[Q] Encryption Unsuccessful?

Search This thread

mumaxe

Jun 12, 2012
Peoria
Hi bros, i have a 16Gb XT1032 GPE and out of fun, i threw at it some of "fastboot oem unlock", and then some "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.0.3.2-falcon.img", then i tried flashing multiple roms but keep getting a very annoying "Encryption Unsuccessful" message and no matter how many times i reboot or reflash or common sense things i do, it wont boot anything but Stock.

Pic very related And attached!

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20140305_184806.jpg
    IMG_20140305_184806.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 269

iMiguelAcuna

Jul 1, 2012
Hi bros, i have a 16Gb XT1032 GPE and out of fun, i threw at it some of "fastboot oem unlock", and then some "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.0.3.2-falcon.img", then i tried flashing multiple roms but keep getting a very annoying "Encryption Unsuccessful" message and no matter how many times i reboot or reflash or common sense things i do, it wont boot anything but Stock.

Any ideas?

You are doing the wrong procedure.

GPE devices need a reboot after unlocking its bootloader, (Need to wipe everything stored under /data/ partition)

AFAIK, A custom recovery can handle those instructions and leads on a booting-always-in-recovery or that "Encryption Unseccessful" thing.

Try flashing stock recovery again and let your device wipe everything up.

If that procedure works, you can re-flash your custom recovery again.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: mumaxe

mumaxe

Jun 12, 2012
Peoria

GPE devices need a reboot after unlocking its bootloader, (Need to wipe everything stored under /data/ partition)

AFAIK, A custom recovery can handle those instructions and leads on a booting-always-in-recovery or that "Encryption Unseccessful" thing.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the help bro, ill stick with stock for at least a week and then ill check things out. If they dont work, expect a bump in this thread...

mumaxe

Jun 12, 2012
Peoria
Thanks for the help bro, ill stick with stock for at least a week and then ill check things out. If they dont work, expect a bump in this thread...

Ok so i lied, i flashed stock, did a couple of reboots in stock recovery, and flashed like 3 roms. still no go and still the encryption thing pops up.
i have honestly no idea what to do now.

iMiguelAcuna

Jul 1, 2012
Ok so i lied, i flashed stock, did a couple of reboots in stock recovery, and flashed like 3 roms. still no go and still the encryption thing pops up.
i have honestly no idea what to do now.

Does the stock Rom works fine?

Did you try a factory reset under settings?

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

mumaxe

Jun 12, 2012
Peoria
everything

Does the stock Rom works fine?

Did you try a factory reset under settings?

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

I did everything the "right" way, i even relocked the bootloader and then re-unlocked it just thinking it was that. any time i try to flash it with anything that is not the original stock GPE rom it will show the encryption thing. does it have to do anything with the fact its a gpe device? i was really exited to get the gpe edition because it would be fun and straightforward like the nexus 5 but now i feel i screwed up by doin that since it aparently only likes the stupid stock rom. now im officialy out of ideas.

ncik

Dec 23, 2010
Delhi
I have the same problem. I came fom CM11 after an update put my phone in boot loop. haven't tried finding a way out yet. but that's because I am lazy. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any ideas?

Hope that helps.