[Q] Black frame with white back

Search This thread

mazzini.pharmacy

Nov 4, 2013
Hello guys, let me explain my situation. I own the white 32gb nexus 5 since day one.
I dropped my phone yesterday and, as a result, the screen is now broken and there is a huge damage on top, beside the microphone.
I was looking for replacement part and I guessed if I could assemble the black matte frame with my white back cover.
The new phone will be black earpiece, matte black sides and white soft back.
Would you guys suggest me following this path?

I'm used to manipulate electronics, working on this phone doesn't sound like a problem at all for me.

fluffybunny707

Nov 3, 2013
I would like to point out that the Nexus 5 has it's screen glued. This makes replacement difficult.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

fluffybunny707

Nov 3, 2013
Yeah, there's actually a guide but my account is to new to post it. Op, check out ifixit. It has a great Nexus 5 teardown tutorial.

goo.gl/vzmOQN maybe this will work?

Last edited:

mazzini.pharmacy

Nov 4, 2013
Would you think that this mod is worth?
I'm quite worried about the result.
Do you think the two parts will match well together?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

fluffybunny707

Nov 3, 2013
I'm not exactly qualified to say personally but if you are used to working with electronics, then you can give it a try. After all the screen is broken and most of the other parts are easy enough to fix a far as far as the tear down says. I would personally think that replacing the earpiece would be relatively easy. After all the Nexus 5 has a very high repair ease rating.