S-health and S-voice won't update?

Search This thread
Aug 27, 2012
Hello everyone,

So i have towel rooted the S5, it's great and works fine except for a couple things. Like the title says, neither s-voice or s-health update. They both keep telling me they have updates but, when I try to update the app force closes. Unfortunately "blank" has stopped. I was wondering is this because of towel root or another reason. Any help would be appreciated.

carlospr21

Oct 9, 2007
P.R. Levittown
Hello everyone,

So i have towel rooted the S5, it's great and works fine except for a couple things. Like the title says, neither s-voice or s-health update. They both keep telling me they have updates but, when I try to update the app force closes. Unfortunately "blank" has stopped. I was wondering is this because of towel root or another reason. Any help would be appreciated.

do you have xposed install
have you cleared cache??

If you have xposed do here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784945
Then wipe apps cache and done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

johns86

Feb 18, 2014
Yes, thats what he means. Going to app manager and clearing cache

I had updated everything before I used towelroot, so I can only help in saying that a few days ago I updated with no problem.

I might also try a difference between WIFI and Data attempting to update.

Aug 27, 2012

I had updated everything before I used towelroot, so I can only help in saying that a few days ago I updated with no problem.

I just tried to go through app manager and clear the cache and it still doesn't fix the problem. I'm thinking the only way to get around this would to be uproot and then update and root again. My only complaint about that way is - do I have to do that everytime these apps want to update?

johns86

Feb 18, 2014
I just tried to go through app manager and clear the cache and it still doesn't fix the problem. I'm thinking the only way to get around this would to be uproot and then update and root again. My only complaint about that way is - do I have to do that everytime these apps want to update?

I've updated plenty of apps since then. I wouldn't get carried away right off the bat.

There are several factors that could be preventing it from updating that are out of your control. Next thing I'd try, a stupid, yet simple. turn off, pull battery, turn on and try again. If that doesn't work just wait 12 or 24 hours before attempting again.

Like I said before, stuff out of your control, servers, networks, etc.

Aug 27, 2012

FOUND IT!

I'm sorry for all the trouble guys but I found the problem. What I forgot was that I froze the Samsung appstore app from within titanium backup. Realizing those are Samsung apps and not the playstore apps and defrosting the Samsung appstore is what fixed the problem.

Thank you again for trying to help. Also really sorry for the trouble. Will hit "thanks" to the responders!

johns86

Feb 18, 2014
FOUND IT!

I'm sorry for all the trouble guys but I found the problem. What I forgot was that I froze the Samsung appstore app from within titanium backup. Realizing those are Samsung apps and not the playstore apps and defrosting the Samsung appstore is what fixed the problem.

Thank you again for trying to help. Also really sorry for the trouble. Will hit "thanks" to the responders!

lol...yea, that'll do it!

carlospr21

Oct 9, 2007
P.R. Levittown
FOUND IT!

hahahaha stuff like thats happens when your rooted!!! [emoji38]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

do you have xposed install
    have you cleared cache??

If you have xposed do here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784945
    Then wipe apps cache and done

I do not have xposed installed. Does this mean I just have to wipe the cache from the settings app?
    yes sir or drag it to the app drawer on top it says App Info you can clear it from there

I've updated plenty of apps since then. I wouldn't get carried away right off the bat.

There are several factors that could be preventing it from updating that are out of your control. Next thing I'd try, a stupid, yet simple. turn off, pull battery, turn on and try again. If that doesn't work just wait 12 or 24 hours before attempting again.

Like I said before, stuff out of your control, servers, networks, etc.
    FOUND IT!

lol...yea, that'll do it!