[REQUEST] turn all toasts into the New kit kat rounded ones

Search This thread

Ab1g0r

Dec 1, 2013
After posting my answer I was wondering why you wouldn't have KitKat-styled toasts when posting in the Nexus 5 forum, but it seems I misunderstood your request.
Yes, when you're already on 4.4 or above you don't need that module and I unfortunately don't know of any way to change the look of the volume popup.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
There's a difference between toasts and pop-ups. Some pop-ups (eg android is upgrading / starting apps) use the default ics style pop-ups.

Maybe op can clarify

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

Reactions: osnapitsjoey

osnapitsjoey

Jan 10, 2013
There's a difference between toasts and pop-ups. Some pop-ups (eg android is upgrading / starting apps) use the default ics style pop-ups.

Maybe op can clarify

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

Ash, well is there a way to change the pop ups?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010

Yeah but it'll be a lot of effort. Look for patch 9.images in /system/framework-res.apk/res/drawable* folders for anything starting "popup_"

It's not just a case of swapping images though. Patch 9 images are scalable. So they need to be modified like this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2326393

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Reactions: osnapitsjoey

osnapitsjoey

Jan 10, 2013
Yeah but it'll be a lot of effort. Look for patch 9.images in /system/framework-res.apk/res/drawable* folders for anything starting "popup_"

It's not just a case of swapping images though. Patch 9 images are scalable. So they need to be modified like this:

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

aw man that sucks, This is wayyy above my level :(

danarama

Aug 22, 2010

I'm so sorry, i've been an idiot and misled you. Obviously toasts are scalable too, ergo already patch 9.

If you're a windows user, you can just open the apk (not extract) in winrar and drag the toasts out (from same drawables folders), rename them to the same as the pop ups.... delete the pop ups and drag the renamed images back with no compression (store).

Takes time as you have to check all drawable folders and make the change... but easy enough

You only need to follow the link if you're replacing with your own custom images, not if you're using existing ones (so long as the existing ones are patch 9)
-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

osnapitsjoey

Jan 10, 2013
So you're telling me I just replace the background of the volume pop-up with the image that gets displayed with the toasts? Btw you are one helpful sob

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Essentially yes.

Drag out everything starting with "popup" and "toast".

Compare the images and rename the toasts you want to the name of the pop-ups and replace

You may need to swap the spinner too.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I'm so sorry, i've been an idiot and misled you. Obviously toasts are scalable too, ergo already patch 9.

If you're a windows user, you can just open the apk (not extract) in winrar and drag the toasts out (from same drawables folders), rename them to the same as the pop ups.... delete the pop ups and drag the renamed images back with no compression (store).

Takes time as you have to check all drawable folders and make the change... but easy enough

You only need to follow the link if you're replacing with your own custom images, not if you're using existing ones (so long as the existing ones are patch 9)
-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I enjoy seeing your name pop up on these forums. This seems like a really fun mod and looks simple enough to do with your guidance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.

Maybe op can clarify

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.