Need help installing 4EXTRecovery on sd card

Search This thread

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
Try to install android via Nativesd, did the partition on my sd card with fat32 and ext4, then copy the unzipped file of 4extrecovery to the fat32, and the zipped rom in the same partition, went to magldr, services, boot settings, ad sd dir, the choose 4ext file, phone reboot and stay on htc green logo like for 5 sec and then reboot and same thing try three times and wasn't able to boot into 4extrecovery. Help please

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Try to install android via Nativesd, did the partition on my sd card with fat32 and ext4, then copy the unzipped file of 4extrecovery to the fat32, and the zipped rom in the same partition, went to magldr, services, boot settings, ad sd dir, the choose 4ext file, phone reboot and stay on htc green logo like for 5 sec and then reboot and same thing try three times and wasn't able to boot into 4extrecovery. Help please

does the unzipped 4extrecovery folder on your sdcard contain the files Haret, startup.txt etc? or just 1 folder with those files in? needs to be the first.

Also are you booting using ad sd from magldr?

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
does the unzipped 4extrecovery folder on your sdcard contain the files Haret, startup.txt etc? or just 1 folder with those files in? needs to be the first.

Also are you booting using ad sd from magldr?

the unzipped folder contains another folder wich I rename 4EXTRecovery with the haret, startup,etc. I copy that folder into sd with the rom zipped. Then booting using ad sd from magldr.

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
how odd.
perhaps your 4ext download was corrupted, try redownload and re-install.
How did you put files on sdcard? I hope you used card reader and not magldr usb mass stg

I put the files on sd card with a card reader, and I download first the second file in the link where I download it from then I tried the last file.

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
the "4extrecovery" folder, rename it back to original name. It should have the haret etc files inside. Then navigate to that folder using ad sd dir, then boot ad sd.

OK so when I extracted the zip file don't rename the file that contains haret etc files, just copy to sd card the way it is. I was following what a video on YouTube says and when he unzipped the file it had a file 4EXTRecovery

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
Still have the same problem, if I don't rename the folder to 4EXTRecovery and then go to magldr the 4extreco~ file didn't show it has a different name. I'm stuck on this. Please help

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Still have the same problem, if I don't rename the folder to 4EXTRecovery and then go to magldr the 4extreco~ file didn't show it has a different name. I'm stuck on this. Please help
Select the file with new name from ad sd dir, then boot ad sd. But you have probably tried that.
Sorry again, i was a bit confused earlier when i said i knew what the problem was:eek:
Let's get back to basics, if you switch on the phone and hold the volume down button, what info do you get on the tri-colour screen? Just to check you have hspl 2.08 installed.
Also can you post the link to the vid you used?

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London

The video is good, hspl is good. The only thing i can think is happening is that you extract the recovery (last on list recovery_twrp2.2.2.0_leo_sd.zip) to get recovery_twrp2.2.2.0_leo_sd folder. Inside this is another folder called recovery_twrp2.2.2.0_leo_sd. Inside this is another folder called twrp2.2.2.0, this is the folder to put on sdcard. select this folder using ad sd dir. then boot using ad sd.
In ad sd dir, magldr only reads 8 characters, so it should appear on the list as twrp2.2.~
If this still fails, then it might be that magldr does not like "." character. Change the name to twrprec (not twrp2 since i think the recovery makes this folder for its own use after booting), select this folder using ad sd dir. then boot using ad sd.
I really hope this works for you

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
The video is good, hspl is good. The only thing i can think is happening is that you extract the recovery (last on list recovery_twrp2.2.2.0_leo_sd.zip) to get recovery_twrp2.2.2.0_leo_sd folder. Inside this is another folder called recovery_twrp2.2.2.0_leo_sd. Inside this is another folder called twrp2.2.2.0, this is the folder to put on sdcard. select this folder using ad sd dir. then boot using ad sd.
In ad sd dir, magldr only reads 8 characters, so it should appear on the list as twrp2.2.~
If this still fails, then it might be that magldr does not like "." character. Change the name to twrprec (not twrp2 since i think the recovery makes this folder for its own use after booting), select this folder using ad sd dir. then boot using ad sd.
I really hope this works for you

I will try to do that when I get home, I'll let you know if that fix the problem. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

htcp85

May 4, 2010
New Jersey
I tried everything and same thing, I don't know what's going on.
This is how it looks when boot to magdlr, first I change the folder to 4EXTRecovery and I got this

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
this is weird.
Try switching off on the phone and trying again.
If it hangs on htc screen, use the tiny reset button under battery cover to reboot, don't pull the battery
after it reboots, go to services/dmesg to sd
look on sdcard for dmesg.txt using pc and post it here.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts