[Q] S3 i9305 boot problem (E: failed to mount / efs (Invalid argument)

Search This thread

allerou007

Nov 4, 2013
following a bad repair of EFS my S3 i9305 dont start and still frozen on samsung logo and when I try a recovery it shows me the message:
wiping data ...
formatting /data...
E: failed to mount /efs (Invalid argument)
formatting /cache...
data wipe complete.

I have no backup of EFS for my phone
I try to flash my phone with several firmware but the problem persists.

someone can help me plz ?

Raistlin1158

Dec 28, 2010
In the Samsung Kies application under "Tools" there is "Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation,"

With your device unplugged (it will say not available for this model if its plugged in, don't plug it in until it tells you to when in download mode) select this and run the what it tells you to do,

After this is finished you will have a completely fresh install of the latest officially released firmware (for your original build eg. carrier branded) with original serial number and imei number

This does not work for all but its worth a try, you have nothing to lose :)

allerou007

Nov 4, 2013
In the Samsung Kies application under "Tools" there is "Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation,"

With your device unplugged (it will say not available for this model if its plugged in, don't plug it in until it tells you to when in download mode) select this and run the what it tells you to do,

After this is finished you will have a completely fresh install of the latest officially released firmware (for your original build eg. carrier branded) with original serial number and imei number

This does not work for all but its worth a try, you have nothing to lose :)

I can't do that because i don't have access to my phone because it remains blocked on startup, i can only see the samsung logo
sory for my bad english

nfribeiro

Jun 16, 2010
Porto
I can solve this kind of issues very easily and remotely. No need of service repair.

Enviado do meu GT-I9505 através de Tapatalk

Wesam-syria

Aug 18, 2013
Damas
I can solve this kind of issues very easily and remotely. No need of service repair.

Enviado do meu GT-I9505 através de Tapatalk

man how did u solved this??? i have ace same case lost the efs and the mobile is stock at samsung logo what should i do

and for fun i have repair shop and z3x is useless so plzzzzzz guide me bro