[Q] CM11S turn 64G OPO into 16G OPO?

Search This thread

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Any updates here? haha I kind of screw myself up the same way as well :(
fastboot format userdata

To put it into a command. This will wipe your storage though. Read entropy512's post. No one seemed to follow it though. He is correct.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Trent23

Jun 6, 2014
fastboot format userdata

To put it into a command. This will wipe your storage though. Read entropy512's post. No one seemed to follow it though. He is correct.

I read his post I do not quite understand how to do it. Is it possible to provide me with a step by step instructions? :( I'm really poor at this. I have email him as well. I don't know exactly how to reformat user data:(((

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
I read his post I do not quite understand how to do it. Is it possible to provide me with a step by step instructions? :( I'm really poor at this. I have email him as well. I don't know exactly how to reformat user data:(((
Look up how to use fastboot. It will help you more in the end.

If you do a factory reset with the standard recovery, it should format data and get your space back.

Trent23

Jun 6, 2014
Look up how to use fastboot. It will help you more in the end.

If you do a factory reset with the standard recovery, it should format data and get your space back.

So in summary I need to fastboot format user data using command prompt right? That's the whole point?

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
Yep. Back up anything from data or sdcard that you want to save first and make sure fastboot / adb work. Then run that command to wipe userdata.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Sam_in_PGH

Jun 30, 2013
Check the post I made in that thread. Go into TWRP and do a FULL userdata format. (You can "fastboot boot" TWRP without flashing it if you wish, or you can flash it.)

Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data

(the standard factory reset will just remove all files outside of /data/media without reformatting the partition.)

Based on your description of what you did to flash it, I'm fairly certain that your partition table is OK (since it doesn't look like you altered that), but you flashed a premade 16GB userdata image to a 64GB partition.

I flashed PA rom, now back on CM 11S and now getting this issue. I just went into TWRP and flash Data and still showing as 16GB when I boot back into CM. Am I doing anything wrong?

tsang_alan

Feb 24, 2010
I flashed PA rom, now back on CM 11S and now getting this issue. I just went into TWRP and flash Data and still showing as 16GB when I boot back into CM. Am I doing anything wrong?

Please try using fastboot (already mentioned couple times in the thread:good:)
- boot into fastboot mode, type command

fastboot format userdata

All should be good!

Reactions: trotos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check private msg over there. DavidS sent you info on how to flash the latest build of CM11S.

I did. But the problem remains. He said next update will solve the problem.

Check the post I made in that thread. Go into TWRP and do a FULL userdata format. (You can "fastboot boot" TWRP without flashing it if you wish, or you can flash it.)

Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data

(the standard factory reset will just remove all files outside of /data/media without reformatting the partition.)

Based on your description of what you did to flash it, I'm fairly certain that your partition table is OK (since it doesn't look like you altered that), but you flashed a premade 16GB userdata image to a 64GB partition.
    Sorry, I might mis-quoted your post.Actually I intended to reply his post.
    I haven't done anything yet because I am waiting for CM's next update.:)

Hello everyone, I got my one plus one today! I confirm CM11S rom works on 64GB. See Attached!:eek:

This is what I did with my phone and feel very excited now!

1. Unlock the phone by
    fastboot oem unlock

2. Flash the recovery and modem with WCDMA
    fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin

3. Flash XNPH22Q
    Reboot to recovery, apply factory reset and install the XNPH22Q zip rom file

You can find the necessary files and instruction here if you know Chinese. Assume you have played with another phone before, it's easy!
    [recovery and hacked modem] oneplusbbs.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=336574&extra=page%3D3%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D25
    [latest CM12s rom] oneplusbbs.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=351823&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D28

Cheers!:cool:
    Sorry, I might mis-quoted your post.Actually I intended to reply his post.
    I haven't done anything yet because I am waiting for CM's next update.:)

An update is not going to do anything unless they release a separate package with 64GB userdata, or force a complete format on OTA (generally this is something people don't do...)

If the update also has a 16GB userdata partition image, it'll have the exact same problem. Formatting userdata in recovery will resize it to use the entire partition.

Hello everyone, I got my one plus one today! I confirm CM11S rom works on 64GB. See Attached!:eek:

This is what I did with my phone and feel very excited now!

1. Unlock the phone by
    fastboot oem unlock

2. Flash the recovery and modem with WCDMA
    fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin

3. Flash XNPH22Q
    Reboot to recovery, apply factory reset and install the XNPH22Q zip rom file

You can find the necessary files and instruction here if you know Chinese. Assume you have played with another phone before, it's easy!
    [recovery and hacked modem] oneplusbbs.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=336574&extra=page%3D3%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D25
    [latest CM12s rom] oneplusbbs.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=351823&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D28

Cheers!:cool:
    Key thing here: No flashing of userdata.img in fastboot - that's likely the ONLY thing you need to do (or more specifically in this case, NOT do) in order to avoid the issue of 64GB devices reporting 16GB userdata.
    Thank you. In your third step, could you make it more clear how did you do it? Did you flash the 467MB zip in recovery or followed the instructions in the original thread ( zip first and type commands)?

Flashing the zip rom is sufficient, no other command needed. Note you need to perform "Factory Reset" when you boot to recovery then apply zip rom. Cheers! :laugh:

Please try using fastboot (already mentioned couple times in the thread:good:)
    - boot into fastboot mode, type command

fastboot format userdata

All should be good!