What is your next phone after HOX and NO S-OFF

Search This thread

Toichat

Jan 21, 2012
Probably a paid-for nexus phone for me next time, with a cheap sim-only contract. I've come to prefer aosp over sense now, and I'm tired of the bloatware and delays that come from being tied to a network.
Plus development on the nexus phones generally seems to be pretty active, which can only be a good thing.

pbh4

Jan 16, 2011
I had a G1 then a Desire and now a HOX. I'll never buy another HTC phone though. It is great hardware but they make it so difficult to hack and mod that it is not worth it. Samsung for me next time.

pbh4

cjm1979

Apr 9, 2009
Batley
I had a G1 then a Desire and now a HOX. I'll never buy another HTC phone though. It is great hardware but they make it so difficult to hack and mod that it is not worth it. Samsung for me next time.

pbh4

How have they made it difficult?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ktlable

Sep 26, 2012
HOX being my first droid, I picked it up based on the appearance of the handset. I love the design over the S3. Had I known about the kind of support from HTC I would have a purchased Samsung at the time. I will be picking up an Aquos SH-02e in a couple weeks and throwing this HTC to the wall.

axpion

May 26, 2007
Valencia
with htcs latest move of removing htcruu.com and no s off.

As well as build problems. I.e, sensation death grip and hox, yellow spots, wifi.

What will you be moving to next and why?

Sent from my htc one x using xda premium app

yo también voy a pasar ya de htc y migraré a sony con el xperia z, demasiados problemas aguantando a htc y eso que ya llevaba muchos años

darrr27

Aug 7, 2012
Stuck on 2 year contract so will wait to see what is out at the end of that lol happy with hox at the min anyway plus got nexus 7

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

KevinB88

Jun 27, 2011
Berlin
AW: What is your next phone after HOX and NO S-OFF

I wait for Galaxy s4, xperia z or zl, Motorola (Google) and decide whats best but no HTC anymore

autophone

Oct 27, 2010
I have tried the xperia z its a really good phone and faster than one x. But I think in terms overall speed and fluidity the note 2 is still better.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Absolutely SGN3 for me. 8 core, 6.3" screen, surely good battery, min. 4GB ram *finger crossed

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app

why the freaking hell you want 4gb in a phone? me thinks the way phones are going now is beyond stupid....it is a freaking phone for ffs.....:mad: 2gb yeah(even though i think that is still to much) 720p screen yeah, but 4gb and 8core processor is beyond stupid now
    I dont know yet, i have hox and sg3, so i guess no one this year, no more HTC for sure... No soff, so, by htc. Gonna break for sure, at least phones. Will keep building only windows phones, so i predict competition with nokia only.
    So the only brand is Sony and Samy, Sony will see no updates as it should, son maybe ending with Samsung.
    Thanks for everything Htc, great phone, tegra is great on gaming but battery sucks in JB. Uncontrolled ota, ruu encrypted.. And more.. But well, hox still a great phone but .won't buy an htc phone anymore. Even if they give us SOFF.
    And i dont lie.

SkyDragon Team© °° Lead Guitar
    HTC M7 plain and simple!
    Some interesting comments. Seems there is abit of frustration with htc. Was going to go for the butterfly but All butterfly has is a bigger screen and krait.

but I'm moving to Sony Now. Atleast they do not break promises or let customers down

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium App

Sony updates are even slower and have a lot of bugs..

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    I am looking at this phone if it turns out to be correct & the specs are as stated
    http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_m7_smartphone_leaks_through_a_rendered_image-news-5357.php

The snapdragon processor phones appear to be easier to root & get s-off for.

I think that pic is fake,
    Every htc i owned had the htc logo on the front of the device wich that pic is lacking

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium