo 1.2.0

Reactions: adam13141

Top Liked Posts