udate 13.3.2.2_user_322095220

Search This thread

jjrizzelcincy

Mar 19, 2011
cincinnati
AMAZON is at it again with update 13.3.2.2_user_322095220
i think we have a snitch for amazon in this forum and im pretty sure i know who it is!!!!!!
he always acts like he is going to do things to help other and then never comes through with the files and stuff that he says he is going to make for everyone and his brother just do happens to work for them!!!

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach.../5/7/1/9/5/Screenshot_2014-03-29-09-58-38.png

Last edited:

jjrizzelcincy

Mar 19, 2011
cincinnati
Seriously... snitch? Wats the change log?

i would not doubt it
i dont know the change log
but i have seen two users report the 13.2.2.2 update
it could not be anything more than to mess up the work around that people have been getting away with by updating the build.prop
because when i try to change the build.prop to 14.3.2.2_user_322095220 in all the right places and try to save it the way i did before using root explorer it saves as 0 kb and is blank when i look at it.so i delete it and change the build.prop.bak file that is created when changing the build.prop back to build.prop because i am afraid to reboot with the blank one in fear of a brick

Last edited:

sw01

Nov 30, 2011
i would not doubt it
i dont know the change log
but i have seen to users report the 13.2.2.2 update
it could not be anything more than to mess up the work around that people have been getting away with by updating the build.prop

Would it be possible to post the build.prop file?

Thanks in advance...

sw01

Nov 30, 2011
i tried that by changing the build.prop but it would not let me it was just saving as a blank

Google "hdx 8.9 download"
Find the Amazon page that lets you manually download the updates
The download link points to 14.3.2.1..
Copy that link into a new browser window and edit it in two places

this is for 8.9 obviously

Last edited:

intel352

Aug 19, 2009
Leland, NC

tl3

Feb 9, 2014
What Changed?

Wonder what changed... the recovery, kernel(s) and system apps all appear to be the same. There must be some critical bugs that had to be urgently patched with this latest update coming so quick on the tail of the 13.3.2.1 update.

[Edit]Upon closer inspection, looks like there are some noticeable changes in the following apps:

WhisperlinkSdk.apk
WhisperplayActivityView.apk
WhisperplayCDSSettings.apk
WhisperplayCore.apk
WhisperplayQCSource.apk

com.amazon.communication.apk

com.amazon.tcomm.apk
[/Edit]

Last edited:

vdsno1

Nov 6, 2013
THANLS

I've updated 13.3.2.2, somehow opened when the machine is updated immediately so!!

mech_supernova

Jan 12, 2008
I wonder if it would be possible to insert the SU binaries in this new update and then manually install it without breaking the signature

Cevyn

Jan 7, 2011
Hagerstown, MD
www.cevyn.com
I just did a manual "Check Update" on my HDX 7 and it said no new updates, but only has 13.3.2.1.

I did sniff the traffic from the Kindle during this check and found that it contacted "softwareupdates.amazon.com" - which I now blocked in my router for what its worth.

Captured packets attached just in case they're useful.

Attachments

• HDXCheckUpdate.zip
    293 bytes · Views: 53

Cevyn

Jan 7, 2011
Hagerstown, MD
www.cevyn.com
Well crap. Blocking the server as above on my home LAN did stop the update from ever happening but I forgot to turn WiFi off at School and what do you know, 13.2.2 snuck right on in in a matter of minutes :(

Reckerr

Feb 26, 2012

Couple questions...
1. Once I stay out of the Stock rom it shouldn't update. Am I right on that?
2. If I have a rom slot with Fire OS loaded to it and in use. Can I turn on wifi and it not update?
3. I have the AOSP rom in as lot. Can I turn on wifi in this without fear of update?

jjrizzelcincy

Mar 19, 2011
cincinnati
Couple questions...
1. Once I stay out of the Stock rom it shouldn't update. Am I right on that?
2. If I have a rom slot with Fire OS loaded to it and in use. Can I turn on wifi and it not update?
3. I have the AOSP rom in as lot. Can I turn on wifi in this without fear of update?

install safestrap on both stock and rom slot one
so it will not be able to fully update it will bootloop back to safestrap according to GSLEON3

glimmer00

Mar 28, 2012
Update the hosts file on the kindle to point to localhost(127.0.0.1) or something. That might, or might not offer some help on WiFi you don't control. You'll need to still have root to do this of course.