[Q] Flash ViperX 4.0.7 on HTC One X (endeavoru)

Search This thread

max99000

Apr 20, 2014
Hello. Can someone please help me?
I am trying to install the ViperX 4.0.7 on HOX (endeavoru) with CID: O2_102 and HBOOT: 1.39
I flashed Alex-V 2.7 kernel and installed via TWRP recovery, but I got stuck at the HTC logo.

If there is no way I can install this ViperX, or can I flash CM11? If yes, then what kernel and recovery do I need for CM11?

Thank you!

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Are you S-On or S-Off? If S-On, you have to extract the boot.img and flash it via fastboot. I'm also thinking that since that kernel development has been discontinued, it might not support the newest ViperX rom. In the kernel thread, members mentioned it worked with 4.0.6, but no mention of 4.0.7. Might be best just to stick with the recommended ViperX boot.img until you know you got everything working.

As far as CyanogenMod, please refer to the official thread for your phone here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583037

This has the install guide, as well as a link to their recommended recoveries. Most likely TWRP will work as well, though CM team always promotes CWM as that is what they build and test with. Reading through some of the user reviews though, seems like you might want to be wary of CM11 as it has some various issues for certain people. Might want to glance through some posts and make sure those issues won't affect how you want or need to use the phone.

Reactions: max99000

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I'd already looked into that possibility and it was confirmed in the thread CID didn't matter, but the bootloader does and you are on a compatible one. Issue sounds to me like you just tried to install the kernel with TWRP, which you can't do with most HTCs with S-On.

max99000

Apr 20, 2014
I'd already looked into that possibility and it was confirmed in the thread CID didn't matter, but the bootloader does and you are on a compatible one. Issue sounds to me like you just tried to install the kernel with TWRP, which you can't do with most HTCs with S-On.

Thanks for your help! I got ViperX working on my phone. :good: :D

max99000

Apr 20, 2014
Sweet! You're welcome. You just had to fastboot the kernel then, right? Just in case someone else with your issue finds your thread.

Yeah, pretty much. I was hoping to get sweep 2 wake feature that's why I flashed the other kernel. But the boot.img from the ViperX zip solved the problem. Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you S-On or S-Off? If S-On, you have to extract the boot.img and flash it via fastboot. I'm also thinking that since that kernel development has been discontinued, it might not support the newest ViperX rom. In the kernel thread, members mentioned it worked with 4.0.6, but no mention of 4.0.7. Might be best just to stick with the recommended ViperX boot.img until you know you got everything working.

As far as CyanogenMod, please refer to the official thread for your phone here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583037

This has the install guide, as well as a link to their recommended recoveries. Most likely TWRP will work as well, though CM team always promotes CWM as that is what they build and test with. Reading through some of the user reviews though, seems like you might want to be wary of CM11 as it has some various issues for certain people. Might want to glance through some posts and make sure those issues won't affect how you want or need to use the phone.