no download mode

Search This thread

soniccm

Hy guys i have a G E-975 with korean kit kat from leaked F180K unlocked with freegee and framaroot my phone works perfect boots to recovery normal open and close the same normal my problem is that it doesn't boot to download mode for no reason i installed all the drivers i read all the articles of xda tried many times unistall and reinstall try different computer exactly the same normal boot normal recovery no download mode......please help i want to downgrade to the official but if i can't i will stay to custom for ever..... :p

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Hy guys i have a G E-975 with korean kit kat from leaked F180K unlocked with freegee and framaroot my phone works perfect boots to recovery normal open and close the same normal my problem is that it doesn't boot to download mode for no reason i installed all the drivers i read all the articles of xda tried many times unistall and reinstall try different computer exactly the same normal boot normal recovery no download mode......please help i want to downgrade to the official but if i can't i will stay to custom for ever..... :p
Stupid question, but are you sure you are doing it right? :) To enter download mode, first turn the phone off. Then hold both volume buttons, and plug in the USB cable to your computer. Do NOT press the power button. Is this what you are doing?

Also, are you saying you rooted an F180 KitKat with Framaroot?!?! I find that very hard to believe, as it failed for me, and other people also confirmed that it didn't work...

soniccm

Stupid question, but are you sure you are doing it right? :) To enter download mode, first turn the phone off. Then hold both volume buttons, and plug in the USB cable to your computer. Do NOT press the power button. Is this what you are doing?

Also, are you saying you rooted an F180 KitKat with Framaroot?!?! I find that very hard to believe, as it failed for me, and other people also confirmed that it didn't work...

sorry dude if i was sure that i made ir right that would be a problem... I have try both with power and volumes +,- and without power deeply black screen nothing more less. My lg is not an F180 is an E975 rooted and cwm recovery with leaked kit kat from the korean F180 i wrote it in first post

soniccm

Anybody knows how to boot my E 975 into download mode????
any solution i tried from internet didn't work...please help

today tried and hard reset it nothing happens only 2 sort vibrates and nothing more is a protection of the phone or i bricked it any help???
anybody????

Last edited:

MasterFURQAN

Dec 12, 2013
Srinagar
Xiaomi Poco F1
Google Pixel 5a
The same thing happened to me .. The phone didn't show DOWNLOAD MODE. ... i still flashed the stock kdz by these steps
1.. switch off ur phone
2.. keep the up and down volume buttons pressed and insert the usb cable
3.. open Kdz updater ..
4 .. click read phone information. .and wait for a minute
5.. if it even shows a slight progress seen in the green bar , then you have a go..
Notes
:1.. if the kdz updater even hangs and stops responding while reading ur phone info.. and takes some time.. ur phone is connected in download mode even it shows the slightest progress in the progress bar ( green coloured)
2... if u cant switch off ur phone due to frequent restarts. . just keep the cable connected and the volume buttons pressed while it is restarting

[you can also see ur computer's device mgr for ur phone connection ]

then just flash the Kdz as you do..
I HAVE DONE IT MYSELF several times when my phone didn't show Download mode on the screen.. but cannot guarantee it'll work for you too.. I I'd recommend you to give it a try as it always worked fir me..
BEST IF LUCK

Reactions: tymind1989

worldone98

Jan 4, 2013
raipur
The same thing happened to me .. The phone didn't show DOWNLOAD MODE. ... i still flashed the stock kdz by these steps
1.. switch off ur phone
3.. open Kdz updater ..
5.. if it even shows a slight progress seen in the green bar , then you have a go..
Notes
:1.. if the kdz updater even hangs and stops responding while reading ur phone info.. and takes some time.. ur phone is connected in download mode even it shows the slightest progress in the progress bar ( green coloured)
2... if u cant switch off ur phone due to frequent restarts. . just keep the cable connected and the volume buttons pressed while it is restarting

I HAVE DONE IT MYSELF several times when my phone didn't show Download mode on the screen.. but cannot guarantee it'll work for you too.. I I'd recommend you to give it a try as it always worked fir me..
BEST IF LUCK

please tell me how u flash kdz my which method on which operating system bcoz ican enter into download mode but never got success in flashing kdz please elaborate whole procedure for me i am from india

MasterFURQAN

Dec 12, 2013
Srinagar
Xiaomi Poco F1
Google Pixel 5a
I already elaborated. . jjust. follow the steps.. i also have the e975 indian..
just reply if you have problems with any steps

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

please tell me how u flash kdz my which method on which operating system bcoz ican enter into download mode but never got success in flashing kdz please elaborate whole procedure for me i am from india

i have flashed it on Win 7 x86 and win 8.1 pro x64

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

follow these steps.. :if you have less than 1 gb kdz file
1) Download the latest KDZ from LG's server for your phone via
the app below (kudos to the creator)
http://www.mediafire.com/?cgeb6o5osy2yl9c
2) Make sure you have LG United Drivers already installed,
otherwise download from below
http://www.mediafire.com/?82nt1aeh04aqa3m
3) Download LG KDZ Updater
http://www.mediafire.com/?sj5y073xal03ntw
4) Download the manual adb wipe batch file
http://www.mediafire.com/?ru7erfxsz7p7s3p
5) Put your Optimus G into Download Mode by switching it off,
attaching the usb cable to the phone, holding both the up and
down volume buttons at the same time and lastly inserting the
usb cable into the computer; wait for the drivers to finish
loading if doing it for the first time.
6) Unzip the downloaded updater zip file and run KDZ_FW_
UPD.exe. Use the settings below
Type: 3GQCT
Phone Mode: CS_Emergency
KDZ file: navigate to the folder which you have saved the
downloaded KDZ from the step (1)
Click Launch Software Update and wait for the flash process to
finish
7) Your phone will restart itself when IParam = 90 is displayed
and proceed slower until you see IParam=1 again (which
signals the end of flash, you can safely exit the program then
and remove the cable from the phone). If phone boots up
normally, congrats, skip the steps below and proceed to use the
phone as per normal.
However, this most probably will not be the case for newer
Optimus-es, as the data partition somehow wasn't wiped even
when KDZ-ed, remaining 'dirty', thus causing bootloop or
security infringement.
8) If the phone is stuck at the booting up LG/Telco logo, you
will need to manually wipe the data partition.
9) Force the phone off by holding the power button for appx
15secs.
10) Put the phone into recovery mode by holding the volume up
and home button concurrently, then press the power button. Let
go of all the buttons after you see the LG logo on screen for the
2nd time and the screen goes blank thereafter (backlight may
still be on). The phone will kind of reboot and then enters
recovery mode. Repeat the process if you did not get it the first
time.
11) With the phone in Recovery Mode, connect it to the
computer, wait for the drivers to load (if doing it for the first
time), unzip the wipe batch file downloaded earlier from step (4)
, double click on wipe.bat to execute the wipe command.
12) Your phone will auto reboot when wiped and (hopefully)
boot as per normal.
Hope with this simple guide fellow members will feel safer when
rooting or removing non essential LG wares from their Optimus

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

if you have greater thsn 1 gb kdz file
REQUIREMENTS:
MUST HAVE LG DRIVERS
MSXML
.NET FRAMEWORK INSTALLED
1.DOWNLOAD THE ROM/KDZ
2.DOWNLOAD LATEST LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client...2CAppSetup.exe
INSTALL IT WHEN DONE. CLOSE AND END PROCESS ON
TASKMANGER.
3.DOWNLOAD LG R&D TOOL
http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=X.../Programs/
4.GO TO DOWNLOAD MODE POW+BOTH VOL BUTTON
PRESSED+CONNECT USB
6) Extract FlashTool and run UpTestEX.exe
7) In R&D Test Tool window,
Select Type = 3GQCT (top left hand side)
PhoneMode = DIAG (top right hand side)
Select kdz file = click to select your LG stock rom *.kdz
Click "Normal web upgrade test" (bottom right hand side)
Then another window will pop up, click "Upgrade Start" button
wait a few seconds, another window "Select Country &
Language" pop up,
=> Country=Republic of Korea
=> Language=English
you can click ok to proceed
8) All Done and wait for finish!

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

IMPIRTANT NOTE: DO NOT USE USB 3.0 PORT FOR THIS.. use only usb 2.0 port with a good usb cable as provided with the phone

Last edited:

soniccm

when i hit update button the app crash for both solutions....
I don't understand my phone works fine but i can't boot to download mode or recovery from the start (with button press) i can boot recovery only with rom manager please somebody which is the combinations for LG E975 for download mode and for recovery because i mess my mind with all this models?????

2nd Sky

Jun 15, 2013
My City
flash other bootloader in recovery! (z30d mako bootloader but look at updater script and when needed, delete first lines with device info ****...)

soniccm

flash other bootloader in recovery! (z30d mako bootloader but look at updater script and when needed, delete first lines with device info ****...)

hey budy i'm a noob i don't understand what should be needed to delete and replace with what and where is this script make it clearer if that is possible (i don't want to brick my G just want to go back to stock)

ps. so easy to go to custom so hard to go back to stock

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1.. switch off ur phone
    3.. open Kdz updater ..
    Notes

BEST IF LUCK