[MMS Theme][CM9/AOKP/CM10]Mixer Transparent SMS/MMS with Animation [11/17/12]

Search This thread

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Well one of the things I hate most is the ugly white in the MMS.apk..Of all the silly options like weather in pulldown etc thats included in CM9/AOKP I was hoping we could at least get a black background option but I guess its more important to see what temp it is outside or to toggle your swagger on/off.

So if you're tired of the ugly white MMS.apk thats clearly neglected then I have the mod for you. This is a transparent modded MMS.apk that is build off travp624's new Mms.apk which combines the best of cm9 and AOKP.

I hope you enjoy this..Just flash the zip in recovery or manually push the apk.

Thanks Section
killabyte at Rootzwiki for his guide because without it I wouldn't have been able to do it.

travp624 at rootzwiki for his new MMS base to use..He did a great job of combinging the best options of cm9 and AOKP.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-12-10-03-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-12-10-03-30.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 5,499
  • Screenshot_2012-07-12-10-18-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-12-10-18-55.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 5,326
Last edited:

slapshot591

Aug 24, 2010
Washington D.C.
attempted to manually push to CM9 on the i717 as well as flash via TWRP, no success. Anyone else have different results than I have experienced?

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
attempted to manually push to CM9 on the i717 as well as flash via TWRP, no success. Anyone else have different results than I have experienced?

I wasnt sure if the flash zip would work not having a 717 to test on..When you pushed though I assume you set correct permission and rebooted?

I've had it tested on as many xhdpi devices I could..All good on n7000 and Galaxy Nexus.

slapshot591

Aug 24, 2010
Washington D.C.
I wasnt sure if the flash zip would work not having a 717 to test on..When you pushed though I assume you set correct permission and rebooted?

I've had it tested on as many xhdpi devices I could..All good on n7000 and Galaxy Nexus.

For manually pushing, I added .bak to old Mms.apk file, copied the New Mms.apk file into //system/app/ and then set permissions correctly. Rebooted. No go.

I did the exact same thing, and then set Owner/Group to Root/Root. Rebooted. No go.

Renamed my old [Mms.apk.bak] to [Mms.apk], rebooted, and then tried flashing the zip. No go.

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
For manually pushing, I added .bak to old Mms.apk file, copied the New Mms.apk file into //system/app/ and then set permissions correctly. Rebooted. No go.

I did the exact same thing, and then set Owner/Group to Root/Root. Rebooted. No go.

Renamed my old [Mms.apk.bak] to [Mms.apk], rebooted, and then tried flashing the zip. No go.

What ROM are you running? I'll see what I can find out.

helix massacre

May 7, 2012
Not working for Juggernaut either pushed into system app just says install failed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
MR. DSL you make some awesome themes for cm9 and aokp.. I have most of them,there some of favorite themes for cm9...You themed everything..very nice work!!

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
MR. DSL you make some awesome themes for cm9 and aokp.. I have most of them,there some of favorite themes for cm9...You themed everything..very nice work!!

Thank you..

I've had really mixed results using any modified apk not built from source..One nightly it works the next it doesnt..Since cm9 became official its been pretty good at working so far.

If one of you could attach your mms.apk from your latest nightly I'll build that one trans and see if it works for you.

Sent from my GT-N7000

slapshot591

Aug 24, 2010
Washington D.C.
Thank you..

I've had really mixed results using any modified apk not built from source..One nightly it works the next it doesnt..Since cm9 became official its been pretty good at working so far.

If one of you could attach your mms.apk from your latest nightly I'll build that one trans and see if it works for you.

Sent from my GT-N7000

I attached the default Mms.apk

I'd also like to second I love your themes! You do a great job.

http://db.tt/jZYgLd0K link for mms.apk

Raiderman

May 27, 2010
Nampa, ID USA
I'm running paranoid unofficial June 25th, and this isn't working for me either. I sure would love it though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Can one of you attach Mms.apk from your latest cm9 nightly

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well one of the things I hate most is the ugly white in the MMS.apk..Of all the silly options like weather in pulldown etc thats included in CM9/AOKP I was hoping we could at least get a black background option but I guess its more important to see what temp it is outside or to toggle your swagger on/off.

So if you're tired of the ugly white MMS.apk thats clearly neglected then I have the mod for you. This is a transparent modded MMS.apk that is build off travp624's new Mms.apk which combines the best of cm9 and AOKP.

I hope you enjoy this..Just flash the zip in recovery or manually push the apk.

Thanks Section
    killabyte at Rootzwiki for his guide because without it I wouldn't have been able to do it.

travp624 at rootzwiki for his new MMS base to use..He did a great job of combinging the best options of cm9 and AOKP.

I decompiled, recompiled, signed your apk. Works fine on FJ's AOSP rom. Just download place in system/app. Change permissions and rename mms to mms .bak.

http://db.tt/JvXZzH2i

Sent from my Great White Note
    Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah. I always reboot after setting any theme. The error popped up maybe 3-4 diff times yesterday after setting your theme..from this thread. So yeah. It did pop up after a reboot. I have not seen it yet today. Will report back. I know my friend who is on same rom and same phone had the error too...i think ..she may have one from mkt....not sure on that.

EDIT: She has the one from mkt.

So. I deff like the trans dialer and sms so i assume to get updates here?

Thank you :)

I usually have to set the theme....any theme ...twice in order for the wp to pick up...

Let me know if anything changes..I havent had any other reports so far of this.

You can always find the latest Mixer JB ONLY below

http://goo.im/devs/MrDSL/Mixer JB Only

When I was flashing it said my phone is now awesome. That it is sir. And packed with the jb only theme you posted it is an awesome beast. Thank you. I am on the newest pa if that helps anyone.

Just a fyi...if you're running any cm10 based ROM thats been merged with the latest changes in the past 2 days then you no longer need to flash the trans MMS if you're running Mixer JB ONLY because the theme will already make MMS transparent ;)
    Just an fyi. Since installing this theme from this thread (not mkt) i have gotten a pop up several times saying something like system process has stopped. Then i think three options. Wait, ok, and i think ignore..sorry not sure. I can edit my post and tell u for sure.

OP, wonder if u are around and can answer my question. Seems that the mixer theme posted in this thread is a diff version than mkt. Which one is more current? According to version number seems thread version is newer????

Thank you...love the theme!

Sent from my SGH-I717 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

do you get this error even after a reboot? its not abnormal to have apps FC when changing themes. Now if they are FC'ing after a reboot then there may be a problem. Can you confirm?

The market Mixer and Mixer JB are pretty much exactly the same except the JB one has transparent dialer/contacts/mms which is only supported in JB.

Other then that they should be the same.. I didn't want to put trans dialer/contacts/mms in the Play version because anyone who is on ICS would have that stuff broken. Most users are still on ICS for the most part.
    OP updated with popup link text color fix.

http://d-h.st/lUd