stuck in twrp

Search This thread

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
I deleted my rom file while doing a wipe. adb sees the device, so I ran from cmd and cd'd into the platform tools directory. Then ran:

Code:
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools> adb push ROM.zip
But when I run that, I get the man pages or error:closed

At least it's good that adb sees my device after running adb devices. Is there something wrong with the way I'm trying to push the rom over?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
You need to tell it what to push it. \sdcard\download. Or something along those lines

Sorry, you need to use / not \
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
You need to tell it what to push it. \sdcard\download. Or something along those lines

Sorry, you need to use / not \
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I'm trying eveything I can think of, but still nothing. So close.

When I run adb status-window I get:

<-[2J<-[2HAndroid Debug Bridge
State: sideload

Last edited:

goofball2k

Oct 5, 2010
Ottawa
did you try adb push ROM.zip /sdcard/ROM.zip but changing the name ROM.zip to whatever the exact name of your file is?

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
did you try adb push ROM.zip /sdcard/ROM.zip but changing the name ROM.zip to whatever the exact name of your file is?

I just tried that, and got:

error:closed

Ran the original command with sideload:

C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools> adb sideload ROM.zip

and got:

* failed to write data 'protocol fault <no status>' * 1%

Last edited:

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
OK, I got it done. I rebooted the phone back into recovery mode, and ran the original command which finally worked. I got a new rom installed successfully! Thanks for the help guys, all is well, and lesson learned.