Back cover came damaged

Search This thread

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
When I received my S5 I noticed that the back cover came damaged. It has a bend on the bottom edge and a pinched edge on the side. I called Verizon and they said all they can do is send me a like new phone. Samsung said that the back cover isn't covered in the warranty and I have to wait till they start selling back covers and purchase one myself. I tried to talk to someone higher up but was told no one was available.
Is there anything else I can do just to get a replacement cover? I don't want to get a like new phone because even though it can't be used for long anything can happen in a short time.
duterepe.jpg
sedegy2y.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

BeefJerky9

Sep 29, 2008
I mean, it's just a $600 phone.
I can deal with it, but it would be nice to have it be right for the amount of money they cost.

Honestly, if it were me, and Verizon just told me to basically go screw myself after having received a damaged phone, I would return it and take my business elsewhere. They clearly don't value you as a customer.

Dennisg34

Jan 30, 2013
New Hampshire
I can deal with it, but it would be nice to have it be right for the amount of money they cost.

Yeah I understand that, but how much will it affect your phone?

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Honestly, if it were me, and Verizon just told me to basically go screw myself after having received a damaged phone, I would return it and take my business elsewhere. They clearly don't value you as a customer.

They did the same thing to me last year with my s4 when I received it and there was some error with the phone itself that had no fix and they were going to send me a refurbished phone and I flipped out so bad saying why should I get a used phone when I paid money for a new one? Using lots of expletive words, and they just basically laugh and smile it off. Price we have to pay for best service

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012

I just switched back to Verizon from Tmobile because verizon is the only one that has good service where I live and all carriers will do the same. They can't get just the cover and they all will give a refurbished instead of new. Samsung themselves pretty much told me to go f myself..

Yeah I understand that, but how much will it affect your phone?

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

They did the same thing to me last year with my s4 when I received it and there was some error with the phone itself that had no fix and they were going to send me a refurbished phone and I flipped out so bad saying why should I get a used phone when I paid money for a new one? Using lots of expletive words, and they just basically laugh and smile it off. Price we have to pay for best service

It doesn't effect the phone and I keep it in a case. It's the principal. Paying that much money you should get a good phone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

haza12d

Nov 14, 2007
Gotham
I don't think so if the phone is defective. Are you within the 14 day return period?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

the258

Dec 12, 2011
McAllen TX
I understand as well that you paid a large amount and expect it to be in great condition but since being pretty much screwed by vzw you have these option
return it and get a new one.
get the like new phone and hope it comes with a cover, keep the cover and send the like new phone back.
buy a phone protector/case. I have the otterbox commuter, covers the phone, protects it well and not big of a case as I imagined.
wait for oem covers or replacement covers pop up on sale.
get the oem samsung cover with the screen flip folio thing.
or trade with some body that wont mind.

goodluck

edit: they have quite a few oem covers on ebay

Last edited:

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
I understand as well that you paid a large amount and expect it to be in great condition but since being pretty much screwed by vzw you have these option
return it and get a new one.
get the like new phone and hope it comes with a cover, keep the cover and send the like new phone back.
buy a phone protector/case. I have the otterbox commuter, covers the phone, protects it well and not big of a case as I imagined.
wait for oem covers or replacement covers pop up on sale.
get the oem samsung cover with the screen flip folio thing.
or trade with some body that wont mind.

goodluck

edit: they have quite a few oem covers on ebay

I was told if I return the phone I have to pay a restocking fee. I'm gonna go down to the store and talk to the person that ordered it for me. See what they say. I have a case on it and I am on the edge program so I do have to worry about selling the phone. If I can't get a replacement back cover, it's not the end of the world. I just think it should be right and it should be a problem getting it replaced.

the258

Dec 12, 2011
McAllen TX
I was told if I return the phone I have to pay a restocking fee. I'm gonna go down to the store and talk to the person that ordered it for me. See what they say. I have a case on it and I am on the edge program so I do have to worry about selling the phone. If I can't get a replacement back cover, it's not the end of the world. I just think it should be right and it should be a problem getting it replaced.

totally agree with you, if I get something brand spanking new it better not be damaged and defects taken care of. I was just supplying some choices you could have gone with.

JamesChilds

Jan 3, 2012
Lakeland
To all of you people saying it is just a battery door, you are aware this phone is water resistant for a short time. If these cracks are large enough to allow water into normally gasketed off areas that completely ruins one of the major selling points of the phone.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

yeah man, that's clear but i meant the ...111.... in ROM version, thats the regional code I think....

regards

Be stern with them. Tell them you know someone can replace it for you and you refuse to get off the phone till someone resolves your issue. Don't be rude, don't be load, don't cuss. Be respectful and explain your situation. Ask if they can help you, and if not to be escalated to whoever can. Just refuse to get off the line politely as you need Verizon to fix its mistake.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

If they get to a point where they say they are the highest escalation, ask to talk to corporate.

JamesChilds

Jan 3, 2012
Lakeland
uploadfromtaptalk1399425079411.jpg

My auto correct made me type this out terribly... But maybe this will help. Facebook/twitter can get stuff done.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Mr. bird

specter07

Nov 30, 2011
San Diego
Ask them to send you a complete refurbished device when it arrives swap the back cover and send the refurbished device back. Problem solved!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
View attachment 2729938

My auto correct made me type this out terribly... But maybe this will help. Facebook/twitter can get stuff done.

They don't want other people seeing crap. That's a good idea going through Facebook. I still haven't had time to stop at the store. Maybe I'll try that. Thanks

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
I just walked out of the Verizon store where I ordered my phone from with a new back cover. I told them what happened, they looked up my account, went in the back and gave me a new cover. Calling verizon and Samsung was a waste of time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

uploadfromtaptalk1399425079411.jpg