[Q] Hisense Sero 7 Pro rooting problems

Search This thread

sxfield

Jul 19, 2013
(First post - must go in General forum). Hello. I think I have discovered why some of us are having problems rooting the Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet. I have downloaded the files (abbreviated) Root.part1.rar and Root.part2.rar from the sero7 website. When I use 7zip to verifiy file integrity, I get a data error on one of the files in one of the archives. Specifically, in Root.part2.rar, the file cwm_touch_recovery.img has an error. Root.part1.rar integrity is fine, however, Root.part1.rar contains a copy of cwm_touch_recovery.img which is correct. I went to the xda thread on this subject (posted by XBOXEXPERT - [DEV/CWM/ROOT/ROM] Hisense Sero 7 Pro CWM Touch Recovery, Factory ROM & My XE-SeroROM) and downloaded the part 1 and part 2 files. In part 1 tests ok, but part 2 gets a data error on file busybox. However, in this set of files, part 2 files are duplicated (except for the usb driver folder, which is empty) in part 1, so what is the need for part 2? Anyway, I was able to recover from the busybox and cwm_touch_recovery files (since they were duplicated). So, should I put all the files in one place to do the rooting?
I want to do this properly and correctly. As an aside, here is a question: in lieu of restoring the stock image, is there a way to remove the Developer Menu from the settings once it has been invoked? Thanks, Dennis.

sxfield

Jul 19, 2013
Problems rooting Sero 7 Pro more info...

Hello. After doing some more experimentation, I've come to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the RAR files (other than having duplicate files and empty folders). I have downloaded (again) the part1 and part2 files from both the sero7 site and the xda site. I can do a file integrity test and it comes out clean. If I run it again, I get an error, always a problem with busybox (crc or data error) or cwm_touch_recovery.img (data error). I have downloaded the files and run the file integrity test on Windows (with 7zip) and Linux (the utility that compresses - it reads zip/rar etc. and can do an integrity test). Maybe you should be using ZIP or other compression program other than rar? How about 7zip? I have cobbled together all the files, including good versions of the busybox file and the cwm_touch_recovery.img file. Hope that's ok. I still don't understand how running a file integrity test can cause a file to go bad. But it seems to be doing just that, but only with busybox and cwm_touch_recovery.img. All for now. Thank you, D.

kngdmond

Jun 16, 2013
Sero 7 Pro Root

I have 2 Sero 7 Pro tablets and both are rooted without any issues. I download both rar files and extracted them into the same folder. I did get a message saying "file already exists do you want to overwrite?". I overwrote the file and both rar files extracted into one folder without any errors.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and had a heck of a time getting Windows to recognize the tablet. I solved this by:

1. Creating a file named adb_usb.ini in C:\Users\Use Name\.android
2. Added this code to the adb_usb.ini: 0x109b
3. Then saved the file and and ran adb devices to verify adb saw the tablet. The table should show up now.

I then ran XESeroRoot.exe and followed the onscreen instructions in the pop up window.

After the program finished. I rebooted my tablet twice and it was good to go....rooted with stock rom.
From there I copied the custom I wanted to install onto my external sd card. I booted into cwm recovery, I wiped everything and then flashed the custom Rom from my external sd card.

Works great.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Also.....I was having an issue with apps crashing to the home screen, such as Adobe Photoshop Touch, and Sims Freeplay on my wife's tablet.

I discovered there was a missing font causing the crash. Check your /system/font folder and make sure DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-Bold.ttf exist. Once I added the fonts, the apps ran just fine without error.

If install a custom ROM and install the Table UI mod and you experience app crashes. Try re-flashing the Table UI.
My wife's tablet was doing weird things and apps were crashing...turned out to be a corrupt Table UI...I re-flashed and that fixed the issue.

Reactions: nafees786

usegnu

Nov 23, 2010
Chattanooga, Tennessee
I rooted with the same files, I used Xubuntu to extract and combine the 2 rar's back to one file then copied them to Windows to root with no problems.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 2

Jun 5, 2008
Hisense Sero Pro 7 will not turn on

I rooted with the same files, I used Xubuntu to extract and combine the 2 rar's back to one file then copied them to Windows to root with no problems.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 2

My tablet will not power on. When I connect it to the charger the screen flashes a blue lightning bolt (see picture) with what appears to be a charging cable. I left it on the charger for 24 hours, still nothing. Does anyone know what this means and how to solve it. Customer service for Hisense was no help. Told me to ship it to me. I have to pay for shipping.

richard41

Sep 23, 2013
rooted my hisense

i rooted my hisense sero 7 pro last week an everything went fine. i intalled a diferent font from rom toolbox an when it rebooted it stayed on the startup screen ,

kngdmond

Jun 16, 2013
i rooted my hisense sero 7 pro last week an everything went fine. i intalled a diferent font from rom toolbox an when it rebooted it stayed on the startup screen ,

If its still getting stuck at boot (bootloop), you might try going into CWM recovery and run "fix permissions". I haven't tried messing with the fonts, but permissions world be my first guess. Fonts need to be in the /system/fonts folder with the permissions of rw-r--r--.

I posted a link below with several methods to change fonts. There is also instructions on how to change the font via adb. So if you can get to recovery you can fix it from there without having to restore a backup.

http://www.android.gs/how-to-change-fonts-on-any-android-device/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

exs.advocate

Nov 4, 2012
Just use vroot app. For zero 7 Lt or pro. It'll install super user and its in Chinese. Just re download super user from Google market and delete the Chinese one after rooting.

sent from my Sero 7 using XDA Premium Tablet app

Danaroxy

Nov 24, 2013
Hisense sero 7 pro stuck in bootloop

Richard41, I am having the same problem. I root my Hisense Sero 7 Pro a week ago and it worked perfectly. Then a few days ago I downloaded an app from Google play to change the font on my device. It worked just fine but a day or two later, I went in the app to change the font again, but it immediately took me to Google play where I downloaded it and on the top of the screen it said, "This app is not compatible with your device."
I don't understand why it would say that when I already had it installed. So I left that screen and went back to the font app itself. I selected the font I wanted, it asked if I'm sure I want to change the font to the selected one, I confirmed it and then another pop up screen came up in Chinese or Japanese letters. It looked like it was asking the same question but in another language. I choice what I thought would be yes in English since it was in the was in the same place and then another pop up screen came but I don't know what it said because it was in the same Chinese or Japanese letters with a mixture of a few English letters, but still couldn't comprehend the message. So I figured I just needed to reboot it. I rebooted it, and it has been stuck on the "Hisense Smart" boot introductory screen ever since.

Last edited:

dogood1

Dec 15, 2013
Richard41, I am having the same problem. I root my Hisense Sero 7 Pro a week ago and it worked perfectly. Then a few days ago I downloaded an app from Google play to change the font on my device. It worked just fine but a day or two later, I went in the app to change the font again, but it immediately took me to Google play where I downloaded it and on the top of the screen it said, "This app is not compatible with your device."
I don't understand why it would say that when I already had it installed. So I left that screen and went back to the font app itself. I selected the font I wanted, it asked if I'm sure I want to change the font to the selected one, I confirmed it and then another pop up screen came up in Chinese or Japanese letters. It looked like it was asking the same question but in another language. I choice what I thought would be yes in English since it was in the was in the same place and then another pop up screen came but I don't know what it said because it was in the same Chinese or Japanese letters with a mixture of a few English letters, but still couldn't comprehend the message. So I figured I just needed to reboot it. I rebooted it, and it has been stuck on the "Hisense Smart" boot introductory screen ever since.

I also rebooted my Sero 7 and ever since I am stuck. I tried to install other ROMs also including the latest 4.4 by randomblame, however it is stuck... forever.

Danaroxy

Nov 24, 2013
I also rebooted my Sero 7 and ever since I am stuck. I tried to install other ROMs also including the latest 4.4 by randomblame, however it is stuck... forever.

I found out that you're suppose to flash the original stock ROM (unroot it) and start over from there. I never tried it. I just went out and bought a new one.

Reactions: dogood1

dogood1

Dec 15, 2013
I found out that you're suppose to flash the original stock ROM (unroot it) and start over from there. I never tried it. I just went out and bought a new one.

I have tried installing stock ROM (from xboxexpert's thread), and it didn't work. Anyways, I am not going to buy a new one. Will try to fix it.

shneor

Dec 25, 2013
Northern California
Trojan in XESeroRoot.exe

There's a Trojan (Trojanware.win32.renfro dot something) in XESeroRoot.exe. Execution halted by Comodo, removed the file and a registry entry. What's up with that??? The usb driver installed just fine, but there's no ADB debugging selection on my Hisense Sero 7 Pro (and yes, I have developer status).
Found the latest install, rooting and new ROM worked like a charm, thx, dolorespark!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sero 7 Pro Root

I have 2 Sero 7 Pro tablets and both are rooted without any issues. I download both rar files and extracted them into the same folder. I did get a message saying "file already exists do you want to overwrite?". I overwrote the file and both rar files extracted into one folder without any errors.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and had a heck of a time getting Windows to recognize the tablet. I solved this by:

1. Creating a file named adb_usb.ini in C:\Users\Use Name\.android
    2. Added this code to the adb_usb.ini: 0x109b
    3. Then saved the file and and ran adb devices to verify adb saw the tablet. The table should show up now.

I then ran XESeroRoot.exe and followed the onscreen instructions in the pop up window.

After the program finished. I rebooted my tablet twice and it was good to go....rooted with stock rom.
    From there I copied the custom I wanted to install onto my external sd card. I booted into cwm recovery, I wiped everything and then flashed the custom Rom from my external sd card.

Works great.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Also.....I was having an issue with apps crashing to the home screen, such as Adobe Photoshop Touch, and Sims Freeplay on my wife's tablet.

I discovered there was a missing font causing the crash. Check your /system/font folder and make sure DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-Bold.ttf exist. Once I added the fonts, the apps ran just fine without error.

If install a custom ROM and install the Table UI mod and you experience app crashes. Try re-flashing the Table UI.
    My wife's tablet was doing weird things and apps were crashing...turned out to be a corrupt Table UI...I re-flashed and that fixed the issue.