is the ascending ringtone problem solved on 2.2?

Search This thread

RazvanG

Aug 1, 2010
When I set a custom ringtone, the first 1-2 seconds of the song fade in.
If your ringtone has a bit of silence as it starts then you won't notice it.
The fading is not present in the settings menu, but only when a call comes in.
Please test and let me know.
Thank you

Mahagon Coral

Aug 6, 2009
Still got the "problem", to my luck though... used in ears with too high ringer volume and took the call fast enough ^^

Darkstriker

Oct 19, 2009
i9100
OnePlus 2
You cannot technically call this a problem. It is done intentionally by samsung. What I am wondering is why it isn't configurable like it was in previous samsung phones i owned (like the TouchWiz F480)

snapper.fishes

Aug 7, 2010
Hong Kong
For those who do not know, the fading is added so that the ringtone doesn't blast your ears deaf if a call comes in right after you finished your last one (unless if you are using a headset, the phone will be right next to your ear at that moment).

NeoXTC

Dec 13, 2007
Brisbane
well the feature is crap. It should have option whether we want this feature or not instead of forcing us on it.

samjuan

Sep 9, 2008
Thank you

For those who do not know, the fading is added so that the ringtone doesn't blast your ears deaf if a call comes in right after you finished your last one (unless if you are using a headset, the phone will be right next to your ear at that moment).

:D:D:D
Thank you Samsung for avoiding staining my shirt with brain fragments... my dog is also very thankful!

oswade

Jun 18, 2010
Perhaps they should provide the option.. but I personally think this "feature" is good. Especially since I got tinnitus, and hence take all precautions to protect my hearing from future damage.

Last edited:

YG007

Jul 26, 2010
GTA
While some people think its a good "feature", others do not. I'd rather have this feature disabled like most people out there, so we can have those extra 2 seconds to hear the phone ringing from our pockets.

... Its not like you're holding the phone to your ear ALL the time!! Even when you're not doing anything. Cause if you are, then you have a problem!! :D