[Q] Moto G (XT1031) Boost Mobile [HELP]

Search This thread

davooo38

Jan 31, 2014
I recently reverted my Moto G back to stock firmware since none of the available ROMs were any good in my opinion. However, now that I've finally settled into my stock firmware and have decided to let Motorola be my update provider rather than spend all day trying out new ROMs, I have run into a little problem...

As of right now I am running a Moto G XT1031 on the Boost Mobile network with the following specs:
HW Version: P3C
Android Version: 4.3
Baseband Version: MSM8626BP_1032.3102.56.00R
Kernal Version: 3.4.0-g741c020-00001-gaf940d1
System Version: 14.14.9.falcon_cdma.Boost.en.US
Build Number: 14.10.0Q3.X-84-9

Well the issue now is that I have received an update on my phone from Motorola labeled as version: 173.44.18.en.US or in other words KitKat. I'd really like to update to this, but each time I click download now, it goes ahead and downloads the ~189.0MB file, and then asks me if I would like to install now, obviously yes, and powers off, goes into recovery and starts installing the update. BUT IT ALWAYS STOPS HALF WAY AND DISPLAYS ERROR AND THEN REBOOTS THE SYSTEM BACK TO NORMAL.

What could be the problem? My phone is currently rooted and has its bootloader unlocked. Do I need to be unrooted for the update to take place successfully?

Also, I was running TWRP 2.6.3.1, then CWM 6.0.4.6, and currently stock recovery but neither one gives me any better result.

Any help in greatly appreciated.
Best Regards,
David B.

ckuke4

Jul 2, 2007
I recently reverted my Moto G back to stock firmware since none of the available ROMs were any good in my opinion. However, now that I've finally settled into my stock firmware and have decided to let Motorola be my update provider rather than spend all day trying out new ROMs, I have run into a little problem...

As of right now I am running a Moto G XT1031 on the Boost Mobile network with the following specs:

Well the issue now is that I have received an update on my phone from Motorola labeled as version: 173.44.18.en.US or in other words KitKat. I'd really like to update to this, but each time I click download now, it goes ahead and downloads the ~189.0MB file, and then asks me if I would like to install now, obviously yes, and powers off, goes into recovery and starts installing the update. BUT IT ALWAYS STOPS HALF WAY AND DISPLAYS ERROR AND THEN REBOOTS THE SYSTEM BACK TO NORMAL.

What could be the problem? My phone is currently rooted and has its bootloader unlocked. Do I need to be unrooted for the update to take place successfully?

Also, I was running TWRP 2.6.3.1, then CWM 6.0.4.6, and currently stock recovery but neither one gives me any better result.

Best Regards,
David B.

yep, you can't be rooted...bootloader unlock is ok. It sees a file is not correct and it will error out during update.
Cheers.

davooo38

Jan 31, 2014
Actually the update still won't take place. I just noticed, using CWM, that the error is being caused because "the update is for cdma" models only and my phone is "xt1031" I have a feeling that this might just be an issue with boost mobile having a crappy network, and this is just a mistake.

I thought it was too good to be true that Boost Mobile had released a KitKat version for the Moto G so fast

kr338r

Jun 20, 2012
I thought it was too good to be true that Boost Mobile had released a KitKat version for the Moto G so fast
:confused:

they did roll it out fast...

go back to non-rooted stock and then apply update.
(that's what I did and it worked.
btw, I activated the phone w/ Ring+ and still had the update pushed!)

judask24

May 21, 2012
Ruston

Best Regards,
David B.

Wait, You have a CDMA model..how did you gain root? I thought only the GSM variants were able to have their bootloaders unlock officially and haven't seen anyone take a crack at the CDMA versions.

QBANBOY407

Jun 28, 2010
Yeah u can unlock boot loader on boost mobile. I did it 2 weeks ago and installed costum ROM and everything. Loving the phone even more :)

Sent from my XT1031 using xda app-developers app

Sep 18, 2009
I have the boost Moto G, and simply following the instructions for all the other Moto G's gave me an unlock, the moto site didn't complain in the least

sjeik1985

Nov 10, 2012
Pasuruan
paste it on ms word first

Dont paste directly from cmd, paste it on ms word first n delete the all space. Then copy n paste it on motorola web

Bad Momma26

Dec 13, 2014
Need help

I'm stuck and don't know what else to do. Is my phone paper weight now? It also won't charge/keep charge. Both my fiancé and I tried looking everywhere to fix it but it won't work. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it... I miss my phone, had to get a crappy cheap phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 178

witor19

Yeah u can unlock boot loader on boost mobile. I did it 2 weeks ago and installed costum ROM and everything. Loving the phone even more :)

How did you end up doing it. I'm trying to unlock a boost mobile phone and I can't. Another question. Are you able to use tether or hotspot? Please your input will help me a lot. Thank you

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
How did you end up doing it. I'm trying to unlock a boost mobile phone and I can't. Another question. Are you able to use tether or hotspot? Please your input will help me a lot. Thank you

What problems are you having with unlocking your device?

I've unlocked 3 Boost Moto G's - so I know it's possible. Check this out > https://forums.motorola.com/posts/35e4d3be5c

As far as Mobile Hotspot, yes, it's possible with a few edits.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts