Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

poppienutshell

Nov 24, 2011
Singapore
Hi dark, I saw on another phone on stock ICS unrooted, that the lockscreen has the swipe anywhere to unlock feature. Is this an upcoming thing to be included in your rom or it's up to the cm9 peeps?

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
My problem may be port related...everything works as it should but a lot of times when I'm in a app if I scroll it fc's

More so on ones set to tablet ui

Sent from my GT-N7000

Try to fix permissions. Make sure you have default user in 120dpi in tab mode and 240dpi in phone mode. Then just adjust each app according to your desired dpi. I find this gives less FC

pnjbibomb

Jun 15, 2011
Hey guys. Where can I find in call settings on rom. Want to turn off incall notification sound..can't seem to find it anywhere in settings

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

landerson07

May 3, 2011
Tried a couple of themes but after applying and rebooting etc I'm getting force closes on paranoidandroid settings and data usage? Gone back to system theme and all fine again?

I'm in phone mode at 182 dpi

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

manmad

Apr 30, 2011
Alken
Hi dark, I saw on another phone on stock ICS unrooted, that the lockscreen has the swipe anywhere to unlock feature. Is this an upcoming thing to be included in your rom or it's up to the cm9 peeps?

dark doesnt include things like this, for as far as i know.

He tries to stay as close to CM9 as possible so its alot easyer to patch it.

So its up to CM

anyone got the youtube apk? i didnt get it when flashing hybrid gapps.

I used search and found one in this topic, but i dont think it was a legit one... it has a differend icon, wouldnt change to tablet mode and it needed permission from google to have acces to youtube when i tryed logging in...

Last edited:

Mr.Greg

Sep 19, 2010
dark doesnt include things like this, for as far as i know.

He tries to stay as close to CM9 as possible so its alot easyer to patch it.

So its up to CM

anyone got the youtube apk? i didnt get it when flashing hybrid gapps.

I used search and found one in this topic, but i dont think it was a legit one... it has a differend icon, wouldnt change to tablet mode and it needed permission from google to have acces to youtube when i tryed logging in...
Download from market.

Harsha Raj

Jun 30, 2011
Tried a couple of themes but after applying and rebooting etc I'm getting force closes on paranoidandroid settings and data usage? Gone back to system theme and all fine again?

I'm in phone mode at 182 dpi

Make sure the settings dpi is above 160.

poppienutshell

Nov 24, 2011
Singapore
I'm experiencing quite a substantial lag system-wide while on hybrid mode. App opening became rather sluggish and also even in settings and applying changes. Took a while to show homescreen from lockscreen. Superuser seems slow to give permissions, judging by the notifications that appear.

I had global, user and default statusbar and 182 dpi. Most user apps put to tablet mode. System apps untouched. Tablet UI off. Recent Apps on.

Using Siyah on battery profile. -25 UV from default across all voltages. Kinda strange to have this kind of lag

Anyone else had the same kind of lag?

CAPS369

Jan 30, 2012
in a tree
never mind lol fixed just go back to phone mod and in dpi settings click all...boom change it reboot back in tablet ...182 global is perfect for tablet ..very happy

Last edited:
Reactions: yabadabadooo

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
I'm experiencing quite a substantial lag system-wide while on hybrid mode. App opening became rather sluggish and also even in settings and applying changes. Took a while to show homescreen from lockscreen. Superuser seems slow to give permissions, judging by the notifications that appear.

I had global, user and default statusbar and 182 dpi. Most user apps put to tablet mode. System apps untouched. Tablet UI off. Recent Apps on.

Using Siyah on battery profile. -25 UV from default across all voltages. Kinda strange to have this kind of lag

Anyone else had the same kind of lag?

I have noticed the superuser lag myself, causes some apps to lock up.. leading to a force close.

Usually works second time..

Nos_20

Sep 21, 2011
OnePlus City
Has anyone noticed that when you record a video using stock camera app, save it then you try and switch back to camera mode it force closes?

I am using phone mode with global density of 182 user density 240 default statusbar density 240.

The camera app is just on default and force closes everytime I try to swith from video recorder, only after recording a video, to camera mode??? Anyone any ideas? I have wiped cache etc fix permissions??

Also I have YouTube on Tablet mode but if I det dpi to 120 it force closes, I have to set it to 160 but the layout is squashed really??

CamoGeko

Retired Forum Moderator
Has anyone noticed that when you record a video using stock camera app, save it then you try and switch back to camera mode it force closes?

I am using phone mode with global density of 182 user density 240 default statusbar density 240.

The camera app is just on default and force closes everytime I try to swith from video recorder, only after recording a video, to camera mode??? Anyone any ideas? I have wiped cache etc fix permissions??

As a workaround you have to press menu - camera to switch it. Otherwise it will force close.

Sent from my 80GB CyanogenMOD 9 + Siyah ICS powered beast. Booya!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 | Per-App COLOR (newest PA invention), Dpi & UserInterface

logo.png

phoneeqfrj.jpg
    phabletneise.jpg
    tablet7wd3j.jpg

undefined9ye1s.jpg

untitled2j7jwf.png

PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT. This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.

untitled-19kkgo.png

PER-APP-COLOR, Paranoidandroids newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.

untitled-1jij2c.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• RECOVERY: FACTORY RESET IF YOU WERE USING ANOTHER ROM!
    • RECOVERY: Install Rom: Download
    • RECOVERY: Install Gapps, ALWAYS-EVEN FOR UPDATES: Download (find the latest one that carries the "jb" tag)
    • RECOVERY: Wipe Cache Partition
    • RECOVERY: Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot and enjoy

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

Special Thanks
    • Teamhacksung, For their awesome work all this time on CyanogenMod team, and a solid base for our device tree.
    • slade87 , For teaching me about android programming. You're the man.
    • To every single person that helped on this project, I can't keep the track because they are a lot!

VERY Special thanks to all the donators!, you support me for making a better work each day!
    UI: lags, tearing, glitches
    UI: Apps like NHK are broken
    Audio: bugs, missing features
    Camera: Recording partially broken

Let's wait until it stabilizes a bit, for now I close this thread to avoid spam :)
    I will start working on it now though.
    Well, I guess is time to close this thread, I leave you with a great developer. I will keep checking out once in a while S2 forums anyway, and of course I will keep developing PA with the rest of the guys.

Cheers,
    Jesús.
    Looks good however this belongs in the Android Development section and not the Original section.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

Sorry clearly missunderstand that. I thought original section is whatever gets something built from scratch, as my OTA app does. However, thanks for the correction :)

EDIT: 21 may 2012... we got moved to original section :D
    EDIT: 22 may 2012... zombies all over the world.