[Q] Screen Repair - Motherboard doesn't fit right

Search This thread
Nov 6, 2009
It looks like I should have done a little more research!

I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 and I dropped it on pavement and cracked a little bit of the corner of my screen. This is where I should have said "okay, the touch screen works, just don't mess with it any more because you know how this ends."

But I didn't... I got replacement glass first and totally screwed up that repair and left the phone in worse shape than it started. Now with the LCD and digitizer it became a slightly more expensive repair but still something I thought I could handle.

So I bought a whole LCD assembly off ebay and installed it with few problems. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 R530 Metro LCD Screen Touch Digitizer Frame. I stripped my phone down, moved all of the parts to the new frame and started to install the motherboard. Then's when my problems begin...

The new frame has a slightly different placement of the motherboard screw and doesn't seem to fit quite right in line with the power button. Everything else is fine and fits just right, it's just that something isn't fitting quite right. Any suggestions?

Also, my home button doesn't work any more (that's the only thing, though, so it's still a vaguely successful repair).

It sounds like I should have done some more research and I would have found that a black frame can't possibly work fully for a Sprint phone because Sprint S3s are unique for whatever reason. I'm just hoping maybe someone has a solution? A part of the frame to file down or other suggestion?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
At this point I would suggest taking it somewhere to be repaired properly. Especially if you are not comfortable with the process.