[ROM] Revolver 4 by Gnufabio | 4.2.1 - IC421(G) | Sep 5 | TF101-TF101G-SL101 | Fast

Search This thread

devilpera64

Dec 7, 2008
Monfumo (NGI Service)
i notice a flash player problem with all browsers in desktop mode and with typing-keyboard...for first, when i try to put some video in fullscreen using desktop mode, the screen become white and return on the page site; i must restart browser for continue to surf. Secondly, when i type a text into the browser, sometimes the cursor go back behind the first word and i must take it and return on where i was writing.
Using dolphin pad 1.0, when i try to download something it crash...i think that developers stop on 1.0 version...they don't upgrade anymore in this time :-(

Last edited:

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
@gnufabio - I've personally had SOD and "not returning from deep sleep" issues with another custom ICS ROMs and I've noticed that quite a few others are experiencing the same thing.

I have NOT had that issue with your ROM, however (great news!) - I'm just wondering if you used the WW version as a base or some other version? The folks are reporting the SOD/random reboot issues, even with STOCK firmware (again, ww as far as I've seen).

So, did you use the WW build as a base or some other build?

Thanks!

radiikal

May 11, 2008
Hi,
Been with u for long long time and exicited to flash this rom!

Ok, for some reasons, front camera doesn'twork, so can'tsetup face unlock. Also titanium backup seemed to lock up when restoring apps.

Thx.

cease

Jan 5, 2005
Greensboro
ETAs, never ask

What is the eta with revolver parts? ?
View attachment 923075

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
Hey Junior Member...you never ask for ETAs, NEVER! Let's suppose a developer even wanted to answer that question; if I were the developer, the question would first of all piss me off, because if I knew the ETA I wouldn't keep it a secret; and if I didn't know the ETA, I'd still be pissed off so I'd lie about it. So why ask the question? I'll never understand why people do that. Very sad.

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

Still trying to figure out why I seem to be the only one who can't get this to boot. I have tried everything I can think of all to no avail.

I wipe and clear everything using the Revolution Super Wipe script. I have tried downloading this ROM 3 times from different mirrors, verifying MD5 each time. The flash appears to complete successfully but when I reboot, my Transformer gets stuck on the "Eee Pad" screen.

If I flash Revolver 3.x it boots right away, every time. I used the same procedure to flash.

If I flash Paul Barton's Spark ICS ROM, it boots right away, every time. I used the same procedure to flash.

If I flash the OTA Rooted ICS ROM, it also gets stuck on the "Eee Pad" screen. As far as I know, both of the ROMs that get stuck are built from the OTA release, so maybe that is a clue as to what's happening.

I have tried flashing from both internal memory and SD card with the same result. I have reformatted my SD card as FAT32. I have tried VOL down + power and letting it boot that way. It gets stuck on "Cold-booting Linux". Maybe that's another clue.

I have tried booting both with and without the USB cable connected, with the same result.

If anyone has any suggestions I could try I'd really appreciate them. I'm at my wits end here. I don't think it's my hardware since it boots other roms with no trouble at all.
You've got a tough problem. Have you tried to go back to wiping everything and even re-rooting...from scratch. I had to do that once on my phone to get a ROM to boot properly. Sorry, but that's all I got.

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Transformer doesn'nt go into deep sleep. Anyone else facing this issue?

Beside that it's running great. Very snappy and responsive. Feels faster then stock ICS, allthough benchmarks show similar results:

Quadrant 2350
Antutu 4980
Nenamark2 21.5
Yep, no deep sleep after latest update. Had it prior.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Would we ever see Cornerstone in any future builds?
Jeeeeeeeeezzzzzz, give it a rest. Don't you get tired of asking the same question. Maybe you should learn to program and add it yourself!

Reactions: crzycrkr

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Jeeeeeeeeezzzzzz, give it a rest. Don't you get tired of asking the same question. Maybe you should learn to program and add it yourself!

@WolfStar - if you really want Cornerstone that bad, it's already available in special builds of the new EOS ROM for the Transformer. Although, as I would expect, there are many issues with it still... It's not ready for prime-time yet, which is probably why nobody is interested in putting it in their stable ROM's! Makes sense to me....

And if it were put into a stable ROM, then people like you would constantly complain about it having bugs!

<sigh>

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Face unlock works for me, but it first appears with a black screen (in the little square), then shows the pattern lock then back to the camera... if it doesn't recognise my face it then turns the screen off and I have to wake device again..
anything i can do about that? I like the novelty of it, but this is stopping me from using it really...
Any suggestions for this problem? Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

gaetanolip

Jan 23, 2007
Hi,

can i just flash the rom over blades custom kernel, or have i to flash stock kernel before flashing this ics rom?

thanks

devilpera64

Dec 7, 2008
Monfumo (NGI Service)
This is my situation (i red that other users encounter error using fullscreen mode in every video on every browser into desktop mode). I snap some photos for show you what i would mean.

I choose with witch browser i want play video
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/screenshot2012022813073.jpg/
I can start video and resize it, but when i press "toggle fullscreen"...
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/screenshot2012022813080.jpg/
...appear blank page and i must restart browser for return to surf
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/screenshot2012022813082.jpg/

I read that this can be "stack overflow" correlated to hardware acceleration of FlashPlayer..how to fix it?

comstar

Feb 1, 2009
3 miles from Sprint HQ
I was having the same issue as you, I found another guy who had the same issue as well and he figured it out. All you need to do is NVflash a HC based rom and then flash ICS over that. Worked for him, another guy as well as myself. Not sure why only a few of us have this issue but it seems to work in this situation.

Like you I had tried everything to get ICS to boot to no avail, however I could flash any HC based rom fine.

Once I was directed to NVflash a HC rom then cwm flash ICS revolver I was up and running in a few minutes... Its funny cause I had thought of NVflashing about an hour into my troubles but didnt think it would change anything so I didnt consider it until i heard a success story, sucks because I killed a few hours trying all sorts of variations.

Give it a go and report back, it seems to have worked atleast for a few guys in our situation. Give C-Greg a thanks if this works for you

This worked for me also. I finally figured it out on my own after about 2 hours of terror stuck on the ee screen! Its funny though, I've not had any of the issues being reported and wonder if its because of nvflashing first.

Last edited:

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
mine restarts itself twice already and both times it still boot and freeze at the asus screen and the loading circle under the asus logo freezes up too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Features
    • Fast AS HELL
    • Deodexed
    • Speed up & optimizations
    • Lot of plugins in Revolver Parts (not now, in the future)
    • Face unlock
    • Advanced power dialog

FAQs
    • What's the actual version?
      In the second part of the thread's name you can find both the numeric version and the code-version. The former is expressed in this way: branch.version[.subversion]. Usually a subversion consists of a bugfix release. The latter is expressed in this way: AABC[D], where AA is the Android version on which the firmware is based (for example HC or IC), B is the hexadecimal value of the branch, C is the hexadecimal value of the version and D is the hexadecimal value of the subversion.
    • I want to increase the sensitivity of the touchscreen. What could I do?
      There is an app for that. Give a look here
    • Guys I can't download anything from Revolver Parts, what could I do?
      Sometimes server can have some problems; however if you can't download from the app you can manually download the packages from the Revolver repository.
    • Will Cornerstone be integrated in this ROM?
      NO, NO DAMNED CORNERSTONE WILL BE ADDED. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. ASK GOD TO DO THIS INSTEAD OF CLUTTERING THIS THREAD. STOP ASKING IT.

Licensing
    Revolver ROM, Revolver Parts and Revolver plugins (the one done by me) are distributed under Creative Commons 3 BY-NC-ND license. If you want to use a part of my work, please send me a PM and ask for permissions.
    You may not use ROMs component, Revolver Parts plugins and other stuff done by me working hard hours without asking for permission, that's it.
    More details on the license:
    Don't worry guys, I'm releasing a new version within the end of this week, and Revolver Parts 4 will come soon ;)
    I'm working on the latest Asus update, please, some patience!