Samsung Exhibit 4G

Search This thread

BABUUSHKA

Jan 2, 2012
riverside
OMG!!! i cannot catch a break! when i double click setup, it says it didnt install successful and in device manager it doesnt successfully install either. when the phone is on regularly, its fine, no driver issues but downloading is where i have the error.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

ugh. i hate this. thank you for all your help! if you have any other suggestions i'll try anything but at this point i may just send it back. good night, i'm sure i'll talk to you tomorrow!

BABUUSHKA

Jan 2, 2012
riverside
haha. so this morning i got up and attempted to use my phone and i no longer the the com.android.phone FC now almost every other app (ex. friendcaster pro, be weather pro, instagram, camera) FC's and to top it off, the phone no longer holds the SIM card correctly so i cant use it to make calls or text anyway. back to samsung it goes. -____-

KeanuC

Jan 16, 2012
Do I have to wait until we get a custom rom, to change the system theme? Or is there a way now?

Sent from my SGH-T759 using XDA

Reactions: rhynokilla

BABUUSHKA

Jan 2, 2012
riverside
*sigh* i just cant leave it be. i found a SUPER helpful video on how to install samsung drivers but when i follow the video, i get a code 10 in device manager. suggestions anyone?

BABUUSHKA

Jan 2, 2012
riverside
i'm assuming its an alt to odin? i'll google it.

edit: downloaded heimdall but while reading the README file (which is a first) i see i need the .pit file. if someone has it, an upload would be fantastic but until then i will be scouring google.

stupid edit #2: heehee... i figured it out.

Last edited:

BABUUSHKA

Jan 2, 2012
riverside
ya, i googled .pit and i read that you need to create it from your own phone. i'm on my 2nd device and i actually have a 3rd on its way because i thought this one was toast too. but now i'm gonna be able to refuse that delivery. :)

BABUUSHKA

Jan 2, 2012
riverside
now that i feel like i kinda know what i'm doing, i have another question.

i have rom toolbox pro and i think its a nifty little program and i was wondering if anyone could give me a brief run down on the sections under "performance" and like, what "min free kbytes" and "dirty ratio" etc. and if anyone has come up with some good setting they suggest trying?

clay21

Oct 16, 2011
now that i feel like i kinda know what i'm doing, i have another question.

i have rom toolbox pro and i think its a nifty little program and i was wondering if anyone could give me a brief run down on the sections under "performance" and like, what "min free kbytes" and "dirty ratio" etc. and if anyone has come up with some good setting they suggest trying?

These values work good for me.Good to see you got your phone working again...good job :).

Kernel Tweaks:
Min Free KBytes = 2545
Dirty Ratio = 20
Dirty Backround Ratio = 5
VFS Cache Pressure = 100
Oom kill allocating Task = on
Tick apply on boot and apply

Advance:
I/O Scheduler = noop
Apply on boot and apply

Auto Memory Manager:
Fourgroung Application = 6
Visible Application = 12
Secondary Server = 55
Hiddend Application = 70
Content Provider = 85
Empty Application = 100
Apply on boot and Apply

SD Boost:
Value = 1024kb
Apply on boot and Apply.

If you want Build.prop Tweaks you can add these to the bottom of your Build.prop list.Just a simple copy and paste will do.

# tweaks
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0
ro.ext4fs=1
mot.proximity.delay=25
persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1

#APP Tweaks
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
ro.HOME_APP_MEM=3072

# battery saving
pm.sleep_mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
persist.sys.shutdown.mode=hibernate
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180

# video & speed
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=200
windowsmgr.support_rotation_270=true
persist.sys.use_dithering=1
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
debug.sf.hw=0
ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.fps=65

Last edited:
Reactions: BABUUSHKA

KeanuC

Jan 16, 2012
Anyone have the Videos.apk? If so could you please upload.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres something for the ADB newbs, it pushes the zergrush, SU and all that. One click :D I took the one for the amaze 4g, added the samsung zergrush File and it works GREAT. i just ran it on my Exhibit and its very newbie proof. Just Unzip. make sure your phones connected to the PC with the correct drivers and click the .bat file. does all the work for ya.

Be sure to hit thanks also.
    Congratulations everyone, the new zergRush update for Samsung phones released yesterday works on the Exhibit. I was able to successfully get root and install superuser. I now have permanent root on my Exhibit!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296916
    thanks! also if anyone has the factory files saved could you email them thanks again ppielert@gmail.com

I'll see what i can do.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Link for STOCK FILES below guys.I put it in zip format to keep the size down for upload lol.Extract it, then extract the tar file and you will get the factoryfs.rfs, recovery.bin and zimage.Hopefully this site doesn't get shut down by the feds :D.

http://www.wupload.com/file/2657243107/Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_2.3.3.tar.zip
    I have rebooted several times and still have root.
    After pushing and running zergRush and getting root i remounted adb and ran the following commands

adb push su /system/bin
    adb push su /system/xbin
    adb shell
    chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
    chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
    exit
    adb install Superuser.apk

and my root has stuck just fine.
    Samsung released source codes

Few days ago I have noticed, that Samsung released source codes for Exhibit 4G.

As I bought this phone 3 weeks ago, and I am still unable to use it, I started wondering if I can build a new ROM without SIM lock.

I have never played with such thing before, so I would appreciate any hints. It took me couple of hours, but I successfully built a exhibit kernel and android OS with exhibit custom modules (exactly according to the readme.txt included with source codes).

Now I would like to flash them to my mobile, but I have to find out how to backup my current ROM... to be able to go back if anything goes wrong. I have searched, and found only instruction which required root access which we do not have.