Occasionally need to delete all themes and start over, widgets show letters.

Search This thread

RED ZMAN

Anyone else have this issue? Occasionally I'll unlock my Nexus 5 and the current theme will have many of the icons and widgets showing letters or numbers instead of the proper icon anymore.

For example, the phone icon may be the number 4 instead of a phone icon.

The only way I've found to get things back to normal is to download a new theme and install it, delete the old one I was using, and every other one I already had downloaded.

Any idea as to the cause? It is kind of annoying and I've now lost out on some great themes and customizations to current themes (themes that are now missing from themer, adjustments to broken themes).

alldroid

Nov 18, 2012
Rochdale
www.thekinetik.net
well had many problems here but unfortnately not that one,are you running latest version ? also if you upgraded current version instead of just an install of the latest version,try to remove everything connected with themer,ie uninstall then physically go into your device storage and delete the mycolorscreen folder (remember to back up what you need to keep first though ie exported themes) then reboot device and reinstall from market,this should hopefully sort it out.If not report back and we will have another go unless someone else had this problem and found a solution

RED ZMAN

Yeah, i'm in the current version, and I had to do a full uninstall and delete then reinstall when it came out as it kept crashing. THis has been happening now and then for months though.

My wife has had the same issue a few times on her Note 2, so I know it isn't just me. I'm still trying to figure it out. Perhaps I'll start a log of what I do on my phone and then see what last was done before it happens, in case it is my fault.

ThemerSupport

Aug 9, 2013
Yeah, i'm in the current version, and I had to do a full uninstall and delete then reinstall when it came out as it kept crashing. THis has been happening now and then for months though.

My wife has had the same issue a few times on her Note 2, so I know it isn't just me. I'm still trying to figure it out. Perhaps I'll start a log of what I do on my phone and then see what last was done before it happens, in case it is my fault.

Hi,

Are you running any 'cleaner' apps? These apps think the Zooper Widget fonts folder is malware, and deletes it. As the icons are fonts, they revert back to the original default font. Unfortunately the only way to fix it would be to reapply the theme or ever reinstall Themer, unless there's a way to whitelist a folder within the cleaner app.