[MOD] Disable 01:02 clock flip in Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Search This thread

empeka

Aug 18, 2009
Radom
In recent releases of manila HTC introduced feature that forces digital clock to go back one hour and two minutes to play animation everytime you display home screen.

Some people like that while others don't. So if you want to get rid of this unnecessary animation (leaving `standard` flip when time really changes) here is the way:

CAB method
Simply download and install cab file corresponding to your manila version.

ZIP method
Download modified file for your version of manila (see below).
Disable TF3D (or HTC Sense) in Today settings.
Backup file you're gonna overwrite in next step (just in case;)
Unpack downloaded file to windows directory on your device (replace original).
Enable TF3D in today settings.

If TF3D doesn't start within few seconds, do a softreset.
If TF3D still won't start, restore your original file.

2.1 WVGA: ZIP CAB
2.5 WVGA: ZIP CAB
2.5 VGA: ZIP CAB
stock AT&T Tilt2: ZIP CAB

Notes:
I'm not a flashing freak, so the only rom i tested it myself is TESS, therefore i cannot guarantee it will work on your device. However i see modified files spreading around forums and many people says it's working.
If you're unlucky and provided file doesn't match your manila, you may still try to patch yours with my online patcher (still experimental)

buy me a shelby gt 350 ;]

_

Attachments

• 2a0ac464_manila.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 2,595
  • 5fa4d4b7_manila.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 5,122
  • 5fa4d4b7_manila(VGA).zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,642
  • att_stock_tilt.cab
    20.5 KB · Views: 675
  • VGA_2.5.cab
    30.2 KB · Views: 3,264
  • WVGA_2.1.cab
    20.6 KB · Views: 917
  • WVGA_2.5.cab
    21.7 KB · Views: 11,310
Last edited:
Reactions: tudorhariton

shumilica

Apr 20, 2008
Bucharest
Thanks Empeka!
I can confirm it works for Touch Diamond 2 with duttys HG1 ROM and manila 2.5.
Great job!

I think we have to specify that this files are for WVGA devices, no?

skyandsand

May 1, 2009
Vienna
Ah, works great on my Topaz with Dutty's HG R0 (Manila 2.5). Many thanks mate, that animation was really annoying! :)

Oha, without this animation the system consumpts less memory... now, with your mod 49% of RAM is used, before it was around 53-55%. Great! :D

Last edited:

tcchuin

Dec 25, 2008
In recent releases of manila HTC introduced feature that forces digital clock to go back one hour and two minutes to play animation everytime you display home screen.

Some people like that while others don't. So if you want to get rid of this unnecessary animation (leaving `standard` flip when time really changes) here is the way:

Unpack downloaded file to windows directory on yout device (replace original).

Modified file for manila 2.1 WVGA
Modified file for manila 2.5 WVGA

Notes:
I'm not a flashing freak, so the only rom i tested it myself is TESS, therefore i cannot guarantee it will work on your device. However i see modified files spreading around forums and many people says it's working.
If you're unlucky and provided file doesn't match your manila, you may still try to patch yours with my online patcher (still experimental)

can you make it for manila2d 2.0 too?

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
Small bug

While the time was changing from 10:31 to 10:32, I powered off my HD and again I turn it on.
The clock was stuck in the following state, until time changed to 10:33.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 318

empeka

Aug 18, 2009
Radom
What would need to be done to make this compatible for VGA?
Does manila 2.0 also have this feature?
well, if you send me archive with *_manila files from windows dir i will see what i can do.

While the time was changing from 10:31 to 10:32, I powered off my HD and again I turn it on.
The clock was stuck in the following state, until time changed to 10:33.

I'll keep that in mind if i ever update the way it is patched;)
but for now i don't consider it critical and so you'll have to live with it ( i suppose you don't reboot too often ;p )

Last edited:

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
I'll keep that in mind if i ever update the way it is patched;)
but for now i don't consider it critical and so you'll have to live with it ( i suppose you don't reboot too often ;p )

It is true that I don't reboot too often.:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, you are right that it is not a critical bug, we can live with it.:)

Anyway, thanks for your patch :), it would be nice if you could update the way it is patched.;)

Laurentius26

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2005
Hi Empeka,

Thank you for the fix.
The clock isn't flipping anymore great! :)

I'm using Manila 2.5.

Grtz, Leo :)

Last edited:
I

impulse

Tested on EnergyRom on Sprint CDMA touch pro. It works, but it kinda screws up the rain animation for the first few seconds. Some of the rain drops that are supposed to appear before the wiper clears the screen are missing and the animations get a little laggy. Other than that, it seems to work fine.

Edit: After watching the animations a few more times, i noticed that the raindrops aren't missing. The problem is that they don't fall onto the screen in the rain animation, they just pop up onto the screen.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CAB method
    Simply download and install cab file corresponding to your manila version.

ZIP method
    Unpack downloaded file to windows directory on your device (replace original).

2.1 WVGA: ZIP CAB
    2.5 WVGA: ZIP CAB
    2.5 VGA: ZIP CAB
    stock AT&T Tilt2: ZIP CAB

Notes:

buy me a shelby gt 350 ;]

_
    anyone got a solution? :(

a very nice user (Don't remember his/her name) posted an edited version of the manila file that let's you change the enabling and disabling of the clock flip through the registry. I simply put it in a cab for you.

Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
    "DisableMinuteFlip"=dword:0 ;0 to enable minute flip 1 to disable minute flip
    "DisableDoubleFlip"=dword:0 ;0 to enable hour and minute flip 1 to disable hour and minute flip

Upon installing this cab, you should get the flip clock back. Changing the registry entries should disable it.