[ROM] Clean ROM - Stock UI - RTM 8858 Base - Focus v1.3 - 7.8 Official

Search This thread

yakaaithiri

Jan 26, 2011
Bangalore
1.) CSC's are for if people want certain carrier settings and/or other mods, this is already possible as of 1.20

2.) Most things can be updated via CAB's from Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, CeesHeim, contable-miro, and myself. This ROM is as updatable as any other can be as of 1.20

3.) Already there as of 1.20

4.) I get really good battery life. Maybe someone else can confirm? Did you do a second reset after flashing?

5.) Like HTC's Attentive Phone? I'm not 100% sure but it might work now that the HTC Drivers are built-in as of 1.20.

As for Tango I am just waiting on the release from MS. At which time I will build it into the ROM directly or you could update the phone as well via Zune or CAB sender without reflashing.

hi, i want to add nokia blue and facebook theme from MI7_rom on your rom ? .. can i do it with a CSC file. ?

How to do it. ? can you explain the same. ?

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Maybe I am wrong and please correct me if I am but I was under the impression that you were working on an update to your ROM without flashing... It would be amazing to say the least and I am still going to use your ROM either way but would love to know more about this topic.

Thanks again and I just wanted to make sure you know that I hit thanks for everyone post of yours I see already for this ROM.

As of build 1.20 my rom is updatable via CAB Sender with support for the most common modders. However if you are on a previous version you will need to reflash to the current build.

Unfortunately, attentive phone still does not work. Maybe other supporting files are needed.

BUT, the rest of the ROM is awesome. Looking forward to your Tango version. :D

Do you know of any non HTC ROM's that do support Attentive Phone? If so let me know what one and I'll try to see what my ROM is missing.

hi, i want to add nokia blue and facebook theme from MI7_rom on your rom ? .. can i do it with a CSC file. ?

How to do it. ? can you explain the same. ?

You could ask mirolg for the files and make an update package, instructions can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17306974&postcount=2 then ask me or anyone listed in the supported cab's to sign it for you. Or maybe mirolg already has a package built? Be aware that those themes don't offer 3rd party app support, meaning accents won't work right in non-system apps. Also, CSC is more for carrier brandings/region settings.

Last edited:

yakaaithiri

Jan 26, 2011
Bangalore
voluptuary

hi, my radio software version is 2103.11.8.1 . I came to DFT from 7720 AT&T rom.

What is your radio SW version. ?

Do you think whether this is the reason i am getting lower battery backup ?

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
voluptuary

hi, my radio software version is 2103.11.8.1 . I came to DFT from 7720 AT&T rom.

What is your radio SW version. ?

Do you think whether this is the reason i am getting lower battery backup ?

My radio software version is 2124.11.9.3 - I got this by first flashing the Rogers stock 7004 rom then updating all the way to 8107 via Zune then flashing my rom. It could have something to do with your battery, I'm not sure though.

Last edited:
Reactions: yakaaithiri

yakaaithiri

Jan 26, 2011
Bangalore
My radio software version is 2124.11.9.3 - I got this by first flashing the Rogers stock 7004 rom then updating all the way to 8107 via Zune then flashing my rom. It could have something to do with your battery, I'm not sure though.

i am planning to do that same. I am going to flash rogers rom and then update all the way to 8107 via zune.

but , i read in some threads that, some KK1 or some update combined with 8107 will stop the ability to flash custom roms. Does that hold true for omnia 7 alone or to Focus also. ?

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
i am planning to do that same. I am going to flash rogers rom and then update all the way to 8107 via zune.

but , i read in some threads that, some KK1 or some update combined with 8107 will stop the ability to flash custom roms. Does that hold true for omnia 7 alone or to Focus also. ?

There are no problems with the Focus as far as I know, only the Omnia 7.

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
My phone is stuck at the Samsung sign since three minutes. I'm getting paranoid. Followed all the instructions. What must be wrong???
Do you have a Samsung Focus v1.3? If you are still stuck try removing the battery then restart from the first step again. Did the flashing tool say everything went ok? Did you ever see the screen with the phone and pc and the 'don't disconnect' symbol? If yes did you see the white bar fill up on the top?

goooooood progress, my friend! can you, please, send me your voluptuary cert- to cook in in my mi7ROM too :)
I'll send you a PM.

Last edited:
Reactions: yakaaithiri

yakaaithiri

Jan 26, 2011
Bangalore
Do you have a Samsung Focus v1.3? If you are still stuck try removing the battery then restart from the first step again. Did the flashing toll say everything went ok? Did you ever see the screen with the phone and pc and the 'don't disconnect' symbol? If yes did you see the white bar fill up on the top?

I'll send you a PM.

small question ? A starter question, never mind.

Whats the advantages of adding voluptuary certificate to Mi7Rom. ?

Will we be able to install update packages from voluptuary to Mi7Rom and vice versa. ? Did i understood it correctly. ?

Great going guys. Both of your roms are very tasty and i am very proud to be a owner of Focus.

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
small question ? A starter question, never mind.

Whats the advantages of adding voluptuary certificate to Mi7Rom. ?

Will we be able to install update packages from voluptuary to Mi7Rom and vice versa. ? Did i understood it correctly. ?

Great going guys. Both of your roms are very tasty and i am very proud to be a owner of Focus.

The certificates allows update/mod packages (CABs) to be signed and sent to the phone via CAB Sender. Each developer has their own certificate that they use to sign their packages, if a rom doesn't have the certificate from the developer then those packages can't be sent to that rom. So yes this will allow for any packages I make and sign to be added to mi7ROM's and vice versa since I have mirolg's certificate in my rom also.

Reactions: Seed 2.0

frankmehta

Aug 25, 2008
Mumbai
www.doctorgadget.in
never mind. That took longer than I expected but the phone booted fine and the rom is very fast.ist amazing part about it is the startup time. Love your work man. Can anyone PM me private marketplace please??

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
never mind. That took longer than I expected but the phone booted fine and the rom is very fast.ist amazing part about it is the startup time. Love your work man. Can anyone PM me private marketplace please??

here wAppStore_2.0_New BEST.xap or PrivateMarketPlace_v_13330.xap
- my storage content APPS, mi7ROM´s and files

icon12.gif
miro

lucasryan

Dec 20, 2010
Tennessee
voluptuary, very good job my friend on this new release of your rom!! Very quick, and have to say i think best rom out for the focus!!

Seed 2.0

Oct 26, 2010
OH-IO
Much thanks for your interest and work for the WP7 community!!!

The "Extra Settings" feature is a source of power drain on Samsung Focus 1.3. The reason is the screen adjust is buggy and even when its ' off ' it still is working. It will say ' low ' for your setting but it will actually be ' med ' or ' high '. Please experiment and if you agree remove it in a future update. I spent countless hours narrowing it down a while back when i installed it via the marketplace.exe under Samsung UK apps.

Reactions: voluptuary

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Much thanks for your interest and work for the WP7 community!!!

The "Extra Settings" feature is a source of power drain on Samsung Focus 1.3. The reason is the screen adjust is buggy and even when its ' off ' it still is working. It will say ' low ' for your setting but it will actually be ' med ' or ' high '. Please experiment and if you agree remove it in a future update. I spent countless hours narrowing it down a while back when i installed it via the marketplace.exe under Samsung UK apps.

Thanks for the info perhaps I will remove this in the future. In the mean time I will post a dummy XAP with the same app ID that will 'pull' it out of 'Settings' and allow for it to be removed if so desired.

EDIT: And attached is the Extra Settings Remover!

Attachments

• Extra_Settings_Remover.xap
    183.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

nbhnohome

Aug 8, 2009
Seattle
GPS Issue

Hi, anyone here experience any issue with ur GPS ?

I got GPS lock while driving to work but by the time I got off work, it was impossible for the GPS to acquire a lock fix(sky is crystal clear ).

Please let me know if you have any trick or fix for this

Thank you

lucasryan

Dec 20, 2010
Tennessee
Was just thinking about a couple things and was wondering if you were to change the rom files settings in:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts
ACUserIdle: 300
BattUserIdle: 300
LockUserIdle: 10
seeing how on a reboot the values are being restored from policy-files.
Wonder if this would allow the battery display to stay on all the time? I know if you change it using root tools it resets after a power reset.
Any clue to if this would work if cooked into the rom?
Not real sure if this is the correct path but its as close as i found. It would be nice to have the batt and signal strength on all the time.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok folks, I've been running versions of my newest build on my Focus, Lumia 800, and HD2 now for about a week and all three devices are rock solid so time for a public release.

So here are the fruits of my labor. My goal was to stay as minimal and as stock as possible. Windows Phone as it is supposed to be. Most of the changes are 'under-the-hood' type changes so your device will still look stock but you will have all the perks of a fully unlocked ROM. There is support cooked in for ultrashot's packages but the XAP's have been left out. This way if you want them you can side-load them but for those that don't there is no extra clutter to worry about. For those using build 3.00 (does not apply to 3.05+) to make things easier for you all I have included the two most important ultrashot XAP's at the bottom of this post. You will need to side-load AccountManager if you want the ability to run programs that need 'Root' and if you want the ability to install XAP's via IE you will need to side-load XapDeployer. For those that aren't concerned with any of this you don't have to do anything.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR PHONE EXPLODES OR ANYTHING ELSE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

【ROM Version】 Clean ROM 3.10a

【SYS Languages】 GER/ENG/ESP/FRA/ITA

【Model of Device】 SGH-I917 Rev 1.3

【OS Version】 7.10.8858.136

-official nokia rtm base
    -full unlock via ultrashot unlocks
    -csc support implemented
    -original five focus display languages only
    -original microsoft wallpapers and ringtones only
    -nokia drive included
    -removed now hub
    -removed att & rogers branding in internet explorer
    -fixed color banding
    -internet connection sharing enabled
    -diagnosis auto-installed
    -network profile auto-installed
    -high fidelity position auto-installed
    -htc app drivers included
    -flip to silence package included
    -dlna support package included
    -sd storage unlock
    -gray accent added
    -disabled system logging
    -added ability to set static ip
    -added ability to change default search provider
    -other minor tweaks and improvments

*support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, and voluptuary CAB updates

THANKS: DFT Team, AnDim, OSBuilder Team, xboxmod, ultrashot, ceesheim, mirolg, contable, Heathcliff74 and Microsoft

EXTRA THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR DONATIONS: RonV42

BUGS: Let me know.

OTHER: While I have included ultrashot's unlocks and added support for his SearchKeySettings the SearchKeySettings XAP is not installed. If you would like this functionality you will have to install it. Support for SearchKeySettings has been removed as of build 1.25 because it broke voice search in bing.

BATTERY: Some users have suggested that perhaps 'Extra Settings' uses extra battery. So I have attached to this post a XAP that will 'pull' 'Extra Settings' from the 'Settings' menu thus allowing it to be uninstalled. Extra Settings has been removed as of build 1.25.

As always, if you like my work please click "THANKS" ;)

DOWNLOAD build 3.10a - WP 7.8
    DOWNLOAD build 2.01a - Tango
    DOWNLOAD build 1.30 - Mango
    If you have trouble downloading try using IE9, it should work then.

MIRROR of builds 1.10, 1.20, 1.20a, 1.25, 2.00 <- Thanks SuperSport

MIRROR of builds 1.30, 2.00 <- Thanks HaVoKeR
    HOW TO INSTALL:

0.) Have MAGLDR installed on your phone and Samsung Drivers installed on your PC
    1.) Place the zip files 'OS.D000FF + CSC.D000FF + DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe + rapitool.exe' in a folder
    2.) Go to 'Settings' -> 'about' -> 'reset your phone' -> 'yes' -> 'yes'
    3.) Right when the screen goes black press and hold 'voldown + camera'
    4.) Press '<-' (cancel)
    5.) Plug your phone into your PC
    6.) Flash OS.D000FF + CSC.D000FF with DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe
    7.) Wait
    8.) Go through the setup wizard on phone
    9.) Go to 'Settings' -> 'about' -> 'reset your phone' -> 'yes' -> 'yes'
    10.) Enjoy and press 'thanks' below (optional)

EXTRA CAB's (these work with build 1.20 and later): These probably won't work well with build 3.00

1.) contable's full system skin *!*first you MUST send the REMOVE CAB to uninstall the old Storage Lock*!*
    2.) extra accents (zebra, nokia blue, htc green) and themes (night, blood, ocean, jungle) <- Build 1.25 and later
    3.) XBOX Live & Office icon 'fixer'
    You are the BEST voluptuary!! THank you so much! Everything is working smooth :)

No problem, I'm glad that solved everything for you. All I ask is if you are happy with my work just click the "Thanks" button ;)
    congratulation to your first ROM :cool:
    This release is to make sure all the backend changes I made function properly before Tango comes out so that I can be sure any quirks that might pop up then are not comming from anything I have done here. So please if you notice anything that is 'not quite right' please post it. That said this should be very stable.

-dft 8107 base
    -dft 'extras' removed (lockscreen, accents, ect.)
    -ultrashot unlocks (interop, xbl, full) *new
    -fixed color banding
    -fixed internet connection sharing
    -htc drivers (v1) *new
    -diagnosis app pre-installed (##634# call removed)
    -network profile pre-installed
    -removed now hub
    -removed help & how-to
    -removed att & rogers favorites in internet explorer
    -original five focus display languages only
    -original microsoft wallpapers and ringtones only
    -extra settings (from samsung 2nd gen)
    -high fidelity position (from samsung 2nd gen)
    -sd storage unlock
    -skydrive & skype & weather
    -nokia drive (v2.0 unbranded) *new
    -csc support implemented (more like factory firmwares) *new
    -my accents and themes (full 3rd party app support, only rom with this right now)
    -minor under the hood tweaks *new
    -support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, CeesHeim, contable-miro, and voluptuary cab updates *new

DOWNLOAD LINK IN FIRST POST :)