Help! Archos 80 Cobalt only has 1Gb storage instead of 8gb after reflashing stock rom

Search This thread

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 X
I had CWM installed and cynagen rom installed on my Archos tablet. I didn't like it so reflashed back to stock rom but now storage shows Firmware 1.36gb, total space 0.98gb and available 0.90gb. Where the hec is the rest? 7 gigs?

The only thing I can think of is when installing a custom rom it allocated 2gig and 6 gigs. Also I used a hack to make sd storage be seen as internal storage.

What can I do to get the 8gb back please?

julle131

Mar 24, 2011

I have no idea how this could have happened, or what could have caused it, but I will try to help anyway.

Can you post here results of "df" and "mount"? Use terminal emulator for these commands. those commands should give us some idea what is happening.

Edit: on recovery menu, is there an option to repartition the system? If there is, download the stock firmware and perform it.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 X
I have no idea how this could have happened, or what could have caused it, but I will try to help anyway.

Can you post here results of "df" and "mount"? Use terminal emulator for these commands. those commands should give us some idea what is happening.

Edit: on recovery menu, is there an option to repartition the system? If there is, download the stock firmware and perform it.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

I cannot boot to recovery. When I do I get a graphic of a dead robot. Android robot on its back, opened up with a red warning triangle/!

Man this is bugging me. How on earth can I repatriation to get the missing 7 gigs of data/ storage?