***Post Your Battery Usage Here***

Search This thread

Jabbypants

Aug 27, 2009
West Midlands
Post your real numbers of what you get chaps, it will be interesting to see what some get over others.

Over night Standby Loss=30%
Average day I get 12 hours before needing a charge.

I have
WIFI on,
GPS off
Auto Brightness
but nothing is set to sync I do it all manually.

jaikben22

Jan 23, 2007
Post your real numbers of what you get chaps, it will be interesting to see what some get over others.

Over night Standby Loss=30%
Average day I get 12 hours before needing a charge.

I have
WIFI on,
GPS off
Auto Brightness
but nothing is set to sync I do it all manually.

sounds like a big drain if you have lg vip service ( free in NL ), call lg and ask a replacement.

My first o3d was like that and the new one I lose 3-5% overnight with no TP app ( juice garbage etc )

Wifi on
Sync on
Auto brightness
GPS 0ff

Edit: main bettery user seems to be 3d gameloft games, I can get 24hours with some 3d youtube a lof wifi browsing and a 3d picture now and then

Last edited:

abo_mara7

Oct 9, 2010
Over night Standby Loss= 0%, some other nights I get about 4% loss, I don't know why!

Average day I get 24 hours before needing a charge, or extra one half a day, depending on the use.

I have :
WIFI off, I turn it on when I need that and I do that a lot.
GPS off.
Auto Brightness.
Sync on.
Playing Cut the rope for a while.
Taking some 2D/3D videos and pictures.

tourjefferson

Jul 12, 2011
London
I would say I get what I need.

I have the phone from 6:40am till 10pm with 20%-10% battery left.
My use is:
WIFI all the time.
3G (data transfer) off all the time.
GPS off.
Default Brightness.
Sync on.
Playing Angry Bird, Slice Fruit and a bit of Golf 3D and listening music while going and coming back from work (2hrs journey return).
And obviously making/receiving some phone calls.

Now, lately, I've been playing a LOT of Golf 3D (got really addicted :D ) so from my house to my work I've lost 30%-40% battery.
When I go to my break I play another 30 minutes and the battery is already on its 40%-30%.

So basically I have to charge it at work.

During the night the phone is ALWAYS charging so I don't know how much the phone would drain.

Last edited:

gpou

Sep 18, 2007
Kalamata
Wifi on
Data off most of the time
Sync on
No 3d
Average time 10-14 hrs
Very dissapointed...i have to carry charger everywhere...LG software is battery unoptimized

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk

bioweb

Dec 8, 2007
Charged 24 hours ago, lost 4% overnight. Played about 30 minutes of Myth Defense, took 7 3D photo's, two calls and three text messages and have 68% left.

Wifi on
Sync on
3G/HSDPA on
GPS off
Wifi localization on
Brightness 55%

Phone is on v10D and rooted. Got a couple of background processes like WhatsApp and battery/time/weather widgets.

The first week it was pretty bad but now I'm quite content.

You have to take into consideration that the phone has a very large screen with dualcore processor. I think the largest capacity battery you can get for this phone without drastically enlarging the casing is about 1980mAh which will give you (just an estimation) about an hour more juice. If you want the phone to last two days on one charge with normal use it would've been twice as large and a lot heavier.

Jabbypants

Aug 27, 2009
West Midlands
I don't understand how some can get such better battery life when they use the phone more than I do.

Is it the different launchers, what do people use.

gpou

Sep 18, 2007
Kalamata
I don't understand how some can get such better battery life when they use the phone more than I do.

Is it the different launchers, what do people use.

+1
I dont want to be rude but it is not possible. I have used alot of android phones and i know first hand what battery drainage is...

hefonthefjords

Jun 29, 2010
Livingston
+1
I dont want to be rude but it is not possible. I have used alot of android phones and i know first hand what battery drainage is...

Ahem.

b260311b-a161-241a.jpg

It's totally possible.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA Premium App

hefonthefjords

Jun 29, 2010
Livingston
Honestly when i look at mine i see cell standby of 53% and think that isnt normal.
In my milestone the display is always miles ahead in battery consumption by about 50% and i assumed it would be the same in all androids.

hefonthefjords

Jun 29, 2010
Livingston
Sorry for double post
Check my mA drainage
View attachment 684980

Nice app man. Im gonna check that out. My experience of battery monitors has always been that they eat more battery than they help you conserve but that one looks interesting.

There are parts on that graph that say it is consuming absolutely no power at all. That seems off likes.

bioweb

Dec 8, 2007
+1

There's a difference between not wanting to be rude by questioning something or just stating something's impossible ;)

Here ya go, after over 14 hours. The top one is RF2011 3D which I played about 5 minutes. Besides RF2011 I played just over half an hour of Wordfeud. The rest of the time the phone was in standby and as you see it still has about 70% charge. My Android System only used 3% in these 14 hours as you can see in my screenshot.

attachment.php

Attachments

• screenshot_7.jpg
    screenshot_7.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 331