[Q] Haven't flashed in months, could use some refresher/pointers?

Search This thread

finallygreen

Mar 13, 2010
So my Evita that I rooted/flashed back in October is finally starting to bug out. Six months of smooth sailing, but now it's having Wi-Fi problems, reboot problems, etc. I'm going to go ahead and use it as an opportunity to flash to something newer, but...perhaps someone might be able to tell me what would cause this kind of behaviour? Is it something that could be fixed without reflashing? Something I should just expect over time when I'm using custom ROMs?

Anyways, I have been re-reading up on this stuff to prepare to reflash. Again, I did root/s-off/flash back in October...at that time the Sense 5 ROMs were very early/rough, so I went Sense 4 (CleanROM 6.5). My current bootloader screen reads like this:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111
HBOOT-1.14.0002
RADIO-0.19as.32.09.11_2
OpenDSP-v29.1.0.45.0622
eMMC-boot
Jun 11 2012, 14:36:28

Currently installed recovery is TWRP 2.6.3.0

So with all of that said, my goal now is to get as updated as possible, and flash a stable Sense 5 ROM.

Would anyone mind helping me figure out the right plan of attack to do this?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
So my Evita that I rooted/flashed back in October is finally starting to bug out. Six months of smooth sailing, but now it's having Wi-Fi problems, reboot problems, etc. I'm going to go ahead and use it as an opportunity to flash to something newer, but...perhaps someone might be able to tell me what would cause this kind of behaviour? Is it something that could be fixed without reflashing? Something I should just expect over time when I'm using custom ROMs?

Anyways, I have been re-reading up on this stuff to prepare to reflash. Again, I did root/s-off/flash back in October...at that time the Sense 5 ROMs were very early/rough, so I went Sense 4 (CleanROM 6.5). My current bootloader screen reads like this:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111
HBOOT-1.14.0002
RADIO-0.19as.32.09.11_2
OpenDSP-v29.1.0.45.0622
eMMC-boot
Jun 11 2012, 14:36:28

Currently installed recovery is TWRP 2.6.3.0

So with all of that said, my goal now is to get as updated as possible, and flash a stable Sense 5 ROM.

Would anyone mind helping me figure out the right plan of attack to do this?

The only thing you need to do to prepare for a Sense 5 ROM is to upgrade your firmware, I have detailed instructions on my How-To Guide For Beginners thread in my signature. Don't ask for a recommendation on a ROM because doing so isn't allowed. To say one ROM is better is to infer that the others are inferior in some way. This is disrespectful to the devs who spend their spare time bringing us these awesome ROMs free of charge. Each user has different tastes anyway, the best way to see which ROM suits you is to flash a few and find out for yourself.

Sent from my Evita

finallygreen

Mar 13, 2010
Oh absolutely...in fact you mentioned that to me months ago when I went through this the first time, so I most certainly wasn't looking for a ROM recommendation...just wanted to know what I'd have to do to get where I wanted to be, and in what order I should do it :)

finallygreen

Mar 13, 2010
Well I guess it really HAS been a long time since I've done this....the folder with fastboot and all of that is still on my PC, but the PC is NOT recognizing the phone at all. In fact, if I plug the phone to the PC via USB while in fastboot, the screen shows "FASTBOOT AC" rather than USB.

USB Debugging is ON. HTC Sync Manager is not seeing the phone either. How did my PC suddenly stop recognizing my phone? What can I do to troubleshoot this?

finallygreen

Mar 13, 2010
Eesh...just came down to using a different USB cable...so finicky!

Anyways, all's well...firmware updated, new ROM flashed!

Thanks!