trying to turn on USB Debug not through the Firmware...question

Search This thread

dankduke

Jul 16, 2013
so i have bootloader open and I want to turn on USB Debugging. I dont have access to the firmware since i am trying to flash the TWRP Recovery.

How can I turn this on so I can complete the flash, setup the root and be on my way?

Please help!

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere
so i have bootloader open and I want to turn on USB Debugging. I dont have access to the firmware since i am trying to flash the TWRP Recovery.

How can I turn this on so I can complete the flash, setup the root and be on my way?

Please help!

You don't need USB debug on to flash recovery, you need to use fastboot commands not adb.

First boot into bootloader and then connect device to PC. Next open a command prompt in the folder you have adb.exe and fastboot.exe in. Now type

fastboot devices (hit enter)

This Should show your devices serial number. If it does then you need to rename your twrp IMG file to twrp.img then move it same folder that has fastboot.exe. now type

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (hit enter)

This should flash twrp to your device. Now boot into recovery and choose reboot then choose system. It should ask if you want to fix root, chose yes.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Sent from my A500 using xda app-developers app

Last edited: