[Q] How do you keep yourself content with your Note 3?

Search This thread

droidian1441

Sep 17, 2011
Christiansburg
Hey there.

So I honestly am pretty bored with the Note 3. Maybe it's because I've come from phones with ROMs out the rear end to flash or it could be where I don't do anything too special with my phone (homescreen setups, themes, etc).

I flash ROMs and all that, but I still find myself bored with the phone.

So I ask, if you were ever bored with your phone, without moving to a different device, how did you get yourself content with your device again?

--Sam

Reactions: xterra91

Tada10

Feb 19, 2013
To be content with my Note 3 first I had to be thankful I even own one. Just like anything I own. Be happy with what you got because some people are happy to just have water.

I had to work really hard to get anything I suppose just gives me a different perspective in things.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

beepea206

Mar 18, 2011
Nova Launcher helps break the stock monotony for me. I'm a serial rommer, so we'll see how long it takes me to get mad with not romming my Note. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

droidian1441

Sep 17, 2011
Christiansburg
To be content with my Note 3 first I had to be thankful I even own one. Just like anything I own. Be happy with what you got because some people are happy to just have water.

I had to work really hard to get anything I suppose just gives me a different perspective in things.

Thank you for that.

Reactions: Tada10

jjewell

Jun 14, 2012
bangor pa
Continually checking to see if the bootloader has been unlocked so I can finally run cm11 on what should be a rocket ship of a phone but isn't. Because samsung.

Reactions: Zueski

mexiking713

Sep 2, 2010
Houston, TX
Im content just to have such a bad ass phone that can haddle pretty much and app or game I throw at it. I had the Note 2 for a year and then i switched to the HTC One. It was an awesome phone with awesome sound but I missed the big screen. My note 3 is stock rooted and I love it. I install a new clock widget every now and then but my phone is mostly stock. All I need is Kit Kat.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 ?

lmike6453

Dec 17, 2010
Eagleville PA
Continually checking to see if the bootloader has been unlocked so I can finally run cm11 on what should be a rocket ship of a phone but isn't. Because samsung.

Don't you mean "because Verizon"?
But yeah, other things that keep me content with my phone besides gaming is Xposed MODs, and SNote for keeping score for Spades in real life...making use of it as "useful" rather than "playful"

Gwartan

Mar 14, 2006
Pittsburgh
II picked up a dev edition in dec, Which I have replaced with a retail. I'm still learning how to best use all the features. Like i just learned how to use the Pen Window today.

I also found a Sansung translation app for written and speech. Was having a blast with this and a Spanish speaking friend. He was speaking to his relative that knew very little English. Well he would start speaking in Spanish to his relative then started steering the conversation to saying stuff about me. He signaled to start recording at one point. When his relative responded he signaled stop, then i played it back in English for me. Well i put on a "shocked face" at what was said, then preceded to record and "Angry" response back and have the translator cuse him out in Spanish. :highfive:

Vudu - Allows me to easily access and watch my collection if I happen to be stuck with nothing to do away. The larger screen also make it more enjoyable.

Music - I love the Adapt Sound. I believe also on the S4. It's basically a hearing test built into the phone, that adjusts the audio after it is complete specifically for your headset and ears. Makes my music on the phone a lot nicer to listen to. :) Also helps to have a large collection to rotate through.

Specific Apps
Remote control for LG TVs - I can control the TV using the phone and not have to reach for or look for the remote. ;) Oh and it can take a snapshot of what's on the screen ATM. Great for sharing stuff with family & friends.

TiVo Remote - Manage most features of my TiVo without having to move into the menus on the TV.

Next launcher. Allows me to change the look occasionally.

jjewell

Jun 14, 2012
bangor pa
Don't you mean "because Verizon"?
But yeah, other things that keep me content with my phone besides gaming is Xposed MODs, and SNote for keeping score for Spades in real life...making use of it as "useful" rather than "playful"

haha! That too. But because samsung for building touchwiz that can sometimes still suck up all 2.3 gb of available ram.

Tada10

Feb 19, 2013
Wanted to add movies are awesome in the bed and bathroom especially lol in my Note 3.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

siciliano777

Nov 5, 2013
Next launcher and xposed (with plenty of modules installed). Those two things combined offer so much customization your head will spin. With next launcher it's so easy to swap out different things... like change all folder icons, and then change the dock background.

I'm only rooted - still rockin the stock ROM and have no desire to flash a ROM.

ginger man

Jan 4, 2013
I pick up my galaxy nexus and have to squint. This makes me run back to this phone.

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
While we do have some great devs on here, overall development is pretty thin with the locked bootloader. But what we have is pretty nice. Mix in xposed, a good home replacement launcher, and an icon pack or two... This phone is still pretty sweet.

<Note3>

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nova Launcher helps break the stock monotony for me. I'm a serial rommer, so we'll see how long it takes me to get mad with not romming my Note. Lol

Hey there.

So I honestly am pretty bored with the Note 3. Maybe it's because I've come from phones with ROMs out the rear end to flash or it could be where I don't do anything too special with my phone (homescreen setups, themes, etc).

I flash ROMs and all that, but I still find myself bored with the phone.

So I ask, if you were ever bored with your phone, without moving to a different device, how did you get yourself content with your device again?

--Sam
    I am fairly content but am waiting for the note 4.
    Master Tasker