[Modifying]A10 Chinese 2 DIN Car Audio WinCE6+Android 4.x.x with "GIBROID"

Search This thread

flaconuevo

Mar 22, 2016
DVD GPS 2DIN CHino WIN CE 6.0 problem

I imported from China this radio and after two years has this fault, which I guess is software problem, not the key combination is used to a hard reset, or if you must reinstall the operating system, in any case I do not have the recovery files. I searched the Internet worldwide and do not know how I could solve my problem.
When only lights stays on the logo and the bar reaches 99% and off.

8 inch screen
Windows CE 6.0
800x480
ARM11
dISPLAY 16:9
Touch Screen, Steering Wheel Control, RDS, GPS, SD/USB Support,Subwoofer Output, iPod, Built-in Bluetooth FOR TOYOTA COROLLA 2013
SPANISH
This method could solve the problem. Please any help would appreciate it very much. Greetings from Peru.

unknown2016

Apr 9, 2016
hi, i`m using the latest version of GIBROID , I have problems with exit applications not find the back button , exit, home etc , I need some advice

bersem

Jan 19, 2014
hello,
can i flash this to nand caravn_4.0.4_776.500mb. bluetooth1. the problem is android stucks on bootlogo.

Is the caravn_4.0.4_776.500mb file the firmware without the android ROM or firmware with android ROM because it is small file.

Model: N708

build number: caravn_4.0.4_776_RGB_20130801

thanks in advance !

regards

thi747

May 5, 2016
Well,
Which one is actually working?
I tried once with Caravn 4.0.4-776 500mb With bluetooth but only got a black screen. Is it normal? Takes time to load?

Decided to give it another try but have already downloaded twice from different computers and networks and it came corrupted.

If this one works can somebody please share the file once again?
Else, can anyone tell me which one should I download?
This turbobit doesn't even let me download it at work... And takes too much time at home

Please?

figul

Feb 14, 2011
Hey .
The size of the installation file from the software Caravn 4.0.4-776 are about 311, 309 mb. Follow this link for forum 4PDA. You can download the firmware to install: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=507484&st=80. The first topic - Автомобильные устройства 2DIN (WinCE + Android Allwinner A10) в теме обсуждаються только ГУ на Allwinner A10 !!! . This is all described.
Good luck.

marlow925

Sep 3, 2012
Athlone
I have the single DIN version of these units. Got it running on the SDCard.

Tried to flash to the NAND yet, but that didn't work. I left it about an hour with the PhoenixCard flashed firmware in it. Unfortunatly the unit is not showing a status bar.

/M

figul

Feb 14, 2011
I have the single DIN version of these units. Got it running on the SDCard.

Tried to flash to the NAND yet, but that didn't work. I left it about an hour with the PhoenixCard flashed firmware in it. Unfortunatly the unit is not showing a status bar.

/M

Hi.
Preferable to try to see the settings. As you can not, it's preferable to try another version of the download: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=507484&st=8980.

ПРОШИВКА ДЛЯ Allwinner A10 (apollo TVbox sun4i-crane ядро ​​3.0.8+ озу 1024. увеличены разделы system и date) https://yadi.sk/d/RKVjtRFJYiE4f
*caravn_4.0.4_776_20130411 модуль связи 1.5rc5 - sun4i_crane_3g_yho_car_776_6.img
caravn_4.0.4_776_7_20130801
caravn_4.0.4_776_20130411 модифицированная - скачать - описание модификаций
caravn_4.0.4_RGB_20130801 модифицированная - описание и скачивание
caravn_4.0.4_bluetooth модифицированная - Ссыка для скачивания
appolo_tvbox_4.0.4_IMM76D модуль связи 2.1.4 - sun4i_crane_tvbox_yho_v1.7.img, зеркало.
Install "PhoenixCard." Preferable to try different versions of Android NAND. It can either be good. I have a system I installed maxima 15 minutes. Good luck

Testar2

Nov 14, 2016
The old problem - for a new member at xda

Apolllo Tv is another build in short, Serg090909 gived us the choice to launch the "Caravn" build, or the Apollo Build at first start till you choose to boot only one of both. Clean launcher parameters to take a look at apollo UI.

I just reported the very good work done by Serg090909 and i'm glad i'm not the only "french-english and others" to enjoy his work.
Believe me, it's a pain in the ass to traduce russian to english for a french :p..

Of course you can expend the partition, i'll post more about this and making own builds.

And about a surprise i'm preparing for the WinCe part....... :angel:
To be Continued..

Hello,

I am new here and have a used car with a road veles car radio (1 DIN). It works well, exept the android part with the gps. Android is in a boot loop and doesn't react anymore. Also I have no idea about the original SD card.
Now I have found some good looking informations here in the forum (gratulations for your and Sergeys work). Trying to download the different part of GIBROID for the Sd-card I don't find 26.11.2014 part 3 of 4
or 11.01.2014 Part 3 on Turbobit.net.
So I can't go forward to build an SD-card GIBROID. I have no idea what to do and the informations here in the thread are so many, for different radio types, in partly different languages that I decided to go back to the origin first and ask you if you can help me.
I am just looking for a simple solution to bring the android part of the radio back to live to use the gps and apps as far as possible. I would like to get more space by a 32GB Sd-card.
And: I am not an expert with android, Sd-cards and so on. Is there anywhere a simple explanation what to do?

Thanks in advance!:confused:

Testar2

Nov 14, 2016
Searching for help - Erisin 8300

Hello,
I bought a used car with the 1DIN Erisin ES8300. But the SD-card is lost and therefore the android/navigation doesn't work anymore. This device is not very common in Germany and so I need some help.
Could you please help me with some advice where I can get the original SD-Software and how I can start the Android.
The device is hanging in a bootloop. I searched in the WEB and I have found some hints, but all where more for experts. I don't understand Russisch and have no deeper knowledge of Androis. Finally it was not possible to download Gibroid as described here (part 3 is missing, another edition also a part is missing on turbobyte. I would be very thankful if I could get some help. Regards!:confused:

bogasy

Dec 16, 2014
Hello,
I bought a used car with the 1DIN Erisin ES8300. But the SD-card is lost and therefore the android/navigation doesn't work anymore. This device is not very common in Germany and so I need some help.
Could you please help me with some advice where I can get the original SD-Software and how I can start the Android.
The device is hanging in a bootloop. I searched in the WEB and I have found some hints, but all where more for experts. I don't understand Russisch and have no deeper knowledge of Androis. Finally it was not possible to download Gibroid as described here (part 3 is missing, another edition also a part is missing on turbobyte. I would be very thankful if I could get some help. Regards!:confused:

https://yadi.sk/d/o2D2VmxnFpMp8

Testar2

Nov 14, 2016
A little help more please?

Thank you for the Link! I have made an account at yadi.sk and downloaded the zip-file.

But:confused: - I have read the most of this theme here in the forum, but I haven't really understood what I have to do.
It is sometimes also a language problem.
I am not very familiar with Android also, and so I can only copy the software on to an micro Sd card. But is that enough???
Can you shortly describe the steps I have to do please.

I am thankful for your help and hope you can help me to bring this to an successful end.

Thank you!;)

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

There are two possibilities for Android in the form of "GIBROID" and is on the micro SD card (I recommend at least 10GB.) and 2-able, upload system ANDROID permanent (quietly enough 2GB) or to load into memory NANAD and you have to upload to the card using " Phoenixcard ". Read previous posts. Link to download Firmware -

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your help!

But - I have read the most of this theme here in the forum, but I haven't really understood what I have to do.
It is sometimes also a language problem. Even so I am not very familiar with Android.

Could you shortly explain me the steps I have to to or where I can find a simple description for it please?.

I am thankful for your help and hope you can help me to bring this to an successful end.

Regards and thankyou:eek:

figul

Feb 14, 2011
Hi. The "GIBROID" was written by the Russians, and it is a project that must be transferred to the card MICRO SDHC (preferably over 10GB and as soon as possible CLASS). The system works (when inserted in GPS radio) with this card, you can write to her music and other APK. That's why you need a higher capacity. After removing the card
radio returns to the previous state.
- The second version is Android, which load both on the card can be 500MB, using "Phoenixcard." And Android is installed on the permanent memory NANAD and it works the radio. You can try when the original system fails or want to enrich with bluetooth. Maybe more at the beginning of the topic.

bogasy

Dec 16, 2014
samone plz help me

:( Hi
I have screen car 2 system WinCE6+Android 4.0
the android not working hang it on screen boot

I try GIBROID but is come black screen

its n708

Attachments

• IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1530.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 556

mali85

Jan 1, 2011
HI

The SD card I bought is a Kingston SDC4/32GB-AMZ - microSD 32 GB (class 4), I used the GIBROID-4G-11012014.img instead. I tested the new one too, but I prefer the old one, doesn't ask why. ;)
I followed the steps from the first post:
On a Windows 7 I installed Win32 Disk Imager, I put the SD into and detected as normal, then I selected the img file and write. When finished, I closed Win32 imager.
Also installed the mini tool partition wizard. I saw all partitions on my sd (you can see the caravn and apollo partitions), then I selected the last one called UDISK and then expand it, I selected the whole unused area and expand the UDISK partition to max. Then apply and the internal storage was expanded to use the full SD. Extract safe the SD
Next step is to bring the SD to the car-audio GPS slot. Switch on and I saw the green screen again, then after a while logo changed and start the caravn and I got the calibration screen. Once calibrated, I got the Android running on Rusian and I changed to English.
And that's all, now to configure apps, and load new ones.

I hope It helps. :laugh:
Cheers

Hi,

I did all the steps listed and when i click on NAVI I get option to assign navigation path which there is no folders or file

marianoroch

Jan 3, 2015
Hi
Are you sure that you have the mixed win & android radio set? . By your words I see that your radio doesn't conmute with NAVI key from WIN to Android.

Greetings

christiandll

Apr 5, 2017
Links for the archives

Hello, I have the ERISIN Navi in my Zafira and it turns out it is bootlooping,
could you please post the links for the download again.

Unfortunately not all archives are still available after all those years.

You would do me a great favor and I would be able to use Navi again!!

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all

I want to present you the work done by Serg090909 on the 2 Din Chinese Car audio system many people begin to use.

This sort of Car audio use WinCe 6.0 for Radio/TV/BT and the Android part for GPS and everything android can handle.

I only found information about modification in russian language by this famous guy i want to thanks gratefuly : Serg090909.

He made possible to boot from Sd-Card new builds (apollo tvbox and caravn776 build) for this sort of car audio and called it "GIBROID".

With this way, you don't touch at the Nands and don't damage your system.
    Insert back your original Sd-Card to boot normally, nothing is replaced in the nands when you switch to your GIBROID Sd-Card

Work has been done to backup your nand and write nand again, but for end users GIBROID from Sd-Card is a better thing and the easiest way to do.

You can find the link here :

New Serg090909 2014 Build at 26 november 2014 :

Part 1 of 4
    Part 2 of 4
    Part 3 of 4
    Part 4 of 4

New Update at 3 december 2014 :

Caravn 4.0.4-776 500mb No bluetooth
    Caravn 4.0.4-776 500mb With bluetooth

GIBROID 11 January 2014 Old Build

Part 1 of 3
    Part 2 of 3
    Part 3 of 3

GIBROID 01 November 2013 Old build

Part 1 of 8
    Part 2 of 8
    Part 3 of 8
    Part 4 of 8
    Part 5 of 8
    Part 6 of 8
    Part 7 of 8
    Part 8 of 8

Video of GIBROID switching apollo tvbox to caravn776 build
    UPLOADING, link available later today

Other needed files

A10 Backup sh
    A10 Repack
    Restore Backup
    Adb Rom Backup A10 A13
    Extract Dump from native firmware
    PhoenixSuit
    Switch Apollo Caravan

I 'll post pictures and updates to this thread and if anybody is interested in helping me reporting in English the continuous work of Serg090909 you are welcome to participate and report results here.

Thank you and have happy tests.

To readers : Respect the rules of XDA Forums and don't link to warez sites where you could found information about this
    To moderators : Could it be possible to give me the right to post hyperlink or if not possible i'll wait 10 posts ;)
    To Serg090909 : I don't speak russian and Google translations are not easy so if you want to help here you'll be my guest star ;)

HOW TO :

Install GIBROID on Sd-Card :

- Use Win32 Disk Imager (sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager) to Format Sd-Card and write "GIBROID-4G-11012014.img".

This image is 4g space. You can use max 32g Sd-Card, but since this operation use all the space of the Sd card you are invited to expand the rest of the Sd-card space for User space

- Use MiniTool® Partition Wizard Home Edition 8.1.1 (partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html) to expand the Sd-Card space.

- Place your GIBROID Sd-card inside the GPS Slot and keep safely your original Sd-Card.

Screenshots to Switch from Apollo to Caravn :
    See (Screenshots) Switch from Apollo to Caravn.rar Attachments

Backup/Write Nand for "experts" :

Dump to the Sd-Card
    - Download the script a10-Backup-SH (See Attachments). Copy it in the root of the SD card
    - Install SU and Android Terminal Emulator with Play Store
    - Run the terminal and see the operating system prompt a dollar sign ($)
    - Type su and press Enter
    - Type cd/mnt/extsd
    - Type sh a10-backup.sh all

Restore Dump
    See "Restore Dump" attachments

Compatibility List :
    Klyde KD-7200d
    Erisin
    N708
    Post your models

Hints :
    Not related to GIBROID, this sort of car audio have a Hidden Menu in WinCE6 Part.

Hidden Menu :
    - Go to settings
    - Press 1357 with the remote controller
    - Tadaaa !

Credits and Thanks all goes to Serg090909 and all the peoples involved in explanations, informations and helps.
    my n708 stock in android sometimes its turnig on some times its stuck in logo android some one to help me regards... to fix the problem

Hi Virusen18

The big problem on this units is that the android system is not well shutdown when you power off the device. This causes that the internal android memory is becoming corrupted and finally the android get stuck on his boot.

On this thread, Serg created a wonderful compilation to work on a SD card to run the android out of the internal memory of the device. In my personal view and experience this compilation made that my device born again and it's safe its operation.

You can read back the thread and if you have any problem you can ask for help here again.

Cheers
    Help Please - unbranded N708 car radio

I think that this thread is dead. I hope I`m wrong, since is the only one that deals with firmware for the device I have.

I tried to connect my laptop to the head unit and flash the firmware to nand but i failed.
    What I did:
    1) power off unit
    2) connect laptop to USB OTG where the wifi dongle is, using a male-male usb cable.
    3) power on unit holding menu and volume knob pressed.
    4) screen goes black and stays there.
    5) computer detects nothing.

Possible causes:
    My android system is beyond repair ( I don't think this could be the problem, since it boots perfectly with gibroid on SD card)
    too many extensions for usb cable. 1from the back of the unit to the dashboard and then the "male-male" usb cable...
    Many many other of which I have absolutely no Idea.

In addition to this, livesuit tells me that gibroid image is not valid.

Any ideas?

Cabezalimon can you help me?

I tried to install the GIBROID image in a microsd card according to the procedure (at least as far as I can understand them). I downloaded the image, formatted the sd card with SDFormatter and installed it with diskimager and then checked it with MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition.

Everything seems to me to be Ok, the problem is that when i put it in the GPS slot of the device and turn it on, all I see is a black screen blinking...

Do you think you can help me.

The specs of my stereo are:

Android
    Baseband version - 1.4
    Kernel 3.08+
    ccfrom@unbutu #491
    Build version - caravn_4.0.4_776_RGB_20130801

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
    Norvati
    so if i put serges rom on a minisd and put it in the GPS slot, it may try to work for me? If it doesnt, its not actually overwriting anything internal, is that correct? so to recover all i need to do is put the origional gps sd back in and reboot?

It won't overwrite anything, so you could certainly try.
    Hi guys, I'm having some problems that I hope some of you knowledgeable people may be able to help out with. I bought this Klyde KD-6952 Android/Win CE car DVD (N708) last year and it worked fine for a bit, then the Android side crashed, now I get a boot loop error and when the Android OS comes up it says “the process.com.android.phone has stopped”, and when I click anywhere on the screen it goes back into the boot loop and error again. I tried hard resetting and same thing. So I looked into Gibroid here and I was really excited to try it.

I took a 16gb Sandsik SD card and popped it in my Windows & PC. Windows told me to format so I did.

I downloaded the December update img. file with bluetooth (was thinking I’d try the no bt tonight) and also downloaded Win32DiskImager (WD32DI). I attempted to write the .img to the corresponding drive E: in W32DI, it was the only allowable drive that W32DI would let me write it to… it took some time, showed a progress screen, eventually said write successful! I was optimistic at that point.

The SD card still showed up on my PC as empty, and I also downloaded MiniPartitionTool (MPT) and it said it was empty, no partitions, no contents, nothing... So I didn’t do anything here, I was dumfounded, but I took the card and inserted it into my car’s SD slot anyway to see what would happen. It ran a longgg time in the green Android screen, then the same black and silver Android screen I would typically see, then the same error – nothing had changed at all :(

What am I doing wrong? I have access to a 32 and 16gb SD cards and I really would like to partition the drive for added disk space, but I am an extreme novice-non tech person who would need a patient person to describe in detail what I need to do and not to overwhelm me at the same time. I just want a working Android side to this radio again, ideally with more disk space, I am literally ready to rip the whole unit out and just buy a new one, sadly, that’s how difficult and frustrating this is for me.

Here’s my Radio here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gysdq9Lry2M

Here’s the 1st screen I get: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mqqigx&s=8

Here’s the 2nd screen I get: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fm2o3c&s=8

Here’s the 3rd screen I get http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1jti7c&s=8

Any help would be appreciated, anything at all… I’d call Russia if it’d mean I could get it working lol… I’d call anywhere, I’ve read these boards over and over and over and over and I am still getting nowhere :/

Thank you.

Hi MeImmortal1
    There is a program called PhoenixCard, it is used too to save images to a SD. Also it has a "normal format" button. Try to format the SD card again, and repeat the process to write the image file to the SD card. When you can see the partitions on your SD card with mini partition tool then you can bring your SD to your device.

Cheers!