[MOD]Remove Watermark Windows 8 Build 8250

Search This thread

Erebus671

Jul 4, 2011
Yigo, Guam
Do not fully understand what's going on in sections 2 and 3, unfortunately, as it wants to change anything with the files (shell32 and...) it comes out the information that I do not have permision to change them. What am I doing wrong?

Did you click continue? Are you the only user?

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

mikekrk

Sep 3, 2011
of course I have an administrator, I press continue, and the whole time I have: try to raise redo, do not have rights

mikekrk

Sep 3, 2011
1. I install takeowner …

2. Takewoner run on both files (opens a command window but do not see what it says)
3. close Exprorer
4. I run cmd.exe
5. Copy the edited file from the Widnows \ system32 \ en-us
6. Say Y to overwrite

Receives a message: do not have permision

And? What is wrong?

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
ok ! If i can elp :

1. Install the <InstallTakeOwnership.reg> from the Take Ownership

2. Take Ownership from the <shell32.dll.mui> file (located @ C:\Windows\System32\en-US)[i have a french version then i select fr-FR]
Right clic, then select TAKE OWNERSHIP...
A command prompt will pop up quickly...
Now you can right clic on DLL, go to SECURITY then select your account and EDIT ADMIN power then CHECK ALL FULL STUFF...
YOU HAVE ADMIN RIGHTS NOW !

3. Take Ownership from the <basebrd.dll.mui> file (located @ C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US)[i have a french version then i select fr-FR]
Right clic, then select TAKE OWNERSHIP...
A command prompt will pop up quickly...
Now you can right clic on DLL, go to SECURITY then select your account and EDIT ADMIN power then CHECK ALL FULL STUFF...
YOU HAVE ADMIN RIGHTS NOW !

[NOT NEEDED ] 4. Close the Windows Explorer completely in order to let the <InstallTakeOwnership> work
5. Copy and replace the <shell32.dll.mui> from the Edited Files to C:\Windows\System32\en-US
6. Copy and replace the <basebrd.dll.mui> from the Edited Files to C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US

7. Start the Command prompt with Administrator(right click) [You can have TWO Command Prompt, one standard & one with admin rights...]
8. Type mcbuilder and wait till its finished
9. Reboot !!
9 bis. CHANGE THEME & GO back to your theme... if watermark is still active
10. Enjoy !!!!

Edited for all users with Admin problems and n00b like me...

And result :
captureoht.png

Last edited:

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com

Dude do you run a chrome extension called stealthy? If not get it! You can by pass that issue with the click of a switch ;)

I have it. I got the same inital message for here in Australia. Flicked stealthy and now I get access, and its asking me to pay credits to download:mad: bugger!

I hope that this is the right file? Its a pretty unique name and recent upload so I am going to take a gamble on it.http://rghost.net/38914684

Trying to find a legitament MD5 or SHA1 :eek:

PieOfJustice

Feb 15, 2011
Error: GPS Unavailable
So for some reason this changed everything to read from the D:\ drive even though Windows is installed to C:\

Now I can't boot no matter what. Disk check fails. Auto Repair fails. System restore fails.

Anyone have a clue on how to change this back? No one should be using this mod.

chaddeus

Aug 3, 2012
Jakarta
I am wondering why would there be a watermark? I know those non final released copies has these watermark but why would the RTM copies have watermark? Is this the new implementation of Windows 8?

- Charles

gtuansdiamm

Nov 15, 2010
New York
Dude do you run a chrome extension called stealthy? If not get it! You can by pass that issue with the click of a switch ;)

I have it. I got the same inital message for here in Australia. Flicked stealthy and now I get access, and its asking me to pay credits to download:mad: bugger!

I hope that this is the right file? Its a pretty unique name and recent upload so I am going to take a gamble on it.http://rghost.net/38914684

Trying to find a legitament MD5 or SHA1 :eek:

was your good
and can op confirm its the same file

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I Found a way to remove the Watermark completely

NOTE ONLY TESTED ON ENGLISH VERSION !!!

Download the Rar file

http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/76330339/file.html

Pass: kwadie

1. Install the <InstallTakeOwnership.reg> from the Take Ownership
    2. Take Ownership from the <shell32.dll.mui> file (located @ C:\Windows\System32\en-US)
    3. Take Ownership from the <basebrd.dll.mui> file (located @ C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US)
    4. Close the Windows Explorer completely in order to let the <InstallTakeOwnership> work
    5. Copy and replace the <shell32.dll.mui> from the Edited Files to C:\Windows\System32\en-US
    6. Copy and replace the <basebrd.dll.mui> from the Edited Files to C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US
    7. Start the Command prompt with Administrator(right click)
    8. Type mcbuilder and wait till its finished
    9. Reboot !!
    10. Enjoy !!!!

Let me know if it works for you :)

b70e8ab6a2.png
    Finally got it to work. I followed all the instructions posted with the file, then changed my theme from "Windows" to "Windows Basic". Now the watermark is gone and you can switch back to my previous "Windows" Theme
    change the theme for those whose didnt worked
    It works, but...

It works, but you have to change your wallpaper after you reboot.