[Q] New YouTube update doesn't work with Note 10.1 2014?

Search This thread

jcannon318

Oct 6, 2012
I updated the youtube app, and it does not work now. Constantly crashes. So i unistalled the update, and it works fine. Anybody else have the problem with the new YouTube update?

Geordie Affy

Oct 21, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Interesting. I don't know what the hell is wrong!

Yeah I did and I got fed up so did the following.

I force stopped it, cleared all data and cache then uninstalled it. Then I went back and updated it (as you cant uninstall completely) and now its working fine but tbh YouTube app always has issues...I think Samsung and Google need to fix it.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.

jcannon318

Oct 6, 2012
Yeah I did and I got fed up so did the following.

I force stopped it, cleared all data and cache then uninstalled it. Then I went back and updated it (as you cant uninstall completely) and now its working fine but tbh YouTube app always has issues...I think Samsung and Google need to fix it.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.

Gunna give this a try. Thank u!

Sent from my ZeroLemon Powered Galaxy Note 3

RTbar

Jul 18, 2009
I uninstalled updates and it worked, then it went back to not working upon reinstalling them. I am using viral popup youtube player untill this gets sorted...i actually like it better tbh

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Personally I like tubemate... Not only does it offer all the functions of youtube app but it also allows the downloading of the video's. Arather convenient little feature when you don't have much of a downloading limit...

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
My note3 and nexus 7 both experienced this. The comments are full of the same complaint. Pretty sure Google messed something up.

Sent from behind your couch while chillin with the Boogeyman!

CorruptionDee

Sep 7, 2010
NYC
The same thing happened to me. YouTube kept force closing and refused to start. So I uninstalled all updates, and reverted back to the older build with the classic YouTube logo. A real PITA for sure, but call me crazy, the image quality is noticeably better on the old build when viewed on the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. Glad it's not just me experiencing this issue.