|July 4|RAPH| .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-|Energy| 21916|29022 - Sense 2019 / 2.1 / Titanium

Search This thread

minuszero

Feb 26, 2008
whitingnet.co.uk
Same problem here. Turns out that CustomRUU can not run from any folder containing special characters in the name (like £ / or %). Guessing when you unzipped you kept the default name from the HotFiles download (EnergyROM%20RAPHAEL%2020090906%20Standard) for the folder.

Just so happened when you copied the nhb to the other folder it had no % in the name so it worked :) Rename the download something simple (like energyrom.zip) before you unzip it to save any problems on Windows 7.

Dunno if this is limited to Windows 7 or not...

Guys,

Not sure if is helps anyone but I only have Windows 7 as a desktop now and needed a way to flash to the latest EnergyROM. I found the the download in this thread was not working, the CustomRUU was crashing on start no matter what I tried, even compatibility mode. On accident I downloaded an EnergyROM for Rhodium and strangely found that while the image itself was for the wrong phone the CustomRUU actually ran just fine on Windows 7. So, in the Rhodium ROM folder I renamed RHODIMG.nbh.old, copied the RAPHIMG.nbh file into this Rhodium folder and ran CustomRUU. It ran like a champ put my phone into bootloader and updated my ROM from Windows 7. I did have to have the windows mobile device center running and connected t my phone first.

Hope this is useful for someone.

Last edited:

izas

Jun 7, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
EnergyRom Genesis.

I love the rom..really.
If it can come with the "ok", & home button at the bottom....it will be great. As it is easier to control compare to the top "ok" that is too small.

I have try almost all Rom, but Genesis & Warhawk is THE BEST.

Great work.

Dec 25, 2007
same thing I was thinking

I had the exact same problem, I noticed that I was still using the stock radio that came with the phone from the factory. I updated to the recommended radio on the first page of this post and everything is working perfectly.

yes that what I was thinking too but I couldn't find the radio that worked. The ones I found where cab files. when I downloaded that to my phone and restarted it didn't have that radio on their it had the stock radio.

Decer

Jan 7, 2008
Easton
Confirmation Number: 62325053YM8308158

Thanks again for all your hard work, love these roms and look forward to the next release (and hopefully TP2 roms when I can get one!)

bliind

Jan 28, 2009
Hamden, CT
yes that what I was thinking too but I couldn't find the radio that worked. The ones I found where cab files. when I downloaded that to my phone and restarted it didn't have that radio on their it had the stock radio.

You were probably downloading the matching rilphone for the radio you wanted, and not the actual radio, which should be an nbh..

There's a good radio repository thread in this forum that should have both available for download.

AdamiX

May 24, 2009
Bratislava
How can i just shut display off? not to sleep, just display turn off and another thinks like wifi or gps will be on :)

In ShutXP which was in prewious version of EnergyROM it works good but now with this slide2shutdown i cant do it

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
hey nrgz. do you think you could use this version of contact card next rom? it gives you the option to logout of facebook and to make your status update straight from the contact card. thanks

scotchua

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 10, 2007
Ketchikan, Alaska
www.scotchua.com
Okay, so i'm having a problem with my tmail.exe, and hopefully someone can help me out. I"ve searched high and low, and have been unable to figure out the cause of this issue.

What Happens:

1) connect to my computer via activesync (don't seem to have the problem on Windows 7 WMDC)
2) For email I use an exchange server and seven. When connected to my computer I use Efficasoft Mobile Express to send/receive text messages.
3) I disconnect my phone from the computer and suddenly I lose all sound from my emails and text messages. They still arrive and give me the on screen alert. If I click on manilla then it takes me to the built in contact interface, but I cannot open the tmail.exe for texts or email. I am forced to kill tmail.exe and then restart it again.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. I had this problem on an older build of WM 6.5, but haven't had it for awhile. Was never able to figure it out, but it just stopped happening during one of my flashes. Now it is back and haunting my dreams :)

I finally figured out that my issues were being caused by Outlook Enhancements. Once I disabled it, no more issues with disappearing notifications sounds. Apparently i'm the only person suffering from the issue, but i suffer no more and wanted to give an update.

ndn715

Nov 7, 2006
Seattle
the rom is amazing but one issue i get excessive slowdown in sending and recieving sms sometimes..often leading to a soft reset..not sure what it is but sometimes its bogs down conisderable not sure whats causing it.

im curious about this as well... i was wondering if i installed something strange, but i've hardreset and only done PIM backup and it does the same thing (hang for a long time after closing a threaded SMS chat)...

anyone else? any ideas?

awesome ROM NRGZ, just a manila 2.5 version now :) i'll consider it a personal challenge to remove 2.1 and inject 2.5, but i don't think i have the skillz.... :)

Jdilla

Nov 30, 2008
San Francisco
im curious about this as well... i was wondering if i installed something strange, but i've hardreset and only done PIM backup and it does the same thing (hang for a long time after closing a threaded SMS chat)...

anyone else? any ideas?

awesome ROM NRGZ, just a manila 2.5 version now :) i'll consider it a personal challenge to remove 2.1 and inject 2.5, but i don't think i have the skillz.... :)

Ill confirm this also, but with different roms and builds as well. Its wierd. The lag issue could be radio/network related. I dunno, thats kind of a shot in the dark but.... anyone else??

rootlinux

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Cleveland
youtube.com
Ill confirm this also, but with different roms and builds as well. Its wierd. The lag issue could be radio/network related. I dunno, thats kind of a shot in the dark but.... anyone else??

Ditto on that but let me ask you this.
Does it do it just on the winmo sms or on Manila as well?
Mine does it sometimes but only while viewing threaded SMS with standard winmo view.
Manila works perfect.

Jdilla

Nov 30, 2008
San Francisco
Ditto on that but let me ask you this.
Does it do it just on the winmo sms or on Manila as well?
Mine does it sometimes but only while viewing threaded SMS with standard winmo view.
Manila works perfect.

I wouldnt say perfect. Manila has always lagged to a certain extent, which has gotten way better over time, but the winmo version is defenitly the culprit with this one. I agree

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
I finally figured out that my issues were being caused by Outlook Enhancements. Once I disabled it, no more issues with disappearing notifications sounds. Apparently i'm the only person suffering from the issue, but i suffer no more and wanted to give an update.

Was that also the cause of your messaging not opening up also? Reason I ask is I posted a few pages back about the same concern of not being able to randomly not be able to get into the messaging app after disconnecting my phone from activesync. I use Seven for email also, so maybe thats the problem?

scotchua

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 10, 2007
Ketchikan, Alaska
www.scotchua.com
Was that also the cause of your messaging not opening up also? Reason I ask is I posted a few pages back about the same concern of not being able to randomly not be able to get into the messaging app after disconnecting my phone from activesync. I use Seven for email also, so maybe thats the problem?

Yes, that was the same problem. No more issue with it after disabling the Outlook Enhancement. On the newest build of WM6.5 it seemed to actually break the "send" button for the sms window too. All my SMS/email issues went away after removing it. I can't take credit for figuring it out, i was just reading in development and hacking where Leo posted that it was what caused different SMS troubles, I just applied it to my problem :) Never really liked the "reply all" being default anyway

Last edited:

pawel_i

Jul 7, 2009
Lock screen

Is any possibility to change positions elements on lock screen?
I want have a unlock button down of the screen like in last ROM?

vranikx

Dec 19, 2007
Bratislava-Petrzalka
hi, sorry for stupid post, but I cannot find some answers...

first: in which file are stored start menu folder icons? i want to change some icons in start menu shortcuts but cannot find them :(

second: i am using background for all pages, it is working fine but want to have manila homescreen`s elements in another positions. date at topbar etc.
look at the picture:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9

first: in which file are stored start menu folder icons? i want to change some icons in start menu shortcuts but cannot find them :(

second: i am using background for all pages, it is working fine but want to have manila homescreen`s elements in another positions. date at topbar etc.
look at the picture:

The first one I cant really help with as each Cook is diff but you could start looking here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start

and the second look HERE

McAndrew73

Jun 2, 2009

Hi.
You must use a program like total commander or file explorer.
Then go to:
Mydevice-> windows->start menu -> programs

From there you can add shortcuts or move them arund folders.
bye

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) device.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs about twice a week, as new builds come down the pipe or as new software/updates are available.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• The 21916 Build which is the most reliable, fast and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner just like a stock ROM. I recommend you start with this first! :)

• The 29022 Build that's the latest in the 6.5.X series with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys. These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. These are also much more finger friendly throughout.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
    I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM.

To follow me on twitter, click here!

If you own an European\Asian Touch PRO, use the "Keyboard Selector" application under Utilities > Tweaks (after you flash the ROM) to select the "Pro" keyboard layout. The ROM comes with the american AT&T Fuze layout enabled by default.

This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed, however it's still in 'beta'. Cookie 1.8.5 is considered the less complicated and stable build for now.

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc
    _LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

Sense%20Home%20Cookie.png
    Sense%20Email.png
    Sense%20Music.png
    Sense%20Settings.png
    Sense%20Facebook.png
    Sense%20CallHistory.png

Start%20Menu.png
    Start%20Menu%20Settings.png
    Start%20Menu%20Settings%20System.png
    Start%20Menu%20Internet.png
    Start%20Menu%20Tools.png

Dialer.png
    Email.png
    Messaging.png
    Lockscreen.png

nrgenergize.png

List of installed applications

Games

• Bubble Breaker
    • Solitaire
    • Teeter
    GPS

• Digital Compass
    • QuickGPS
    • Google Maps
    • HTC GPSTool
    • ChartCross GPS Test
    Internet

• Opera 9.7
    • Jbed Java
    • RSS Hub
    • Remote Desktop
    • A couple of widgets for ROM Updates
    • MSN Messenger and Windows Live
    • Barnes Noble eReader
    • Facebook
    • Palringo
    • Windows Live
    • Messenger
    • Bing
    • Send and Receive All
    • Data Controller
    Multimedia

• Audio Booster
    • FM Radio
    • MP3 Trimmer
    • Voice Recorder
    • YouTube
    • TCPMP
    • InCall Recording
    Office Mobile

• Full suite of Office Mobile 2010
    Tools

• BsB Tweaks
    • Flashlight
    • Lock Device
    • Microsoft MyPhone
    • Registry Editor
    • PIM Backup
    • FDC TaskManager
    • Wifi Router
    • XDA UC
    • My own Settings Exporter tool
    • Shake and Save (screenshot app)
    • Wifi Monster
    • Wifi Router (internet sharing app)
    • tBattery
    On the Start Menu

• Backlight control app
    • Total Commander
    • Rotate Screen (by clicking icon or by pushing down Send key)
    • Windows Marketplace

ROM features at a glance:

• Very fast startup time. You won't find any startup wizards in this ROM. You'll be up and running in a couple minutes after flashing the ROM and ready to go. No need to spend time to set everything up.

• XDA_UC is built in. It will import your custom XML and REG files from your storage card after first boot.

• My own Settings Exporter application is found in the Tools folder. Use it to export all your settings after you customize the device. When a new ROM comes down the line, use it to import everything and save time.

• Everything is setup to use the phone right after flashing. Sounds, notifications, all options, etc

• The HTC Messaging client is removed, leaving the windows built SMS client for much faster texting, but still able to use a nicely skinned Sense text messaging app with "iphone style" messaging bubbles.
    EnergyStandard.png

'Standard' ROMs that have no addons installed on the homescreen. Stock Sense 2.5 !

'Energy'

• This series retains the stock functionality of the Sense UI. The files have been compressed by "CFC" compression. making the UI lighter and faster
    • This ROM still retains my theme and style, plus all the regular apps you find in my ROMs.
    • There are no homescreen addon-ons in this ROM. The best speed and the most stock functionality.

MaxSense.png
    Titanium.png

MaxSense UI (android style homescreen)

• This is a complete rewrite of the Sense homescreen, by maxycy.
    • It features a 3 screen, Android style, homescreen with widgets! The widgets can be placed ANYWHERE on the three screens.
    • 75 Quicklink accessible on all tabs
    • You should really visit the original thread for this mod shown on the next line to see all the features!
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <.
    Titanium (ROMs for raw speed!)

• This is a minimal ROM version without Sense in it. It's used primarily for people that like to customize the default 6.5 homescreen (Titanium)
    • You can use it to install alternate homescreen interfaces like SPB Mobile Shell, etc
    • Very low memory footprint and good battery life, but very simple and lacks a lot of features that you would otherwise have available in Sense...

Click the following link for addons, XDA_UC help and various cabs specific to this ROM series

Camera / G-Sensor Issue

In the Rhodium, I found that HTCSensorSDK.dll was missing in both the December 11th and December 13th ROMs.

I found this by running depends.exe on Camera.exe.

I saw that HTCSensorSDK.dll was a dependency.

Since there were also G-Sensor issue, it seemed like a likely cause.

I uploaded my December 5th version of that file. A user applied it.

The Camera started working.

That particular file might not be compatible with the Raphael, so I recommend someone look at the last ROM where the camera worked. backup HTCSensorSDK.dll from the windows folder.

Flash the latest ROM. Then copy the backed up file to the windows folder.

If it works, then zip it up and upload it.

Hope this helps. If it does, please remember the Thanks button.